ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous employer letter - is this correct?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

svasu

Previous employer letter - is this correct?

Post by svasu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi All,

I am preparing to apply for ILR soon on the basis of completing 5 years under Tier 2 General. I have prepared the following draft letter detailing my absences to be certified by my previous employer and I would be grateful if you can let me know if this is acceptable? I have not included outbound and inbound days, is this ok?

Dear Sir / Madam

Subject: Absences from the UK - Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK

SOC: XXXX

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXXX was a full time employee of XXXX from XX June 2010 to XX July 2014 as XXXX (started employment under Post Study Work visa and subsequently sponsored by the company for Tier 2 General visa under SOC code: XX on XX August 2011).

During his employment he was required by the company to travel on business assignment. While abroad on business trip as well as on his annual paid holidays which runs from January to December, he was still on UK payroll, paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.

Annual Holiday Allowance: 25 working days + bank holidays.

Please see below details of every trip XXXX has made during his employment since granting his Tier 2 General visa on XXXXX.

Outbound Inbound Destination Purpose calendar working
days days
XX/XX/2011 XX/XX/2011 XXXXX Annual Leave 35 25
xx/XX/2011 XX/XX/2011 XXXXX Annual Leave 6 3
xx/xx/2012 xx/xx/2012 XXXXX Annual Leave 24 14
xx/xx/2012 xx/xx/2012 XXXXX Annual Leave 6 4
xx/xx/2013 xx/xx/2013 XXXXX Business 1 1
xx/xx/2013 xx/xx/2013 XXXXX Annual Leave 30 17

Summary of days outside of the UK:

Year calendar working
days days
1 Aug 2011 to 31 July 2012 65 42