ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI- Minor- Thumb impression

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itsmylife

OCI- Minor- Thumb impression

Post by itsmylife » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Hello All,

Under "Documents required" section of VFS website for OCI it says
" Signature/thumb impression of the child applicant is also required on the declaration on Part B of the application form (2 page)."

However the page 2 of the online application has just Signature of Mother and Father fields.
where does the minor thumb impression be applied?

Also,
Do we need thumb impression of the baby on the below declaration form?
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/pdf/D ... 240815.pdf

Thanks

rmukherjee

Re: OCI- Minor- Thumb impression

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:12 pm

From memory, this is what we did for Part B of the form (thumb impression was put on the printed sheet): Image
and our application was processed without hassle.

For the first page of the OCI form, we had done a scan earlier of the thumb impression and uploaded it as the "signature" - that came out as part of the printed OCI form on page 1.

So altogether the thumb impression was done twice, not easy for a small child, but not excessively difficult either. They don't seem to care very much about the quality of the impression (I don't think ours was very good).
Also, Do we need thumb impression of the baby on the below declaration form?
This above declaration is just a VFS formality / admin requirement - it doesn't go to the Indian high commission as far as I know. Definitely wasn't going to make my child do a third thumb impression. From what I remember, I filled it as: I, name of child, ... and then signed it myself and wrote below it:

My Name
(Father of My Child's Name)

itsmylife

Re: OCI- Minor- Thumb impression

Post by itsmylife » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:26 am

rmukherjee wrote:From memory, this is what we did for Part B of the form (thumb impression was put on the printed sheet): Image
and our application was processed without hassle.

For the first page of the OCI form, we had done a scan earlier of the thumb impression and uploaded it as the "signature" - that came out as part of the printed OCI form on page 1.

So altogether the thumb impression was done twice, not easy for a small child, but not excessively difficult either. They don't seem to care very much about the quality of the impression (I don't think ours was very good).
Also, Do we need thumb impression of the baby on the below declaration form?
This above declaration is just a VFS formality / admin requirement - it doesn't go to the Indian high commission as far as I know. Definitely wasn't going to make my child do a third thumb impression. From what I remember, I filled it as: I, name of child, ... and then signed it myself and wrote below it:

My Name
(Father of My Child's Name)
Thanks for you reply.That was really helpful.

We managed to get the finger print scanned and upload but wan't sure about it on the form.
But, now I'm clear.Thanks :)