ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Affidavit of Support I-864

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rue14
Newly Registered

Help with Affidavit of Support I-864

Post by rue14 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm a US citizen married to a UKC living in the UK for the last 3 1/2 years. We have started the process of immigrating back; filed petition for him, got approved and are now gathering documentation.

Question regarding Affidavit: My income does not meet poverty guidelines. Can I include my spouse's income? Obviously, once immigrated he will no longer be working at his current job.

Also, I am using my sister as the joint sponsor and her income is well above the guidelines. Am I over stressing?

Thanks for any help!

khan24

Hi

Post by khan24 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 pm

If your income is not enough and you're adding yr sister as a joint sponsor (her income is well above the Poverty guidelines) .. you don't need anyOne else,just add yr sister as a joint sponsor.

note that the sponsor’s place of residence must be in the United States in order to be eligible as a financial sponsor. If the sponsor lives outside the U.S., he or she can meet this requirement by showing steps taken to return to the U.S. and make it his or her residence as soon as the immigrant enters. Such steps might include finding U.S. employment, locating a place to live, and registering children in U.S. schools. The sponsor should also demonstrate having made arrangements to give up his or her residence outside the United States.

Skipprcat
Newly Registered

Re: Help with Affidavit of Support I-864

Post by Skipprcat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:51 am

I'm also concerned about this. We are looking to move to the US but I (the spouse and sponsor) have lived in the UK for 22 years. Do they count my current uk salary as evidence that I can support my spouse? Obviously I'll have to leave my UK job to be able to move to the US. We will have the proceeds of the sale of our house as well but that won't amount to huge amounts.

What was your experience like? Did you get approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with Affidavit of Support I-864

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:24 pm

The original poster has only ever posted once, back in 2013. Please post in your own topic rather than digging up old threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.