ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checklist for NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alfred Boyle

Checklist for NCS appointment

Post by Alfred Boyle » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 pm

I've got my NCS JCAP appointment next week 28Sep2016. Following are the documents I'm planning to produce,
1.All original passports
2. ILR BRP Card
3. Life in UK pass letter original
4. B1 CEFR certificate for Grade 5 in Trinity College original
5. P60 Forms eCopy - last 3 years
5. Bank Statements last 6 months
6. Council Tax Statement for this fiscal year
7. ePayslips for last 3 months
8. Form AN filled
9. Photos 6 nos
10. Tenancy Agreement for my current address
11. Filled Passport application form
12. Payment slip filled for HO fee

Could you please confirm the below,

a. If all the documents mentioned above enough or am I missing any other in the list to take it with me for the appointment?
b. Do I need to take photocopies of these or will NCS guys do that during the appointment?
c. Do I need to carry any prepaid envelopes? If so, how many including the passport application?
d. I wish to apply for 48 page passport - what fee do I need to fill in the form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Checklist for NCS appointment

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Alfred Boyle wrote:I've got my NCS JCAP appointment next week 28Sep2016. Following are the documents I'm planning to produce,
1.All original passports
2. ILR BRP Card
5. P60 Forms eCopy - last 3 years
5. Bank Statements last 6 months Not needed
6. Council Tax Statement for this fiscal year Not needed
7. ePayslips for last 3 months Might be needed not sure
8. Form AN filled
9. Photos 6 nos Why 6 photos???
10. Tenancy Agreement for my current address Not needed
12. Payment slip filled for HO fee Is this for passport or the citizenship app??

a. If all the documents mentioned above enough or am I missing any other in the list to take it with me for the appointment?
b. Do I need to take photocopies of these or will NCS guys do that during the appointment?
c. Do I need to carry any prepaid envelopes? If so, how many including the passport application?
d. I wish to apply for 48 page passport - what fee do I need to fill in the form?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Payment slip for this AN form. For Passport, the application itself has page that has payment details.
Could you please confirm on my other questions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:17 pm

For Passport, the application itself has page that has payment details.
No it doesn't. It is the last page in the guidance booklet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Alfred Boyle wrote:I've got my NCS JCAP appointment next week 28Sep2016. Following are the documents I'm planning to produce,
1.All original passports
2. ILR BRP Card
5. P60 Forms eCopy - last 3 years Is it really required to submit P60 ?
5. Bank Statements last 6 months
6. Council Tax Statement for this fiscal year
7. ePayslips for last 3 months
8. Form AN filled
9. Photos 6 nos
10. Tenancy Agreement for my current address
12. Payment slip filled for HO fee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:42 pm

haiksuresh wrote:5. P60 Forms eCopy - last 3 years Is it really required to submit P60 ?
I believe proof of NI is required, P60s is the best for this. Also depends on the immigration route a person has taken.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:27 pm

From the AN Guide:
1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

There is a choice of documents acceptable - I included a letter from my employer (the usual reference type format.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Why are you supplying 3 years of payslips? If it is to prove residence (non EEA) are you applying as the spouse of a BC?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:28 pm

alterhase58 wrote:From the AN Guide:
1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

There is a choice of documents acceptable - I included a letter from my employer (the usual reference type format.
Yeah I am also confused about this as guidance says one thing but the form itself at the end doesn't mention any requirement for P60s etc unless self employed. They should be able to check your PAYE record via NI number you'd think and esp when ILR process already checks all this?!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:34 pm

cyborg001 wrote:

Yeah I am also confused about this as guidance says one thing but the form itself at the end doesn't mention any requirement for P60s etc unless self employed. They should be able to check your PAYE record via NI number you'd think and esp when ILR process already checks all this?!
Naturalisation is not a visa and just because someone has ILR doesn't mean they will be waved through and rubber-stamped for privilege of citizenship.

It is applicant's responsibility to provide evidence to back their case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I got a letter for my NCS appointment and it does mention to bring P60 if you're self employed. They said it show passports to provide evidence of residence here. Anyway, I am taking all documents with me for my appointment and let you know guys what they exactly accepted.

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Noetic wrote:Why are you supplying 3 years of payslips? If it is to prove residence (non EEA) are you applying as the spouse of a BC?
I'm taking last 3 years P60, not payslips. and I am not spouse of BC. I got ILR based on 5 year Tier 2 visa.

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:48 pm

finished my NCS appointment today. Documents needed if you're employed

1. All Passports (to support 5 year residence)
2. BRP
3. LIUK
4. English Language requirement
5. 3 photos (including Passport)

P60 is required if you're self employed.

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Alfred Boyle wrote:finished my NCS appointment today. Documents needed if you're employed

2. BRP
3. LIUK

Hi
have you submitted any P60 or payslips..??
Last edited by jpat2002 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Alfred Boyle wrote:
I do apologise for writing in your topic but P60 can't be produced by a self-employed individual as P60 is a document given to people who work under the PAYE (Pay As You Earn) scheme which is a form of employment.

Your local NCS office got this one wrong, I'm afraid :(

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 pm

noajthan wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:

Naturalisation is not a visa and just because someone has ILR doesn't mean they will be waved through and rubber-stamped for privilege of citizenship.

Noajithan, you're quite the 'know it all' condescending sorts aren't you given your recent tirades and jibes annoying some folk? I never said it a rubber stamp right. I know it's a privilege and one I pay a huge fees for. If it's a privilege then they should not be making ££ from it like many other nations. The fact that rich people can fast track implies it's a business to an extent.

And what's the point of connected government agencies if they can't work together to join up and access information centrally? Also isn't it UKVI who does both visa and citizenship application based on some written down guidance rules or does the home secretary personally bestow this honour upon us?

Please...don't think we are idiots here and don't comment for the sake of commenting even if you're a moderator!

Have a good day!

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:08 pm

jpat2002 wrote:
Alfred Boyle wrote:finished my NCS appointment today. Documents needed if you're employed

2. BRP
3. LIUK

Hi
have you submitted any P60 or payslips..??
No

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:11 pm

dapto10 wrote:
Alfred Boyle wrote:
I do apologise for writing in your topic but P60 can't be produced by a self-employed individual as P60 is a document given to people who work under the PAYE (Pay As You Earn) scheme which is a form of employment.

Your local NCS office got this one wrong, I'm afraid :(
Yeah, sorry - I meant to say the tax evidence for your company or business, whatever they call :-)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:21 pm

cyborg001 wrote:
noajthan wrote:Naturalisation is not a visa and just because someone has ILR doesn't mean they will be waved through and rubber-stamped for privilege of citizenship.

Noajithan, you're quite the 'know it all' condescending sorts aren't you given your recent tirades and jibes annoying some folk? I never said it a rubber stamp right. I know it's a privilege and one I pay a huge fees for. If it's a privilege then they should not be making ££ from it like many other nations. The fact that rich people can fast track implies it's a business to an extent.

And what's the point of connected government agencies if they can't work together to join up and access information centrally? Also isn't it UKVI who does both visa and citizenship application based on some written down guidance rules or does the home secretary personally bestow this honour upon us?

Please...don't think we are idiots here and don't comment for the sake of commenting even if you're a moderator!

Have a good day!
I have never accused anyone of mentioning the phrase "rubber-stamp". And would never do so.

Failing to plan is planning to fail. And that includes a sloppy application with wishy-washy evidence.
The advice to take nothing for granted holds good, based on experience.

The fee is just a contribution for the processing.
You are buying nothing tangible with your coin. It doesn't work that way here.
And my understanding is that HO operating costs are not yet covered in full by such fees.

In the real world, despite 400 or 500 years of British civil service and public administration, the system is still Kafkaesque, inefficient and, frankly, broken.

Don't you get it, the point is there is no point. We are not masters of the Universe.

That is why it is unreasonable to think 'they' will work in any kind of joined-up way, and certainly not 'for you';
with left-hand knowing what right-hand is doing - that'll be the day.

I can recognise and embrace that - and live with it.
I'm sure many who are not burdened with moderation (as I am) may recognise it as well.
For the sake of your faux indignation and blood pressure I suggest you do too.

And here's the thing, with all its faults and appalling climate, this is still a country where folks are free to comment on a public internet discussion forum without another's say so. The clue is in the name.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sajgil5

Post by sajgil5 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:32 am

2. BRP
3. LIUK

Hi Alfred

thanks for updating even after you applied

so is that all they asked for ?

am director so am guessing i might need additional docs but apart from the 5 items u listed they dint want anything else ?

do they photocopy and give u all originals back ?

Regards

Alfred Boyle

Post by Alfred Boyle » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:33 am

sajgil5 wrote:

2. BRP
3. LIUK

Hi Alfred

thanks for updating even after you applied

so is that all they asked for ?

YES

am director so am guessing i might need additional docs but apart from the 5 items u listed they dint want anything else ?

IF YOU'RE SELF EMPLOYED, YOU NEED TO SHOW THE TAX EVIDENCE FOR THE LATEST COUPLE OF YEARS.

do they photocopy and give u all originals back ?

I GOT BACK ALL ORIGINALS EXCEPT LIUK CERTIFICATE. HOME OFFICE NEED ORIGINAL LIUK TEST CERTIFICATE IT SEEMS.

Regards