ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did they really contact your employers?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Did they really contact your employers?

Post by pyke » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi

To those who have applied, I was wondering if they really contacted your employers to verify the information provided. Did you tell your employer in advance? What did you tell them? Mine would react badly to it.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Then I guess, you shouldn't tell him.

pyke

Post by pyke » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:56 pm

would prefer not to, except that they may get a shock if contacted to verify the information. what did you tell yours?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:04 pm

If by "they" you mean immigration ... Yes. "They" do contact employers and other references to verify information.

However, "they" do not necessarily check all information .. there isn't time for each detail.

However (also), "they" can get in a lot of trouble if they let someone through with false information on their applications ... so "they" have a lot of incentive to check & verify.

Short answer: It's a gamble, one with worse odds every day.

the Admin

pyke

Post by pyke » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks, Admin. Would your advice be to inform my employers in advance, to be on the safe side, then?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm sorry. I won't advise you on what action to take in this situation. I do not know the exact situation you are in, so if I tell you to do one thing or another, it could be very bad advice.

It does sound difficult, though, since the relationship with your employer doesn't appear entirely friendly.

My advice is to consider the possibility that immigration will contact your employer (or anyone else in your application). That is why they want the contact information.

Other members with more direct experience might be able to give information regarding if it is wise to inform immigration that, in your working situation, it could endanger your current job. Immigration authorities may have some sympathy toward that very real circumstance, and there may be some other options available to provide immigration with the information they would like to have.

It might be worth contacting immigration and telling them you are in a hostile working situation and that your employer may take retribution against you. Ask immigration for advice on how to proceed under such a circumstance.

Most everybody here can tell what they know or have experienced but, in the end, each person must decide for themselves what they will try to do. You will have to make your best judgment based upon the information you have.

In this case, you should consider plans in the event that immigration does contact your employer. As I said, it is a gamble; only you can estimate the odds for your circumstances.

Sorry I can't do better than that. Good luck to you!

the Admin

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Did they really contact your employers?

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:03 pm

-If you are not working in the UK and you come from the countries where fraud have been found ifrequently n the past, and your evidence come from these countries. (You will know, in which countries a lot of frauds have been found in the past, If you browse this forum)
- If the case raise eyebrow such as: Excessive salary above National avarage of income per capita in your countries while working in a small unlnown local companies, do not have website, it is not listed in yellow pages, etc, Think all of things like these which might raise eyebrow.

The chance that they will verify carefully is very high. They normally use professional service to do this tasks.

On one hand the argument that you do not have a good relation with your employers is compassionate. However on the other hand, We need to put ourselves on the CW shoes. In the past there have been reasonable number of fraud/ fraudulance documents have been found, in case there is no verifications how could they convince that the documents are genuine ??.

I remember back a few years ago when the HSMP is introduced, there were not too much verification were going on. Nowadays, it seems that they are very strict. What reason make them to change the rule ???

Hope this help.
pyke wrote:Hi

To those who have applied, I was wondering if they really contacted your employers to verify the information provided. Did you tell your employer in advance? What did you tell them? Mine would react badly to it.
Pantaiema

pyke

Post by pyke » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:23 pm

thanks Admin and pantaiema, I will consider the different aspects that you have brought up.

it's funny you should mention that. it is a small but successful local company that doesn't have its own website and isn't listed in the yellow pages! everything is legit though. they simply don't consider it a worthwhile investment.

yes, I would consider it a hostile working situation. the turnover rate is high and they have a history of instructing senior staff to hand in their resignation when the working relationship sours, which could happen in my case. informing them in advance would put everything out in the open but obviously, there are risks.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:05 pm

pyke

The main point here is that not because they simply don't consider it a worthwhile investment . It is not your company immigrate in the UK but it is you, isn't it ?. However, it is common sense to think that the companies like I have mentioned before are highly unlikely to be able to pay the salary required by HSM. The extreme case is not impossible, but for this you need extra effort to convince the Verification agents who work for the HO and the CW.
pyke wrote: they simply don't consider it a worthwhile investment.

yes, I would consider it a hostile working situation. the turnover rate is high and they have a history of instructing senior staff to hand in their resignation when the working relationship sours, which could happen in my case. informing them in advance would put everything out in the open but obviously, there are risks.
Pantaiema

pyke

Post by pyke » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:39 pm

that's quite true.. thanks pantaiema, that's a good point.

btw.... I was offering that as the reason why the company I work for doesn't have a website or listing in the yellow pages.

[quote="pantaiema"]

The main point here is that not because they simply don't consider it a worthwhile investment . It is not your company immigrate in the UK but it is you, isn't it ?.