ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noajthan

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Betty1915 wrote:
noajthan wrote:You may have acquired the holy grail of PR as early as 2014 if you had a Union citizen sponsor (parent?) in UK who was a qualified person.

If you are sponsored then your activity in UK is immaterial; (no need for CSI etc etc).

If under 21 at the time you were still a minor (under EU law) so no proof of financial dependency required.

Yes, free movement really is that free and easy.

Thank you for your response.
I am also a little bit confused with the word sponsor. Does this mean that it was the person who took care of me financially? I have undertook my GCSEs and A-Levels in England and throughout those 4 years my parents took care of me. After that, since I am a home based student I got my finances from Student Finance England and my parents had no contribution throughout the Uni years. Also, can I ask what does CSI stands for?

Again, I really appreciate your help.
Yes, your parent is your sponsor in this context of EU migration.
But at under age 21 you don't need to show financial dependency; just show your relationship to the person, who has to have been a qualified person (ie exercising treaty rights) in UK.
If you lived in UK on that basis at same time as they did (not necessarily co-habiting) then you will have acquired PR via that sponsor.
As a dependent, what you were doing doesn't really matter.
How cool is that.

If no subsequent prolonged absences then you still have PR.
You just need to apply for the card confirming PR.

CSI = comprehensive sickness insurance.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Betty1915
Newly Registered

Post by Betty1915 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:29 pm

noajthan wrote:
Betty1915 wrote:
noajthan wrote:You may have acquired the holy grail of PR as early as 2014 if you had a Union citizen sponsor (parent?) in UK who was a qualified person.

If you are sponsored then your activity in UK is immaterial; (no need for CSI etc etc).

If under 21 at the time you were still a minor (under EU law) so no proof of financial dependency required.

Yes, free movement really is that free and easy.

Thank you for your response.
I am also a little bit confused with the word sponsor. Does this mean that it was the person who took care of me financially? I have undertook my GCSEs and A-Levels in England and throughout those 4 years my parents took care of me. After that, since I am a home based student I got my finances from Student Finance England and my parents had no contribution throughout the Uni years. Also, can I ask what does CSI stands for?

Again, I really appreciate your help.
Yes, your parent is your sponsor in this context of EU migration.
But at under age 21 you don't need to show financial dependency; just show your relationship to the person, who has to have been a qualified person (ie exercising treaty rights) in UK.
If you lived in UK on that basis at same time as they did (not necessarily co-habiting) then you will have acquired PR via that sponsor.
As a dependent, what you were doing doesn't really matter.
How cool is that.

If no subsequent prolonged absences then you still have PR.
You just need to apply for the card confirming PR.

CSI = comprehensive sickness insurance.

oh alright I understand now.

Another confusing bit is what do they mean when they used the term 'continuous' in the sentence : 'must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years ' ?

Thank you ever so much for your kind help.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Betty1915 wrote:oh alright I understand now.

Another confusing bit is what do they mean when they used the term 'continuous' in the sentence : 'must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years ' ?

Thank you ever so much for your kind help.
It means without a break, that is over a joined-up or uninterrupted period.
(Except that you are permitted to have brief breaks from UK, for example to escape the weather and for certain other reasons).

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:04 pm

johnkk wrote:Hi guys, first post here.

Just sharing my timeline.

EEA national

Application sent: 05/08/2016
Application received: 08/08/2016
Payment taken: 09/08/2016
Confirmation Email with Case ID received: 07/09/2016
DCPR issued: N/A
DCPR received: N/A

So far it seems pretty consistent lately that

a) payment is taken immediately when application is received
b) confirmation mail is sent one month later.

Now bracing for the long wait.
My optimistic scenario is that I'll get DCPR by year's end.

I still cannot believe it, but I got the DCPR just today! I'm in shock - can't conceive how this is possible - it's too soon! Updated, and final, timeline:

DCPR issued: 23/09/2016
DCPR received: 29/09/2016

Basically I got it back a month and a half after sending in the documents! That must be a record of some sort.

One question though: How do I know what period the DCPR covers? What I want to know if one year has already passed since the date that I became permanent resident (which by my calculations should be a year ago, so that I should be able to apply for citizenship straight away).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 pm

johnkk wrote:

One question though: How do I know what period the DCPR covers? What I want to know if one year has already passed since the date that I became permanent resident (which by my calculations should be a year ago, so that I should be able to apply for citizenship straight away).
Request SAR from UKVI.

Grodan
Newly Registered

Post by Grodan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Finally my wait is over...

EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Application sent: 31/05/2016
Documents received: 01/06/2016
Payment taken: 02/06/2016
Confirmation email: 30/06/2016
DCPR dated: 22/09/2016
Total Time: 121 days

nari1996
Newly Registered

Post by nari1996 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:45 am

Betty1915 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying for the permanent residency card. I have lived in UK since 2009 and I have been a student ever since. Currently I am in university and next year I will graduate. I am not too sure what sections will apply to me since I am over 21 years and I am not dependent on my parents' income. Is/was anyone in the same situation like I am?

Any help will be greatly appreciate it
Thank you.
I am in a similar situation as you. However, I am under 21 and my mother holds a British citizenship. I held a settlement with parent visa in the past also. I've been living in UK for 6 years now.
Are you an EEA national or Non-EEA ? If you're a non-eea then what visa do you currently hold or have had in the past ?
If you're an EEA national you can only qualify as their family member if you’re:
their (or their spouse or civil partner’s) dependent child

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:32 pm

johnkk wrote:

Just sharing my timeline.

EEA national

DCPR issued: N/A
DCPR received: N/A

So far it seems pretty consistent lately that

a) payment is taken immediately when application is received
b) confirmation mail is sent one month later.

Now bracing for the long wait.
My optimistic scenario is that I'll get DCPR by year's end.

I still cannot believe it, but I got the DCPR just today! I'm in shock - can't conceive how this is possible - it's too soon! Updated, and final, timeline:

Basically I got it back a month and a half after sending in the documents! That must be a record of some sort.

That is impressive. Congratulations!

Was your case very straightforward? Like same address for 5 years, same employer for 5 years, (almost) not absences etc?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Congrats! :)

Shows how random HO is - I dont think it has anything to do with an application beign straightforward or not. I know EEA nationals with extremely straight forward applications who waited 5 months even though they sent their applications well before the referendum.
Think it's like in most offices; there is no proper system, if your application is not too difficult and a nice, efficient member of staff is having a good day you could just be lucky and get an outcome quite quickly.
Or your straightforward application could be gathering dust on the desk of a staff member who is overworked/ill/on annual leave and you'd be in for a nice little wait :roll:
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi

I have moved house after submission of my application and changed the address using below link. I sent copy of Council tax and driving list for proof of address at new location :

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

I earlier sent pre paid envelop with my old address. Can I send pre paid envelop with my new address, if so where I can send it?

Appreciate your response.

Timelines :
Application sent: 24/06/2016
Application received: 27/06/2016
Payment taken: 28/06/2016
Confirmation Email with Case ID received: 26/07/2016

Tinkerbell91
Newly Registered

Post by Tinkerbell91 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:42 pm

quote:

Finally my wait is over...

EU(14) DCPR Timeline
Application sent: 31/05/2016
Documents received: 01/06/2016
Payment taken: 02/06/2016
Confirmation email: 30/06/2016
DCPR dated: 22/09/2016
Total Time: 121 days

Congratulations Grodan! Amazing news! my timeline is very similar but I sent my application on 26/05/2016 and I have still not heard back from HO. Are there any people who have applied in April and May and are still waiting?

monkeyface300
Newly Registered

Post by monkeyface300 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:15 pm

yes first week in May
non-eea
haven't heard a thing just the certificate of application letter came sometime in June.

agnetha007

Post by agnetha007 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:28 pm

I applied for the PR card in mid-May and haven't got the decision yet, but my application is not straightforward.. :(

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:02 pm

salmintin wrote:
johnkk wrote: Application sent: 05/08/2016

Was your case very straightforward? Like same address for 5 years, same employer for 5 years, (almost) not absences etc?
Thank you very much. I'd say my application was straightforward yes.
- 1 year UK MSc, followed straight away by 4 years of work on the same employer. Have changed 4 addresses in this period though. The first year, cause it was education, needed more evidence (CSI + funds available) which weren't easy to get on my side but got them in the end. Lots of absences - all listed (excel sheet with 50 lines).

I think what made a difference was how organized my application was. I had everything labeled, sorted, color-coded, practically every piece of paper had a post-it note on top with numbering and a short explanation of which form section it relates to. All supporting documents were further organized into sections, my list of absences had sums of days per qualifying year so that didn't have to run the sums etc.

I guess I made someone's day, cause they wouldn't have to do any work looking around for stuff.
That said, I did spent over a month gathering the documents and creating the application. Well, it seems that it worked.
Good luck to everyone else. Now it's it's AN form time for me.

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 am

Great to hear, johnkk. It is good to see that putting in the time beforehand has paid off for you!

I have tried to similarly do the same with my app but my case is more complicated due to there being less evidence and a lot of smalll stuff whic I had to declare even if it was not that important. I'm coming up to 3 months now and will now begin to check my prepaid packet on a daily basis.

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:54 am

noajthan wrote:
johnkk wrote:

Request SAR from UKVI.
Do you know if the "Fast Track" SAR application includes this information?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 am

johnkk wrote: Do you know if the "Fast Track" SAR application includes this information?
If you ask for it, yes.

GabrielaB
Newly Registered

Post by GabrielaB » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 am

I would be grateful if anyone with more experience in this field could answer my questions please.

When are the original documents sent back to you after applying for PR as EEA citizen?
Is there any way you could speed up the process (I doubt! unless the case is straight forward and paperwork load is very well organized , which i intend to do...)
What is the estimated time from submission of documents?

Thank you and good luck everyone!

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:57 am

ohara wrote:
johnkk wrote: Do you know if the "Fast Track" SAR application includes this information?
If you ask for it, yes.
As far as I can tell, a "fast track" SAR application differs from a regular SAR application.
The fast track one only has 3 options for you to choose from:
1) IT records
2) Entry Clearance
3) Landing Cards

There's no field to write down custom requests, this is an automated request.
So I guess my question is this: Using a "Fast Track" SAR request for IT records, will the returned data contain what period my DCPR covers?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:41 am

I think what made a difference was how organized my application was. I had everything labeled, sorted, color-coded, practically every piece of paper had a post-it note on top with numbering and a short explanation of which form section it relates to. All supporting documents were further organized into sections, my list of absences had sums of days per qualifying year so that didn't have to run the sums etc.
Definitely a good idea to be as organised as possible, but I honestly don't think it makes a difference if it doesn't land on the desk of an efficient caseworker. My friend's application was as organised as yours (could have been assessed in 15-30 mins I guess :lol: ) but she waited 5 months and that as an EU national applying well before the referendum. Application was easy - 5 years for the same employer and at the same address.
But glad to see that there are at least some super quick decisions coming through, gives hope to all of those still waiting! :D
I lost my DCPR when moving last week (or at least I think I have :| ) - so kind of scared to apply for a replacement when looking at the current timelines :roll:
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi guys i am looking to apply for PR . just want to ask is there a problem if apply after trigger of article 50.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:27 pm

johnkk wrote:
salmintin wrote:
johnkk wrote: Application sent: 05/08/2016

Thank you very much. I'd say my application was straightforward yes.
- 1 year UK MSc, followed straight away by 4 years of work on the same employer. Have changed 4 addresses in this period though. The first year, cause it was education, needed more evidence (CSI + funds available) which weren't easy to get on my side but got them in the end. Lots of absences - all listed (excel sheet with 50 lines).

I guess I made someone's day, cause they wouldn't have to do any work looking around for stuff.
That said, I did spent over a month gathering the documents and creating the application. Well, it seems that it worked.
Good luck to everyone else. Now it's it's AN form time for me.
Great to hear that mate! I did EXACTLY the same thing. Maybe I'll be as lucky as you are :)

Take care and good luck with AN!

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:00 am

i am looking to apply for PR . just want to ask is there a problem if apply after trigger of article 50

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:37 am

shaaki.fabi wrote:i am looking to apply for PR . just want to ask is there a problem if apply after trigger of article 50

In other posts you have claimed to be applying for JR and for a family visitor visa. Pointless padding posts to obtain PM access will result in the PM facility being permanently restricted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Marct
Newly Registered

Post by Marct » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi Annebee,

Yes it is required to submit the photocopies of all supporting documents. You need to send both originals and copies of each supporting document. Home Office do not accept copies without originals. I think in this way HO saves time and money :) as it's an additional cost for HO to copy each document we send them.

I assume they would send the original documents back to applicants once the submitted documents have been verified by them (that was the way how they did when I applied for EEA2 back in 2010).

Hmmm, I submitted only originals when I applied in 2010 and ROR last year. if one will send copies then the application pack for PR will weigh 10kg especially for self-employed. :(

I paid about £40 for special delivery last week (application form, supporting documents and copies).

On page 97 of the updated EEA (PR) form it says "Please also submit photocopies of all documents submitted as well as the original documents."

Check out the form at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _01-15.pdf
I know this is not recent but there is no page 97 of the form as far as I can see.. Also, in the guidance notes it says the following:
'Unless otherwise stated, please send original documents only. Photocopies are not acceptable. If you’re unable to send the original, please explain why. We’re unlikely to be able to approve your application without sight of the original document.'