ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-schedule: Life in the UK Test examination

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Smiggy

Re-schedule: Life in the UK Test examination

Post by Smiggy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi all.

If I book this test today, and then need to change the date somewhere down the line, how many times can this be done, and at what cost?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re-schedule: Life in the UK Test examination

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Phone your test centre where you booked the test and ask them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Phone your test centre where you booked the test and ask them.
I haven't booked it yet.

I wish to know if that option is available before, I book anything.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Probably, the test centre will be able to tell you. If not, you will have to pay each time you 're-book'.

Why not just book when you are ready to do the test? What is the point of delaying or rescheduling?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

CR001 wrote:Probably, the test centre will be able to tell you. If not, you will have to pay each time you 're-book'.

Why not just book when you are ready to do the test? What is the point of delaying or rescheduling?
I'd rather book it somewhat early, so by the time we're ready (me, and the wife) the next appointment won't too far away.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Appointments are not difficult to get and you can go to any test centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Smiggy wrote:If I book this test today, and then need to change the date somewhere down the line, how many times can this be done, and at what cost?
You can, with no additional cost so long as you reschedule before 7 days of the scheduled test date. I cancelled mine and re-booked a new test at a test centre closer to me when I took mine several years ago. I recall also rescheduling the date as well. So in all 2 changes, with a refund issued automatically on cancellation.

Details available on the website... https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/eass ... n#section2

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:17 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Smiggy wrote:If I book this test today, and then need to change the date somewhere down the line, how many times can this be done, and at what cost?
You can, with no additional cost so long as you reschedule before 7 days of the scheduled test date. I cancelled mine and re-booked a new test at a test centre closer to me when I took mine several years ago. I recall also rescheduling the date as well. So in all 2 changes, with a refund issued automatically on cancellation.

Details available on the website... https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/eass ... n#section2
Hi,

Thanks for this.

So, a re-booking a date is essentially a cancellation, and you get a refund.

Then you would simply book it again like you did the first time.

It's very unlikely, I'll have to re-arrange the location.

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi Smiggy

Here is the latest link where you will have all the required information.

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... in-uk-test

You have to create an account first and then by logging that account you can change the date as well.There will be no fee for changing the date if you will change the date atleast three days before the booking date.So once you will book the test and later on want to change the date then do this three days prior to booking date and you will be fine.Also fee will not be refunded if you will change the date three days prior to booking and same fee will be considered for new date/time.
I know few friends have changed the date atleast once or twice without paying anything extra but again three days before the booking date.
Hope it will help
Regards
Yas

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:26 pm

innovation2000 wrote:Hi Smiggy

Here is the latest link where you will have all the required information.

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... in-uk-test

You have to create an account first and then by logging that account you can change the date as well.There will be no fee for changing the date if you will change the date atleast three days before the booking date.So once you will book the test and later on want to change the date then do this three days prior to booking date and you will be fine.Also fee will not be refunded if you will change the date three days prior to booking and same fee will be considered for new date/time.
I know few friends have changed the date atleast once or twice without paying anything extra but again three days before the booking date.
Hope it will help
Regards
Yas
Hi,

Thanks. This really helps. I'm just a little confused about the bit in bold.

If I change the appointment date more than three days before the date of the examination, I'll be charged another £50?

I must cancel it exactly three days prior?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:17 am

Smiggy wrote:I'm just a little confused about the bit in bold.

If I change the appointment date more than three days before the date of the examination, I'll be charged another £50?

I must cancel it exactly three days prior?
I believe that was a mistake in quoting what's on the website. You should click on the link provided to get exact details.

If you did you will see...
Can I change the time and date of my test?

When booking your test, please think about any events which might affect you taking your test (for example, having a baby) and allow enough time.

You can change the time and date of your test up to 3 days before your test and you will not have to pay a charge.

If you change the time and date within 3 days of your test, you will have to book and pay for a new test time. We will not refund the fee for the old test.
Looks like they haven't brought down the old version of the booking website terms and conditions, so one still contains the old details. 7 days has now changed to 3, so it gives applicants more time to reschedule if they need to.

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:34 am

Hello again
In simply words create an account by clicking the link I've given above, book the test and if you want to change the test you can change the booking date free of charge provided you change it atleast three days before the confirmed booking.But if you will try to change the date one or two days before the test then you will lose fee.
It is very simple process to change the booking,simply logging your account and there is option to change the booking date/time.
If you have made one booking and want to change, fee will not be refunded and neither you need to pay a new fee,same fee will be used for this new booking.
Thanks
Regards