ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Allocation Rejected Urgent : Tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vishal59
Newly Registered

COS Allocation Rejected Urgent : Tier2

Post by Vishal59 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:45 pm

Dear Friends,

I am on tier 4 general student visa which is expiring on the 30th of September 2016.
I have joined a company in July which promised me to file my work visa.
They had a sponsorship licence and also they filled a work visa for an employee in January.
After I joined the company the HR who was sorting the visa stuff went on holidays. When she came back we went to the Sms portal to generate the Cos.
When we filled in all the details and clicked on the submit button unfortunately we found that the Cos allocation is zero.
We called the visa office.
They asked us to apply for renewal of Cos allocation via SMS portal and so we did.
We waited for couple of weeks and called them back and they asked us to send an email to the priority service.
We sent that email and after few days we received a rejection letter as below.

--------

Please find the reply from uk visa office below :

REQUEST FOR RENEWAL OF ANNUAL ALLOCATION OF CERTIFICATES OF SPONSORSHIP.
Thank you for your request to renew your annual allocation of certificates of sponsorship (CoS) in Tier 2 (General).
Your Decision and Allocation
We have not approved your request for an annual allocation of 1 CoS in Tier 2 (General) as you have not provided sufficient evidence and details to make an informed decision regarding a genuine need for CoS. Should you require additional CoS within the next/current allocation year, please submit a request for an Additional Allocation of CoS via the Sponsor Management System (SMS). Please ensure you fully justify the need for CoS and include details of any migrants where possible including; name, nationality, date of birth and passport number.
Before submitting a new allocation request, you should familiarise yourself with the published guidance for sponsors which can be found by accessing our website: https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration
A range of SMS user guides are also available from our website, at:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... employers- and-educators
-------------------

Now when I have contacted a solicitor they are advising as below :

As you may already be aware, the annual allocation takes places in April each year so your company will have missed the bulk renewal but there is nothing to stop you/them from requesting ad hoc increases to allocations of COS (presumably we’re looking at unrestricted COS), and can be expedited if leave due to expire within 15 days.

My student visa is expiring in 30 days.
I have a offer letter from a Uk University for another PG course and I am thinking I should take the CAS certificate from the university to extend my tier 4 visa and then once the company got the Cos sorted I will move on the tier2 work visa.
I have completed a PG course from UK already and registering for one more just to extend the visa.
Is it possible to move from tier4 to tier2 in the middle of the course?
Which application needs to be submitted by the company to generate the COs for me?
Please provide if you have any sample justification templates for COS application.
Do the company needs to do labour market test ?
Also please provide if you have templates for tier4 student visa extension.
Your advice will be of a great help.

Many thanks for your advise.

gwen3
Newly Registered

Re: COS Allocation Rejected Urgent : Tier2

Post by gwen3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Hello Vishal,

Just wondering if you have been grated a COS? I am in the same boat as you.

Regards,
G