ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

inoka
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by inoka » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi all,
I received an email today (Saturday) informing my interview details.
It's going to be in London on 29th Sep. Has anyone else waiting for interviews received similar emails?

shiv_singh
Newly Registered

Post by shiv_singh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:09 pm

All the best.... keep us informed about the outcome of the interview.

Be prepared, specially around your income and client details specially if you are self employed. Try and have answers ready for any potential issues with your application.... example amendments or income mismatch with HMRC.

Rest should be fine.

awaskara1
Newly Registered

Post by awaskara1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi inoka

i am in the same situation can you share me your time scale please

thanks

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 am

winnter_summer wrote:
Aditi12 wrote:
winnter_summer wrote:Hi @Inoka and @adit, Any update on your applications. I am still waiting. Been to the interview two months ago. still waiting.
Winter summer

No it will b 3 months next week still waitin for the next letter for the date time and location
Over all 8 months !

@inoka you also waiting for the 3rd letter isn't it ?
Why don't you two ring the customer services and ask. Three months without an interview date is not acceptable. when did you both applied?

Finally got the date for the interview in October ... seems like the ho is back to work ! Hve you heard anything yet winter summer

strada

Post by strada » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi All,
Below is my timeline
Feb 29 2016 - Postal application sent
March 10, 2016 – Biometric done 16th
Since then I haven’t heard anything form the HO.
Since now 6 months 3 weeks and I called them last week. They said it’s still being processed and they cannot give me a definite date, that if applications goes beyond the 6 months period, they can’t give a time frame.

Am really worried now. Don’t know what else to do.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:46 pm

strada wrote:Hi All,
Below is my timeline
Feb 29 2016 - Postal application sent
March 10, 2016 – Biometric done 16th
Since then I haven’t heard anything form the HO.
Since now 6 months 3 weeks and I called them last week. They said it’s still being processed and they cannot give me a definite date, that if applications goes beyond the 6 months period, they can’t give a time frame.

Am really worried now. Don’t know what else to do.

Hi Strada,

m also in the same situation. i also applied on 22nd feb and haven't received any thing further.

did you had amendments and are you self employed during ILR application?

strada

Post by strada » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:52 pm

My income was both salary and self-employed. I did my amendment in December and HMRC confirmed in march it has been amended.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 pm

strada wrote:My income was both salary and self-employed. I did my amendment in December and HMRC confirmed in march it has been amended.

I've also did the same! Did you send the amended sa302 to Ho later? And wats the amount you paid for amendment

winnter_summer
Newly Registered

Post by winnter_summer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 am

Finally got the date for the interview in October ... seems like the ho is back to work ! Hve you heard anything yet winter summer[/quote][/quote]

No news yet. Waiting. Good luck for the interview. prepare well. It is a 40-45 mins interview.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:15 am

winnter_summer wrote:Finally got the date for the interview in October ... seems like the ho is back to work ! Hve you heard anything yet winter summer
[/quote]

No news yet. Waiting. Good luck for the interview. prepare well. It is a 40-45 mins interview.[/quote]

Thanks Winter summer . I will hopefully come out victorious like you lot too :-D

strada

Post by strada » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:13 am

ILR2015-2016 wrote:
strada wrote:My income was both salary and self-employed. I did my amendment in December and HMRC confirmed in march it has been amended.

I've also did the same! Did you send the amended sa302 to Ho later? And wats the amount you paid for amendment

No I didn't send sa302, as I believe they will do a check themselves. Am also paying install mentally for the Tax with HMRC

Have you tried to call HO and did you use a lawyer?

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:52 am

strada wrote:
ILR2015-2016 wrote:

No I didn't send sa302, as I believe they will do a check themselves. Am also paying install mentally for the Tax with HMRC

Have you tried to call HO and did you use a lawyer?

I did tried calling them couple of times however they just replied saying its under process.
i had to pay amendment amount £1500 and also I've sent my amended sa302 . how much you are paying for your amendment and what is your threshold? mine is 35k

strada

Post by strada » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 pm

My amendment is about 5k and Threshold 40k. It's sad that there is nothing we can do even though the HO said these applications normally take 6 months, and if there is a problem they will let us know, it's strange that they are not saying anything. I think we both has done our due diligence, maybe the HO are awaiting confirmation or have a lot of application to deal with.
I guess we just have to remain prayerful.

Ahshikh
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications

Post by Ahshikh » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Hello guys.

It is an urgent inquiry and I would really appreciate if you guys help me out with this.

I entered UK in October 2006 as a student. I applied for an entraprenuer visa on December 2013 after which my application got rejected. I was given the right of appeal so I appealed against the decision of the HO. My initial appeal was rejected after which I appealed to the upper tribunal. I even got a rejection from the upper tribunal. On july 2015 I applied again for T1 on a invested category, got a rejection with no right of appeal, just an admin review. The admin review was rejected so my solicitor advised me to apply for judicial review which subsequently got rejected in march 2016 after which I applied for FLFP. My 10 years has been completed but I am confused whether to apply for ILR on 10 years route or not. I would really appreciate if someone help me out in this case. Thank you very much.

regards
Ahmad

strada

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by strada » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:55 am

Hi All,

It’s been a bit quiet here, does anyone waiting for over 6 months postal application have an update from the HO? This can help in calming the anxiety

kiranv5

Post by kiranv5 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:39 am

HI Strada,

I have applied in oct 22nd'2015. Had my interview on May'05th.
Still Awaiting decision, I have called few times..I always receive the same old answer it's in process.
As far as we are in the system we are fine.. It frustating some times still can't do much ...
The ball is in their court....Only thing is we can't go back now... :D :evil: :lol: :roll: :P

strada

Post by strada » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:10 pm

kiranv5 wrote:HI Strada,

I have applied in oct 22nd'2015. Had my interview on May'05th.
Still Awaiting decision, I have called few times..I always receive the same old answer it's in process.
As far as we are in the system we are fine.. It frustating some times still can't do much ...
The ball is in their court....Only thing is we can't go back now... :D :evil: :lol: :roll: :P
Hi Kiran,

Whao, so by october your application would be clocking a year with them. This is so unfair, I wonder what they are checking that is making the process so long for some. Can you give me a few details pls.

1 .Are you employed, self employed or both?
2. Did you do tax ammendment before submitting
3. Did you submit any Tax form from HMRC.

Thanks

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi All,

I've finally received BRP cards today (29/09/2016). The detailed timeline is as follows.

Tier 2 5 years route, 3 dependants

posted the application - 09/04/2016
arrived in HO - 11/04/2016
biometric done - 26/04/2016
tried to switch to premium service in July - rejected
received an approval letter with documents - 28/09/2016 (dated 27/09/2016)
BRP card arrived - 29/09/2016

no acknowledge letter or emails at all.

It was long waiting but finally got it so very relieved now. Hope you guys have good news soon!

kiranv5

Post by kiranv5 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:23 pm

HI Strada,

Yeah its one year...

I am Employed and self employed.
No Amendments.
5 years p60/SA302 ..

Thanks
Kiran

strada

Post by strada » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:44 pm

shark118 wrote:Hi All,

I've finally received BRP cards today (29/09/2016). The detailed timeline is as follows.

Tier 2 5 years route, 3 dependants

posted the application - 09/04/2016
arrived in HO - 11/04/2016
biometric done - 26/04/2016
tried to switch to premium service in July - rejected
received an approval letter with documents - 28/09/2016 (dated 27/09/2016)
BRP card arrived - 29/09/2016

no acknowledge letter or emails at all.

Congratulations to you, I can imagine the anxiety. Hopefully, we hear good news on our side soon as well been waiting now 7 months +
It was long waiting but finally got it so very relieved now. Hope you guys have good news soon!

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 am

This is unbelievable. 6 months waiting even after interview. They're so unfair. Taking fee of a highest level. These fees do not match or come closer to any same sort of service in the UK or Europe. Whereas the service level and delays also not this poor in anything else. Is their any body in the UK who could look at this. Can anyone not take notice. Are these caseworkers free to do whatever they want to. Can we complain to ombudsman? Coz I think that's where one should complain if a department is dealing unfairly. Is there any way all effected people could get together and act jointly? Honestly we should come out againt this. Otherwise they'll never stop. This is emotional blackmailing. They know we came from various countries. They know we have families back home who may need us anytime in emergencies. But they don't bother and keep passports for months and years and if you need it for emergency travel then too they take several days to return and also your application is considered as withdrawn. Means your clock has stopped. Now get new visa from your country. And if your parents decide to visit you here, they are just taking visa fee and handing over refusals to them too. Even those being refused who have previously visited UK for four to five times and always left coutry on time without doing anything illegal. Also they have removed right of appeal for them. Means they're decision makers and they are acting like courts themselves with ARs only.

People argue that this is their coutry. I understand this is their country. But according to economic policies of their own country, they introduced us their points based migration program and we fulfilled their criteria. We have sold properties back home to settle here. We paid fees which are nowhere in other departments for any services. We didn't enter this country through hidden route. We came through proper chanel exactly as they wanted us to. We paid our role which they expected. We didn't take a penny from benefits as they wanted. We were not criminals so have clear records. We paid massive taxes to meet their requirements. What else now?

Waiting, waiting and waiting? They're just looters. Their forefathers looted us by entering in the name of trade. Now they enter only in oil rich countries along with their alliances. But since they found we can be used as cheap labour for their economy, they initiated programs for us. They have used us well. Now the message is simple. "You have paid taxes and fee. Thankyou! But now leave"

We should get together to stop this. Unfortunately all of us want others to go out for our rights. But we must understand that we should do it for ourselves and for our children. And we must do NOW. A thousand people should go outside parliament, once or twice, to raise this unjust. Their justice system is not bad. But we have to come out with louder voice to tell the media that we are also human beings but are being treated very badly. Please come out. We should discuss this to initiate a campaign. Please!
lets get together for migrants' rights

miraj4u
Newly Registered

Post by miraj4u » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:18 am

inoka wrote:Hi all,
It's going to be in London on 29th Sep. Has anyone else waiting for interviews received similar emails?

Hi Inoka,

I have received emails and interview will be after 2 weeks, Can you please share your interview experience.

Hope all went fine for you.

Could you tell me how long it was and how was it conducted?

Thanks mate

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:57 am

miraj4u wrote:
inoka wrote:Hi all,

Hi Inoka,

I have received emails and interview will be after 2 weeks, Can you please share your interview experience.

Hope all went fine for you.

Could you tell me how long it was and how was it conducted?

Thanks mate

Hi Miraj,
When did you apply for ILR ? Please can you share your time line such as when did you receive your 1st letter for interview invitation? And how long did it take to get another letter for date and interview time? Did you had any tax amendments?

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Titou25 wrote:
devi2211 wrote:Hi Titou25,

I have applied on 25 April and submitted bio metrics on 20th May and waiting,..

Thanks
Devi
I have applied on 22 and still waiting :(

Hi Titou25,

Any update on your application?
As I have received a letter today from UKVI saying that they need some more time to process my appliaction.

Thanks

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi all,

I applied for my ILR based on Ancestry on May20th, done my biometrics 2 weeks later and now I've done nothing but wait :(

On Monday I decided to upgrade to premium and received an email saying I am provisionally accepted for an upgrade but have hear nothing since. How long is the general wait to find out? I'm getting so impatient I just want this all over and done with now!