ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee waiver application refused –FLR returned as invalid

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yumedo

Fee waiver application refused –FLR returned as invalid

Post by yumedo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:46 pm

My application on FLR (FP) has been invalided on 29/Sept due to the refusal on fee weaver,
What are the options now?
I can submit a fresh application with the relevant fee next week, but the new LR will only valid from next week as I quote the HO letter (the date of your application will be the date which you post application). How about the last three months while my application was being considering? My previous LR expires on 09/Jul.

The HO fee weaver policies on rejections are:
Applicants may re-submit their FLR application with the relevant fee.
Could anyone please explain the legal term of “ re-submit “

Thanks

Jack

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fee waiver application refused –FLR returned as invalid

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:58 pm

re-submit = RE-APPLY!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:42 am

To CR001

Sounds like making a fresh application,

that will leave a gap from july to Oct. what is my immigration statue for this period?

how will it effcet my DLR application when ten years is up?

Thanks

Ja

remiee

Post by remiee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 pm

What was the reason(s) for refusing your fee waiver? I am we are planing of renewing next year. family of five, total cost of application, nhs fees will cost almost £7K and I can not see how we can afford this. So we are plaining to apply for the fee waiver. please advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:31 pm

A migrant will qualify for an application fee waiver if one of the following three circumstances can be satisfied (section 2.0):

(1) When the applicant has demonstrated that they are destitute (i.e. they do not have adequate accommodation or any means of obtaining it, and/or they cannot meet their essential living needs).

(2) When the applicant has adequate accommodation and can meet their essential living needs but has demonstrated, by way of evidence, that they would be rendered destitute by payment of the fee.

(3) If (1) or (2) do not apply but there are exceptional circumstances relating to the applicant’s ability to pay the fee.

AND

How to demonstrate that an applicant will be rendered destitute by payment of the fee
The applicant must show that:
They have no or very limited disposable income to pay the fee now, and
When it is reasonable to expect the applicant to delay making their application they cannot realistically afford to save up the required amount to pay the fee within 12 months and there must be no basis to conclude that their financial circumstances are likely to change during this period, and
Are not able to borrow the required amount from family or friends.

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/News/Page ... -2015.aspx
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:28 pm

remiee wrote:What was the reason(s) for refusing your fee waiver? I am we are planing of renewing next year. family of five, total cost of application, nhs fees will cost almost £7K and I can not see how we can afford this. So we are plaining to apply for the fee waiver. please advice.
My advice is to think twice unless you absolutely 100 percent certain you will be qualify for fee waiver.. other wise you will end up in mess like me., there is other guy in similar situation (check link below):

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 15114.html.

The reason of refusal is I failed to demostrate sufficient evidents of being destitute or will be destitute ,that is after provided all bank transitions, INland revenu self assessment of £6000 anual income and borrowing receipt of Bank .

I have been told by charity workers that fee waiver is very hard to get even for family .

my solicitor did not prior warn me about that now she is not sure how to deal with it.

:cry:

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Casa wrote:A migrant will qualify for an application fee waiver if one of the following three circumstances can be satisfied (section 2.0):

Hi Casa:

I know that you are very experienced and encountered many difficult cases on this forum.what do you think about my situation? if I pay the fee and resubmit a FLR tomorrow , will the period (09/Jul to now ) counted as overstaying and affect my application for permanent resident in 7 years time?
what is the HO's guideline for this FLR invalid application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm going to stand back and let someone with more experience on fee waivers to respond, rather than give what may prove to be incorrect advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 pm

yumedo wrote:
Casa wrote:A migrant will qualify for an application fee waiver if one of the following three circumstances can be satisfied (section 2.0):

Hi Casa:

I know that you are very experienced and encountered many difficult cases on this forum.what do you think about my situation? if I pay the fee and resubmit a FLR tomorrow , will the period (09/Jul to now ) counted as overstaying and affect my application for permanent resident in 7 years time?
May be there is a gap on a 10 year. Flr (fp) leave to remain is discretion. It gives you working and travelling rights and make your life better. Nowadays forget about public funds and free application in home office, not like before anymore, very strict. Now you need to worry about your application, do as soon as you can with full fee payment (including IHS charge as well £500).

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:
yumedo wrote:

Hi Casa:

May be there is a gap on a 10 year. Flr (fp) leave to remain is discretion. It gives you working and travelling rights and make your life better. Nowadays forget about public funds and free application in home office, not like before anymore, very strict. Now you need to worry about your application, do as soon as you can with full fee payment (including IHS charge as well £500).
To Shondra: Thanks for your suggestion:

From what I understand is:

I submit a fresh application with fee now.as my previous LR expired on Jul.. I am overstaying now until a new RL granted.

Am I right?