ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shocking Result

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Molls243
Newly Registered

Shocking Result

Post by Molls243 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello Everyone just sharing my experience and if any one could help me please.

I was offered job from company who has sponsorship licence,
Everything was followed by interview and finally job offer I accepted the offer and they issued my COS letter , I applied on 16th August got email on 2nd of September stating further checks are going and they may delay processing time, I was little worried.

Finally yesterday I received application back, with refusal Eco stated that the cos letter I have provided has been issued with some one else detail and there fore my application refused under 245HB also paragraph 320(7A) applies.

I was so shocked with this comment , I straight away contacted HR department and they got back me saying yes they made a mistake .

I still can't believe what has happened and still can't believe how could they make such a mistake.

Now more than Any thing 10years ban is bothering me as I haven't done any thing ,

Next week I will submit admin review with supporting documents showing they have issued this cos letter not me hoping they will remove my 10 year ban.
Also how can make my case stronger also I would like to inform home office about this .

What else shall I do?

Please help thank you.

vinny

Re: Shocking Result

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:08 pm

What wrongdoing did they accuse you of doing?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:15 am

vinny wrote:What wrongdoing did they accuse you of doing?
Hello vinny following comment.

You state in your application from that you have Cos number***** to work for company name . You have submitted a copy of the cos which contains your name and that of your stated sponsor Home office Records, however ,show that this Cos number has been assigned to different person , in view of above I am not satisfied that you have submitted valid cos. You have therefore been awarded 0 points under 245H(b) of the immigration Rules.

General grounds of refusal

Eco comment : under paragraph 320(7A) of the immigration rules a person must automatically refused entry clearance in false representation of documents are used ( weather or not material to the application and weather or not applicant's knowledge ) , or material facts are not disclosed in relation to the application . A false representation for the purpose is a lie, or false statement in visa application , made either orally or in writing.

Can I submit review with supporting documents , also company said they will issue new cos today could I submit this well?

Appreciate your comments thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:33 am

...whether or not material to the application and whether or not applicant's knowledge
It seems you will need a confession and admission of responsibility from 'your' company in order to get through this one.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm surprised how the COS copy issued by the sponsor contains OP's name in it when it was issued to a different person. As I understand, you don't create this manually.

Anyways, OP will surely need a letter from sponsor highlighting the mistake from their side they did to overturn at least 320 (7A) judgement.

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:52 pm

moonlight55 wrote:I'm surprised how the COS copy issued by the sponsor contains OP's name in it when it was issued to a different person. As I understand, you don't create this manually.

Anyways, OP will surely need a letter from sponsor highlighting the mistake from their side they did to overturn at least 320 (7A) judgement.

Me too I can not believe that either till they accepted thier side mistake , they gonna request new cos and I will get in written from them so at least over turn 320(7A).

I also have all email conversations with job offer and cos letter attachment , that I will submit as supporting documents .

Hopefully they will consider my case . Still worrying. Thank you .

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:34 am

The last time I saw your circumstances replicated the "Sponsor" was operating a scam. They offer non existent roles, provide a false COS once you have paid them your "fees"

Did you pay an agent or the company a fee to join them?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:02 am

I'm with frontier mole on this. it's impossible for this to be a mistake

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 am

If the sponsor had only given the original poster the CoS number then this could have been a genuine error but the letter from UKVI states that a CoS printout was provided. An incorrect CoS number on a printout can't possibly be an error; it must be fraud by the sponsor. Take the ba**ards to court and, at the very least, have their sponsor licence revoked so they can't do it again.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:01 am

The usual scam is to pretend either to represent the Sponsor or impersonate the Sponsor. So taking anyone to court is a futile / pointless exercise. You are either chasing shadows or ghosts depending on the fraud method.
The scam usual recycles actual COS numbers previously issued to other individuals. If they have a used COS for the represented / imposter Sponsor even better.
As for COS paperwork, easily produced to look like the real deal.
The issue for people that are susceptible to this scam is there is no way to check the validity of the COS.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:11 am

Noteworthy that OP has yet to confirm if a fee was paid to procure this job.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

*crickets*
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:11 pm

sah10406 wrote:*crickets*
Ok that comment alludes me :D

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
sah10406 wrote:*crickets*
Ok that comment alludes me :D
The only sound is the chirping of crickets, highlighting the silence from OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks Sah, my learning continues 8)

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:26 pm

When I've come across this before, it has been because of a fraudulent sponsor as well.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.