ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contacted UKVI today for my citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

holaiker

Contacted UKVI today for my citizenship application

Post by holaiker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi all

I submitted my application on 31-03-2016 and the 6-month waiting period has now passed.

I called the number on the website. Someone took down my details and mentioned i would be contacted within the next 5 working days.

Luckily, i received a call in the afternoon. The lady mentioned that no decision had been made and they had never requested any additional documents from me. She will email the caseworker and see if this can be sped up. She also mentioned that there had been queues since the beginning of this year.

In the end, she also advised that i would always be able to lodge a complaint through local MP. Not sure what i should do next...

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Re: Contacted UKVI today for my citizenship application

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Was your case strightforward or you think there were complications? -

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:08 pm

devenpunjabi999 wrote:Was your case strightforward or you think there were complications? -
Hi, i think it should be straightforward. i dont have any criminal record and each time i renewed my uk visa, including ILR, i did not experience any problems.

one thing that was also mentioned by UKVI lady in the call that if a case is complicated and needs more time, i would receive a letter within 4 months explaining the reason. But obviously, i have never received a letter like that.

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Unfortunately all you can do is request more information through your local MP and/or wait.

This is the thing with AN - there are only guidelines but no definitive timeframes. I applied in August and I have just seen some August applications being approved but some Jan/Feb applications still pending.

If you believe your case is clear you will be approved - its just a matter of when - Good Luck

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:55 pm

If there are queues then how it is possible that some people are much faster than others even though they applied MUCH later?

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Saladin0011 wrote:If there are queues then how it is possible that some people are much faster than others even though they applied MUCH later?
well, at least the lady was nice today and i didnt ask her this question, which might have changed her attitude from nice to horrible.

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:01 am

holaiker wrote:
Saladin0011 wrote:If there are queues then how it is possible that some people are much faster than others even though they applied MUCH later?
well, at least the lady was nice today and i didnt ask her this question, which might have changed her attitude from nice to horrible.
True....

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:49 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm in the same situation. I have applied for British Citizenship and it's past 6 months now and I really need to make some follow up enquiry. I have tried to email HO but no one has gotten back to me yet.

I would like to try and send a formal enquiry through the post. Does anyone know the postal address?

Is the following postal address correct:

Home Office
North West Responder Hub
Department 16
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L3 9PP

Anyone who knows, please kindly confirm. If this is incorrect, can you provide me with the updated postal address.

Thanks all!

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:45 pm

after more than 7-months wait, i have received the approval letter and ceremony invite today.

i contacted UKVI twice and my local MP helped as well.

To those who have not received the approval, good luck and never give up. Keep contacting UKVI and ask your MP to help.

mg543
Newly Registered

Post by mg543 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 pm

yeah, i would recommend you to write a letter to them straight away after 6 months if you havent received any correspondence from the HO. I have done it too and waiting now. In total it has now been 9 months since I applied.