ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalistion Refused on a Good character requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmc

Naturalistion Refused on a Good character requirement

Post by mmc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:55 am

Hello all,

Received letter this morning that my application has been refused.

In 2007 I was stopped by Immigration and questioned about working in the UK, I said yes I am working full time in summers, but long story short I had to fight with HO and I won my case in 2008 at that time I have had valid LTR as a student. I also clearly mentioned in my application form that I was working with xyz company on a part time basis.

Reason... You mislead the Govt Dept by working full time, so the Secretary of state is not satisfied and refused your application. Any application on the 30th of Sept 2017 or before will unlikely be accepted.

I am very disappointed at this stage, cos I won my case in 2008 through court, how can the caseworker refuse me by not seeing how productive I am! I am contributing alot with this economy, I may move my business from here to the US, as I don't see bright future in this country any more! :?

Regards
MMC
MMC

noajthan

Re: Naturalistion Refused on a Good character requirement

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:11 pm

mmc wrote:Hello all,

In 2007 I was stopped by Immigration and questioned about working in the UK, I said yes I am working full time in summers, but long story short I had to fight with HO and I won my case in 2008 at that time I have had valid LTR as a student. I also clearly mentioned in my application form that I was working with xyz company on a part time basis.

Reason... You mislead the Govt Dept by working full time, so the Secretary of state is not satisfied and refused your application. Any application on the 30th of Sept 2017 or before will unlikely be accepted.

I am very disappointed at this stage, cos I won my case in 2008 through court, how can the caseworker refuse me by not seeing how productive I am! I am contributing alot with this economy, I may move my business from here to the US, as I don't see bright future in this country any more! :?

Regards
MMC
Two things going on here:
1) were you complying with visa requirement at the time?

2) did you submit accurate information in the recent application covering your employment history?
- if not this is where a deception charge can appear regardless of whether you actually broke immigration rules or not.

Your contribution to economy (however valuable) does not figure in this equation.
It is quite possible to become a citizen with zero economic activity.
And any economic activity contributing to UK plc does not outweigh factors such as deception or breach of visa conditions.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mmc

Post by mmc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Two things going on here:
1) were you complying with visa requirement at the time?

Yes, I was full time student and only was doing full time perm job in summers time to get some experience, which I resigned later.

2) did you submit accurate information in the recent application covering your employment history?
- if not this is where a deception charge can appear regardless of whether you actually broke immigration rules or not.
Yes, I have submitted accurate information in the application form, ie any employment full/part time in 2006/07. Since I clearly mentioned odd jobs in 2006 and then 2007.

Like I said I won the case later in 2008! I still have the senior judge determination against the HO.
MMC

mmc

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by mmc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Hello all,

Regards
MMC
MMC

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Why are you posting same question all over the place.

No need for multiple posts.

Posts merged.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:55 pm

In 2007 I was stopped by Immigration and questioned about working in the UK, I said yes I am working full time in summers,

Were you stopped on the airport?
Did you have to leave the UK from the airport?
Why were you stopped - as in, did your Visa restricted you from working full time?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:00 pm

harshitguptaiitr wrote:Why were you stopped - as in, did your Visa restricted you from working full time?
OP has clearly mentioned they were on a student visa which has work restrictions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmc

Post by mmc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:36 pm

harshitguptaiitr wrote:

In 2007 I was stopped by Immigration and questioned about working in the UK, I said yes I am working full time in summers,

Were you stopped on the airport?
Did you have to leave the UK from the airport?
Why were you stopped - as in, did your Visa restricted you from working full time?

Yes, I was stopped at the airport and IO start asking questions and she asked am I working, I said yes and then she started where/why/how etc. I said I am working in summers full time in xyz company to gain some experience.

I have had valid leave to remain at the airport.

Yes, visa restrictions were 20 hours in term time and full time in summers. From there onward fight started with HO and I won the fight in the 2008 and still had leave to remain.

Since I won the case then it should be a cause to refuse my application, it means the HO didn't respect the court decision and the caseworker blindly refused my application! These blind caseworkers should be sacked. If they were sensible people then matters would have been forwarded to the court system, using tax payers money!
MMC

mmc

Post by mmc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
harshitguptaiitr wrote:Why were you stopped - as in, did your Visa restricted you from working full time?
OP has clearly mentioned they were on a student visa which has work restrictions.

Yes, I was on a student visa and was allowed to work for 20 hours, I clearly mentioned any employment Full/part time. How can this caseworker idiot refuse my application by giving 'Good character requirement'. I wish I could take this blody caseworker to the court.

I have paid more than £1300 for this application, it wasn't for free.

Very sad and disappointed today with blind decision. Again blind Govt will have blind staff!
MMC

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:59 pm

mmc wrote:Reason... You mislead the Govt Dept by working full time, so the Secretary of state is not satisfied and refused your application. Any application on the 30th of Sept 2017 or before will unlikely be accepted.
The caseworker appeared to have ignored your successful appeal and misled him/herself.

Apply for a reconsideration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mmc

Post by mmc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:44 am

Yes, that's the only option to apply for reconsideration. I still have my appeal determination and I am sure the HO will have a copy of it!

The case worker said, that you worked for company A in 2006 and company B in 2007, this constitute that you mislead the Govt Dept.

I had right to work 20 hours in term time and full time in vocations.

I may get a letter from those companies who I worked for on part time basis, but most of them don't exist now.
Also have a highly level of security clearance in this country, security clearance with the Home Office/Ministry of Defense, Ministry of justice. I do provide services to these departments.
I can attach these security clearances with my reconsideration form.

Your comments are really appreciated and pathway.

Regards
MMC
MMC

katabokata
Newly Registered

Post by katabokata » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Any success MMC

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:19 pm

Reconsiderations can take up to a year or so.