ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS Allocation Renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AP503
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS Allocation Renewal

Post by AP503 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi there,

My company unfortunately missed the deadline to apply for renewal of COS last year.

My current leave expires on 15/12/16 and we have just requested a new annual allocation of 1 unrestricted COS on 1/8/16. When we called the helpline they advised that it might take 18 weeks for this to be allocated.

Does it really take that long for them to process this request? I'm worried that it might be cutting it too fine as 18 weeks is 2 weeks before my visa expires.

Also, once the allocation is received, how long does it take for a COS to be approved?

Would really appreciate any insight at all.

Thanks!

gwen3
Newly Registered

Re: Unrestricted COS Allocation Renewal

Post by gwen3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:24 am

Hi AP503,

Just wondering if you have received your COS yet?

My employer had requested one about 2 weeks ago, however my visa expires in 4 weeks time. I am so worried about cutting it too close. Can you please keep me informed, it would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
G

AP503
Newly Registered

Post by AP503 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi G,

It took about 10 working days from the time of applying for the unrestricted COS.

Have you gotten yours yet?

gwen3
Newly Registered

Post by gwen3 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Unfortunately, not yet. The wait is absolutely dreadful. My employer sent in an urgent email to the business helpdest with information about the job, my qualification, the company, and that my visa is expiring on the 21st of October. I'm desperately hoping that this may work. It's almost been three weeks since they requested for one more COS. :(