ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR family amnesty

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tw30
Newly Registered

ILR family amnesty

Post by tw30 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:47 pm

hi, i have applied for the ILR family amnesty concession. if i am granted it does anyone know what my entitlements are regarding applying for british nationality. can i apply after one year, having already completed 4 years ELR, or do i have to start counting the 5 years residency again from the start of the ILR anmesty. thank you.

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:36 pm

As it appears to me, if you have had ELR for 4 years, and then ILR for at least 1 year, you will obviously not been in breach of any immigration regulations for at least 5 years (if ever) ..... and thus there will be no reason for you not to submit an application for naturalisation once ILR has been held for at least 1 year.

If married to a British Citizen you would be able to submit an application for naturalisation as soon as you have ILR.

tw30
Newly Registered

Post by tw30 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:19 pm

hi, thanks for your reply. the only problem i can see is that on the 'family amnesty ILR application form' i had to tick a box saying i agree for any decisions made prior to this application to be discounted, and that i will not make any future applications. so i am worried that i have unwittingly renounced my ELR, and that it will not be taken into account re five years stay before applying for british naturalisation.