ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer but want to apply for EEA unmarried

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Overstayer but want to apply for EEA unmarried

Post by Isaac90 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I need an advice please

I have been in uk for almost 13years illegally, came here on visitor visa, I was 16yrs old at the time.

To cut the long story short, i have work, went to college and university during my time here.

I am planning to apply for EEA unmarried with my german girlfriend, we started dating almost 4 and half ago but we move in late last year together

Can anyway please advice what is my chance of having a successful application.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Overstayer but want to apply for EEA unmarried

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Extremely slim to zero.

You need documented evidence of 2 years living together proving a durable relationship 'akin to marriage' .

This would include joint finances, both names on a tenancy agreement, shared utility bills etc. Anything less than 24 months and the application as unmarried partners will fail.

Are the Home Office aware that you are here?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac90 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Casa wrote: Are the Home Office aware that you are here?
Thanks Casa for your response and honesty

I guess they will be aware when i made the application, because i am using the same details for my visitor visa for the EEA application

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:08 pm

I which case you need to consider whether to submit a very weak application which will put you at risk of removal.

Why not return to your home country, marry there and apply for a Family Permit under EEA Regulations?

You fall well short of the 24 months co-habitation, which is mandatory for unmarried partners.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac90 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Casa wrote:Extremely slim to zero.

You need documented evidence of 2 years living together proving a durable relationship 'akin to marriage' .

This would include joint finances, both names on a tenancy agreement, shared utility bills etc. Anything less than 24 months and the application as unmarried partners will fail.
is it Extremely slim to zero regardless of the evidence?

we have emails exchanges btw us and photos + activities we do together which span over 4years + almost 1 year of we're living together (we're just lucky we keep all this) will they help?

is the problem more of me overstaying and working crime?

Thanks again for your time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Isaac90 wrote:is it Extremely slim to zero regardless of the evidence?

we have emails exchanges btw us and photos + activities we do together which span over 4years + almost 1 year of we're living together (we're just lucky we keep all this) will they help?

is the problem more of me overstaying and working crime?

Thanks again for your time.
2 years of living akin to marriage is required; knowing each other as gf/bf doesn't count in this context.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac90 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Casa wrote: Why not return to your home country, marry there and apply for a Family Permit under EEA Regulations?
Thanks Casa and noajthan

Please on this route, what did i need to have in mind and which document etc

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Read through this link and come back with any questions.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview
(Casa, not CR001)