ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rough time frame of Tier 2 licence & SMS changes?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hopeforall9
Mood:

rough time frame of Tier 2 licence & SMS changes?

Post by hopeforall9 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 am

Hello

I have three questions regarding recent processing times, so for anyone who has recently gone through this change could please let me know what they experienced I would really appreciate it?

My current company requested not only a new Level 1 user/Key Contact/Authorising Officer (due to our original one leaving suddenly from the company)? But when we call to ask , so that i can do my extension a little earlier than planned (priority application is what i will be doing).

Also how long did it take to get an Unrestricted COS allocation (only asked for one)?

And I ask about Tier 2 licence processing time for anyone who just went through it, how long did it roughly take? My company is going to be going through a merger at the end of next month (hence need for extension needed soon) and we are being transferred via TUPE. But due to horror stories we have heard that this can take forever to transfer, I am doing my extension on our current licence before the merger and TUPE is triggered. Then new company (which is actually our parent company, its part of a restructure to simplify the structure of the company) will apply for licence right after this with the reasoning being TUPE. Just wondering on new licence processing times that have recently occured.

in regards to any of theses, is there anyway to move them along or claim them to be urgent issues? Cause when we call they say up to 18 weeks, but that seems extensive to me.

Thank you for any and all of your help.

PRCcap
Newly Registered

Re: rough time frame of Tier 2 licence & SMS changes?

Post by PRCcap » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi there,
The only thing I know so far is that UCOS takes some time. I have no idea what it depends on and currently sometimes it takes two days, sometimes two months. Mine was requested on Sept. 13th and still no response. We tried calling as well and they didn't say anything except for up to 18 weeks as well. We also dropped several emails and no response was received=((

Has anyone received UCOS recently? If so, how long did it take?
Thanks!

hopeforall9
Mood:

Re: rough time frame of Tier 2 licence & SMS changes?

Post by hopeforall9 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:57 am

Well some good news today, our users were granted access to the SMS system this morning. But still the CoS allocation has not been renewed, nor the other updates have occurred. At least they can now access the system to monitor whats going on, but need to wait until they update the rest of the requests made. All of these were requested on the 27th of September. So just over three weeks for the new user access, will update when the CoS is granted.