ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rise in Xenophobia and hate since Brexit

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

noajthan

Re: Rise in Xenophobia and hate since Brexit

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:07 pm

As per my understanding of media reports, the unfortunate victim (mother) was not killed.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:13 pm

noajthan wrote:As per my understanding of media reports, the unfortunate victim (mother) was not killed.
Thanks for that. Correctly stated that the victim survived, only her fetus was destroyed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Number of European Embassy report rise in attacks on their citizens.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... rexit-vote

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:58 pm

British Student stabbed in the neck for speaking Polish.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... id-samsung

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:38 am

Telegraph wrote:Amber Rudd used her speech at the Conservative Party conference to warn that foreign workers should not be able to "take the jobs that British people should do".

She revealed that companies could be forced to publish the proportion of "international" staff on their books in a move which would effectively "name and shame" businesses which are failing to take on British workers.
Is she implying that employing foreign people is somehow shameful?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:26 am

Fear and intimidation has always been the culture of British politics!
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:40 am

DFDS. wrote:Fear and intimidation has always been the culture of British politics!
Aren't all governments like that? At least western governments aren't as bad as some of the third world governmernts.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:27 am

Petaltop wrote:
DFDS. wrote:Fear and intimidation has always been the culture of British politics!
Aren't all governments like that? At least western governments aren't as bad as some of the third world governmernts.
What do you mean when you say third world governments? Is the UK on a different plannet? How much of British history do you? Do your homework!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:49 pm

When i hear Rudd and May talk about migrant like some form of disease, It makes me physically sick, in the literal sense.

These people are appealing to the worst common denominator and dregs of British society, they Make British Citizenship a symbol of derision.

A very decent friend of mine was so appalled, that he asked me to proceed with the process of revoking his citizenship, as he can no longer allow himself to be guilty by association. That Rudd and May don't speak in his name, and by holding British Passport and going around Europe, he will be seen as a citizen of that nation that talk about immigrant is such derogatory way.

Things have really gone bad. I went to a local department store in Harlow the other day, and saw Polish Police officers guarding the street to protect their citizens, as the UK government has lost control of the environment they incited over many years, since Michael Howard in 2005. Now it has exploded in their face.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Reminds me of a story when I worked in the Nuclear industry, top secret, but one of the stations was built on a former RAF WW2 pilot training base.

One of the Reactor Controllers refused to work in the vicinity of one particular reactor, since he said he'd been spooked by the ghost of a Polish airman, half his body below ground level since the old runway was 3 feet underneath the newer access road.

I asked him how did he know the ghost was Polish since he didn't know or understand Polish. He couldn't answer, probably making stuff up....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Wanderer wrote:Reminds me of a story when I worked in the Nuclear industry, top secret, but one of the stations was built on a former RAF WW2 pilot training base.

One of the Reactor Controllers refused to work in the vicinity of one particular reactor, since he said he'd been spooked by the ghost of a Polish airman, half his body below ground level since the old runway was 3 feet underneath the newer access road.

I asked him how did he know the ghost was Polish since he didn't know or understand Polish. He couldn't answer, probably making stuff up....
Polish uniform?
Then again it always puzzles me why ghosts wear clothes (or a uniform) - are the clothes dead too?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Much depends on which news report. Way back in 2014 before Brexit police from 8 European countries (including Poland) were drafted into the UK to assist with apprehending foreign criminals. We shouldn't blame everything on hate crimes and the referendum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... inals.html

In Harlow, it's reported that the Polish police officers have been working to help police to engage with “members of the Polish community who do not speak English as their first language" and to meet and greet members of the community. They are unable to investigate crime or make any arrests and have not been brought in to protect Polish citizens.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 pm

The problem with Harlow is not interpretation, it appears to be hate.

I am inclined to agree with the Huffington post and the labour MP on what is happening. The Mail will sugat coat things.

They have a vested interest in doing so , as they appear to be the instigator for it all.

If you get to visit Harlow, you will notice these officers patrolling the area. There purpose is to reassure the local community.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:16 pm

noajthan wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Reminds me of a story when I worked in the Nuclear industry, top secret, but one of the stations was built on a former RAF WW2 pilot training base.

Polish uniform?
Then again it always puzzles me why ghosts wear clothes (or a uniform) - are the clothes dead too?
Or why a medium's Spirit Guide is an Indian Chief or Somalian Warrior and never a Postman from Warrington or a Scottish Busdriver...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:27 pm

I have to be honest and I may be the only one to speak out, but I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with this thread.

I'm against prejudice and r _ acisim in any form, but the thread seems to be focusing on anti Government, anti British, anti media (if contra to personal political views). The thread itself is displaying signs of prejudice.

As a forum moderator I've always been conscious to avoid discussing religion or politics on an open forum dedicated to assisting members on their immigration path.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm

that's what the leave campaign was all about. Unti immigration, unti foreigners.How about the conservative conference in Birmingham?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Casa wrote:I have to be honest and I may be the only one to speak out, but I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with this thread.

I'm against prejudice and r _ acisim in any form, but the thread seems to be focusing on anti Government, anti British, anti media (if contra to personal political views). The thread itself is displaying signs of prejudice.

As a forum moderator I've always been conscious to avoid discussing religion or politics on an open forum dedicated to assisting members on their immigration path.
Agree Casa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:49 pm

In a true and healthy democracy people do criticise government. That is what makes a healthy democracy. It is an individual and a civic right for one to do so.

I appreciate that I can do so. I don't think it is in anyone's interest to be in a state which is always pro government.

I don't think this thread prejudices anyone, according to the true definition of prejudice.

People are entitled to criticise government, people are entitled to criticise and condemn in the strongest possible term, individual who kill innocent people in the streets, in broad day light. There is nothing wrong with that.

It does not make one unbritish to do so.

The views and concerns that people on this thread are expressing are consistent with police reports and statistics released since 23-06-2016.

It helps to raise awareness of it.

Workers in the UK makes a huge benefits. If the government says employers will be named and shamed for employing foreign national, then that speaks a lot about the people espousing those policy, than us discussing it on the thread.

I respect the right of the Express or Mail or telegraph to publish what they so wish within the law, just like the independent , Guardian or the Mirror can dO.

However like the press are entitled to criticise people, we also reserve the right to criticise them .

Government are public servants, and in our system of democracy in the UK, we are entitled to criticise, offend or even insult them.

Denouncing government, politician or bad people that kill innocent people in the street, is not quite the definition of prejudice.

I will respectfully beg to differ with anyone who thinks it is.

If this thread is able to prevent a eastern European national from been murdered in the streets, by raising awareness that people should not speak their language in certain parts of the UK, then I think it will be achieving it purpose.

There are many nice British people, as well as very unpleasant ones. This is part and parcel in every society.

The purpose of the thread is not to vilify brits, but to condemn the politician that has fan the flame of the environment in which we find ourselves. That in my view is fair play.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:34 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Now foreign National banned from advising on Brexit .

Wonder when Amber Rudd will say I am not competent to do my Job because I am a person of ethnic minority origin.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Seems illogical. To find experts, it's better not limit your pool of experts.

They are appearing to be shooting themselves in the foot.