ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Online application and how to send everthing to HO

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marct
Newly Registered

EEA PR Online application and how to send everthing to HO

Post by Marct » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Two questions to which I don't seem to be able to find the anser:
1. When using the paper application, how have you all sent everything for the PR application to the home office? In a box or an expandable envelope? Since mine is quite a wad of paper with all the evidence, I would think a box would be safest but I don't want it to be the subject of a controlled explosion, destroying all my original documentation, with the home office suspecting it's a bomb, in these troubled times... :|

2. I noticed it's now possible to do the application electronically. Before I set out on this route instead, has anyone tried this? And if so, how do you provide all the supporting evidence as they are asking for originals (as far as I can see...)

Thank you for anyone sharing their experience on this...

Pedicini

Re: EEA PR Online application and how to send everthing to H

Post by Pedicini » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Get the largest padded envelope you can find - our envelope was 480x370mm and we folded it in half and it worked
Good Luck

GabrielaB
Newly Registered

Post by GabrielaB » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:01 pm

I am interested in the online application too but I would also like to know if anyone so far has been successful and what how long does it take . I would be grateful if anyone with more experience in this could answer. Many thanks.

Marct
Newly Registered

Post by Marct » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Pedicini wrote:Get the largest padded envelope you can find - our envelope was 480x370mm and we folded it in half and it worked
Good Luck
Padding and folding in half... good idea! Thanks. I have a couple ideas of where I can find one of those, including the post office itself.

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Marct wrote:In a box or an expandable envelope?
I did send them a nice A4-sized box as I run a business (not in employment) and my documentation was quite a lot, just above 300 pages, incl. the application form which was some 130 pages at the time (this was before they issued the guidelines asking applicants not to print the whole application form).

That was long time ago but it worked. They returned the documents in one of those plastic 'Polylope' envelopes and everything was OK.

Marct
Newly Registered

Post by Marct » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:30 pm

dapto10 wrote:
Marct wrote:In a box or an expandable envelope?
I did send them a nice A4-sized box as I run a business (not in employment) and my documentation was quite a lot, just above 300 pages, incl. the application form which was some 130 pages at the time (this was before they issued the guidelines asking applicants not to print the whole application form).

That was long time ago but it worked. They returned the documents in one of those plastic 'Polylope' envelopes and everything was OK.
I think mine is about as much, but I think times may have changed if yours was a long time ago. Thank you for your feedback. I do have a spare box from the post office here that would fit... Going to explore the envelope idea first...

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:49 pm

GabrielaB wrote:I am interested in the online application too but I would also like to know if anyone so far has been successful and what how long does it take . I would be grateful if anyone with more experience in this could answer. Many thanks.
At the moment of writing it doesn't seems to work, but maybe because it's weekend