ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our OCI application - very stressed - pls help

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:

Our OCI application - very stressed - pls help

Post by tulipz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:43 am

Hi all,
I am applying for OCI for 4 of us. Can someone please verify if I did everything correctly? ?

My questions at the bottom of this post. Thanks.

Our docs
Husband: India born, BC via naturalisation
UK passport (uploaded)
Indian cancelled passport
Surrender certificate
Marriage certificate (uploaded)
School leaving certificate (uploaded)
Naturalisation certificate

WIFE (me) : India born, BC via naturalisation
UK passport (uploaded)
Surrender certificate
Marriage certificate (uploaded)
School leaving certificate (uploaded)

CHILD 1: India born, BC via naturalisation
UK passport (uploaded)
Surrender certificate
Parents Marriage certificate (uploaded)
Birth certificate (uploaded)

CHILD2 : UK born, BC by birth /u]
UK passport (uploaded)
Parents Marriage certificate (uploaded)
Indian Origin Docs : made a pdf with both parents indian passports and school leaving certificates - (uploaded)
UK Birth certificate

QUESTIONS
1. I created application forms online and uploaded docs and pics. The upload section didn't ask for Indian passports / surrender certificates - is that ok? Should I just be taking them with me when I go to VFS?

2. Apart from the application form, vfs declaration form, photos, original docs and photocopies (1 set each) for the docs mentioned above, is there anything else I need to take?

3. How many special delivery envelopes do I need?

4. Do I need to self attest anything? Do uploaded docs need to be self attested anywhere?

lemony

Re: Our OCI application - very stressed - pls help

Post by lemony » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:24 pm

tulipz wrote: QUESTIONS
1. I created application forms online and uploaded docs and pics. The upload section didn't ask for Indian passports / surrender certificates - is that ok? Should I just be taking them with me when I go to VFS? Yes take the rest along with you, both originals and photocopies.

2. Apart from the application form, vfs declaration form, photos, original docs and photocopies (1 set each) for the docs mentioned above, is there anything else I need to take? CHeck whether both the parents have signed the children's declaration

3. How many special delivery envelopes do I need? 2 per application are needed. However sometimes the VFS staff are reluctant to take the Royal Mail ones, citing examples of delays and lost envelopes. I paid a premium to get the envelopes from the VFS centre at the counter. It atleast saves the headache for buying the correct size envelopes for the returning documents.

4. Do I need to self attest anything? Do uploaded docs need to be self attested anywhere? Yes all the photocopies need to be self attested. Children documents need to be attested by both parents

rmukherjee

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 pm

tulipz wrote:The upload section didn't ask for Indian passports / surrender certificates - is that ok?
There is one section called "Indian Origin Proof". In that for my child (registered as British citizen) I uploaded one PDF with scan of cancelled Indian passport + passport surrender certificate.

However in your case (applying as a family) I'm sure it'll be fine if you take the surrender certificate (original + photocopy) even if you have not uploaded it.

Hope it goes well for you, good luck!

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:36 am

Hello Tulipz... I am not sure if you are stressed out due to the sheer amount of work you have to put in for 4 applications or are you not sure of the information... ??

For you Following are the documents -

1) Printed & signed copy of the declaration form 2) 2 photographs of applicant, 3) Signature photo, 4) Foreign Passport Copy, 5) Copy of Naturalization Certificate & 6)Surrender certificate.

If you submit surrender certificate you dont have to submit school leaving certificate..

Alternatively if you are not sure of other questions .. call up the helpline number 0203 793 8629 They are open from 9am UK time.. press 3 for OCI inquiries .. They are very well versed with all the information that you need and have replied to all my answers very patiently.. ..