ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Sheffield interview

Post by mysteron69 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:50 am

After weeks of hearing nothing we received a letter today inviting us for an interview in Sheffield (we're in London).

In summary, my wife arrived on a fiancee visa back in April and after we got married in June we applied for the FLR(M) Cat A spouse visa.

I know we shouldn't worry as we have done everything by the book, but still.....What can we expect to be asked? Is there anything we should do to prepare?

mairyk10
United Kingdom

Re: Sheffield interview

Post by mairyk10 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:28 am

mysteron69 wrote:After weeks of hearing nothing we received a letter today inviting us for an interview in Sheffield (we're in London).

In summary, my wife arrived on a fiancee visa back in April and after we got married in June we applied for the FLR(M) Cat A spouse visa.

I know we shouldn't worry as we have done everything by the book, but still.....What can we expect to be asked? Is there anything we should do to prepare?

had interview in sheffield in May so prepare yourself from A to Z

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Apart from the usual When/why/where did you meet stuff, what else dod they ask? How long did it take?

mairyk10
United Kingdom

Post by mairyk10 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:02 pm

mysteron69 wrote:Apart from the usual When/why/where did you meet stuff, what else dod they ask? How long did it take?

the interview wil start from intro then immigration history then meeting with your spouse how and when and who were there any relatives, you work your spouse work place, you need to remember all important dates, and whether you both been anywhere together and if you hav send any pictures with you supporting documents i would advice you to go through each picture that who is in there and relation with you and your wife/husband ,, if you have children then they can ask you about their schol nursey or reception or children centre and their fav toys and where do you do shopping for kids and youself, your gp adress, your home address and how many bedrooms and how many people live there . almost everything. interview lasts for an hour. are you both invited for interview???

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi. Yes we both have to go. My wife arrived on a fiancee visa so loads of checks were done then. After we got married we applied for the spouse visa. Several weeks after our application we were asked for more evidence of cohabitation, so we sent what was requested. That was at the beginning of Aug, now we've received this letter about having to go to the interview. We have nothing to hide, but we're worried that because we're a same sex couple (fwmale) it's being held against us. We took professional advice before applying and were told our application should be straightforward because we meet all the criteria. We don't understand why this is happening.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 pm

mysteron69 wrote:We have nothing to hide, but we're worried that because we're a same sex couple (fwmale) it's being held against us.
No it isn't, that would be discrimination, which is illegal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 pm

CR001 wrote:No it isn't, that would be discrimination, which is illegal.
I know, we're just frightened. Would you know what our options might be if the visa is refused? My wife's fiancee visa ran out at the end of Aug. Would she have to return to her country immediately? We're just thinking of what our plan B might be.

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:16 am

Hi. We are permitted to take a legal representative with us for the interview. Has anybody done this? Is it recommended?

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Hello. If anyone has any experience of attending an interview for their spouse visa in Sheffield please let me know what happened and what the outcome was. To recap, my wife came over on a fiance visa and after we got married we applied for the FLR(M). If you have been in a similar position please share your story. Our interview is scheduled for 3rd October.

Susie73
Newly Registered

Post by Susie73 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi mysteron69,
Just wondering how you got on and if everything worked out for you? I am in a similar situation and I would like to pm you (if it's ok with you?) but don't know how.
My girlfriend and I are applying for fiancee visa and we are also worried about how all this works... would be great to talk to others in the same boat :-)
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Susie73 wrote:Hi mysteron69,
Just wondering how you got on and if everything worked out for you? I am in a similar situation and I would like to pm you (if it's ok with you?) but don't know how.
My girlfriend and I are applying for fiancee visa and we are also worried about how all this works... would be great to talk to others in the same boat :-)
Thanks
You don't have access to the PM function as you are a new member.

Not all applicants/spouses for the settlement visa get interviewed.

Suggest if you have questions regarding the visa for your fiance (other than visit visa) start your own topic.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1397764
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Susie73 wrote:Hi mysteron69,
Thanks
Member in question is busy and not been back for over 2 months.

Talk in public in this 'public discussion forum' so all may benefit, contribute, validate.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.