ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DL Expired, Now over stayer, Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

DL Expired, Now over stayer, Please help

Post by hamid84 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Hello,

My wife received 2.6 years leave to remain under family route but it expired in July 2016 and we did not find out until we went to bank to apply for mortgage.

We now need to apply again but not sure what to do next. She is now an over stayer.

Do we need to apply using FLR FP form?

How do we determine if we quality for 5 year or 10 year route?

Should she apply as Partner or Parent route?

We genuinely forgot the date to renew and always thought it was due in Feb 2017. Can we explain this in covering letter and will caseworker overlook it and grant leave?

She has been in UK since 2007 and has lived legally and as over stayer during 9 years.

Thanks
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: DL Expired, Now over stayer, Please help

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:37 pm

hamid84 wrote:Hello,

My wife received 2.6 years leave to remain under family route but it expired in July 2016 and we did not find out until we went to bank to apply for mortgage.

We now need to apply again but not sure what to do next. She is now an over stayer.

Do we need to apply using FLR FP form?

How do we determine if we quality for 5 year or 10 year route?

Should she apply as Partner or Parent route?

We genuinely forgot the date to renew and always thought it was due in Feb 2017. Can we explain this in covering letter and will caseworker overlook it and grant leave?

She has been in UK since 2007 and has lived legally and as over stayer during 9 years.

Thanks
You try the FLR(FP) application partner route. This would be a 10 year route to settlement. The parent route wouldn't be relevant as this is for couples with a child/children who live apart.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.