ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card Processing Time 2016

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matif
Newly Registered

Post by matif » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:49 am

Hi All,

My wife is applying PR next week. You have any idea how long it will take , because we are planning to go to visit Pakistan in December and she also have to apply a visit visa for Pakistan as well..

Thanks in Advance.

rebreaker
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Card Processing Time 2016

Post by rebreaker » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:33 am

matif wrote:Hi All,

My wife is applying PR next week. You have any idea how long it will take , because we are planning to go to visit Pakistan in December and she also have to apply a visit visa for Pakistan as well..

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Matif,

People receive decision nowadays who applied beginnig of January 2016.

It means taking 6 months all procedure. You can ask to return passports after 1-2 months than application and would proceed Pakistani visa as well i think. You must make a plan to come back UK.

I did try to board from non EU country with expired Family permit. Show all my papaers COA-proof of adress etc but did not work unfourtunately ( i try because knew somebody use this method)

As i had schengen aswell fly to France and enter from Calais. It is easy to explain UK border your status. They check and let you in

maricruz
Newly Registered

Post by maricruz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 pm

I have applied since February 2016 and i have not heard anything as at today.

matif
Newly Registered

Post by matif » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:25 pm

maricruz wrote:I have applied since February 2016 and i have not heard anything as at today.

Hi Maricruz,

I think just because people applying PR after Brexit.

A

alexxy
Newly Registered

Post by alexxy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:52 pm

matif wrote:
maricruz wrote:I have applied since February 2016 and i have not heard anything as at today.

Hi Maricruz,

I think just because people applying PR after Brexit.

A
Should not matter ! She applied in February so she should have priority over anyone applying after Brexit.

elocin
Newly Registered

Post by elocin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post but just curious to find out processing times:

Application submitted: 14 April
Payment Taken: 21 April
Biometrics requested: 16 May
Certificate of Application: 24 May
Request passport: 25 May
Passport received: 10 June
Decision: ????? awaiting

I called the HO to find out when the 6 month clock starts ticking and they say from payment date, so it is now the 5th of September, 4 months in and I am still waiting.

My anxiety levels are off the charts, is this normal for it to take so long? I am a non-eu EEA family member, I am in a long term partnership (10 years). Will be curious to hear other dates.

Malvinaz
Newly Registered

Post by Malvinaz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:38 am

Hi Guys,

I have found this website very helpful so I decided to share my Permanent Residence application story.

I come from EU country. I have been living in the UK for 9 years.

I filled up the application, sent all the documents for the last 6 years ( I thought I would show more evidence than 5 years). I made sure that all my 5 last years of absences from the UK were correctly entered. I am perfectionist and I made sure that I had all possible evidence :-)

Application was delivered on 25/05/16 ( I sent it by special delivery day earlier)
Payment taken on 27/05/16 under reference EURO LIVERPOOL GBR
Email from HO confirming receipt of documents received on 22/06/2016
Permanent Residence Card and all documents received on 16/09/16
Date of issue of the card 11/09/2016

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help :-)

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:46 am

Malvinaz wrote:Hi Guys,

I have found this website very helpful so I decided to share my Permanent Residence application story.

I filled up the application, sent all the documents for the last 6 years ( I thought I would show more evidence than 5 years). I made sure that all my 5 last years of absences from the UK were correctly entered. I am perfectionist and I made sure that I had all possible evidence :-)

Application was delivered on 25/05/16 ( I sent it by special delivery day earlier)

Congrats and thanks for coming back!

Was your case particularly complex? Did you include a cover letter or other explanatory letters? Did you use the 85-page form or the simplified one!

Take care and good look with BC :wink:

Ajub44
Newly Registered

Post by Ajub44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi All,

I applied for the Non EEA PR card since last 2/05/2016.
I did the Biometric and received the COA in June 2016.
Still waiting for the EE PR card which is over 125 days now.
Money had been taken from my account 4th May 2016.
I read from the forum that someone submitted even late May 2016 and had received the EEA PR Card last week. Please I need your advice as it seems the Application process is treated differently. Thank you.

JuanMT
Newly Registered

Post by JuanMT » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Ajub44 wrote:Hi All,

I applied for the Non EEA PR card since last 2/05/2016.
I did the Biometric and received the COA in June 2016.
Still waiting for the EE PR card which is over 125 days now.
Money had been taken from my account 4th May 2016.
I read from the forum that someone submitted even late May 2016 and had received the EEA PR Card last week. Please I need your advice as it seems the Application process is treated differently. Thank you.
Hey,

I am also a non EEA, and from what I can see here and on other posts, people who already received theirs were EEA nationals, so I think they might be prioritising them. My application was received on 18th April and I am also still waiting

monkeyface300
Newly Registered

Post by monkeyface300 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:08 pm

I got my PR within 2.5 months this year but I am European. My husband is still waiting for his after 4 months. He is Non-EEA.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:49 pm

I was looking around for April applications & don't see many.... I've applied around mid April as well but so far have not heard anything since receiving the COA ... NonEU application ... Any other nonEU April applications?

JuanMT
Newly Registered

Post by JuanMT » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Zhonor wrote:I was looking around for April applications & don't see many.... I've applied around mid April as well but so far have not heard anything since receiving the COA ... NonEU application ... Any other nonEU April applications?
Hey, I agree. I have seen other people who received their, within 3 months or less but they were all EEA nationals. So I'm guessing they're taking priority.

Another thing that I just realised, if we sent the application in Ariel, the 6 months will complete in November, when the COA was issued, so it's not 6 months from when you applied but from the date your COA. So you want to wait before start chasing them :-(

kalla01
Newly Registered

Post by kalla01 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:59 pm

JuanMT wrote:
Zhonor wrote:I was looking around for April applications & don't see many.... I've applied around mid April as well but so far have not heard anything since receiving the COA ... NonEU application ... Any other nonEU April applications?
Hey, I agree. I have seen other people who received their, within 3 months or less but they were all EEA nationals. So I'm guessing they're taking priority.

Another thing that I just realised, if we sent the application in Ariel, the 6 months will complete in November, when the COA was issued, so it's not 6 months from when you applied but from the date your COA. So you want to wait before start chasing them :-(
hi guys,
am also non eea national.my time line below;

App posted;14th April,2016
HO RECEIVE APP;15th April,2016
BIO LETTER RECEIVED;28th may,2016 & BIO SUBMITTED SAME DAY.
COA WITH WORK;02nd JUNE,2016.
DOCU request(i requested my wife & son passport; 15th sep 2016.
DOCU RECEIVE from HO;28th sep 2016.
PR CARD DOCU;documents and LETTER confirming PR STATUS received TUESDAY 4TH OCTOBER,2016.
PR CARD; to come within 10 WORKING DAYS.

guys i hope this Lifts your SPIRITS UP : :lol:

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:10 pm

JuanMT wrote:

Hi Juan,

I've just received my PR today (documents and PR card). So glad the wait is all over.

JuanMT
Newly Registered

Post by JuanMT » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:40 pm

That is great news guys! hopefully I will hear something over the next few days.

All the best

marianavs2003
Newly Registered

Post by marianavs2003 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Malvinaz wrote:Hi Guys,

Hi! Been looking to see which referince they are using when they take the payment as £ 65 .00 whent out of my account under reference EURO. Thanks you very much for mentioning that. Happy to know that they took the money.

Ajub44
Newly Registered

Post by Ajub44 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:31 pm

:) Hi Guy! Congratulations! Though it takes several months as Non EU citizen for your EEA PR to be sent by HO

elocin
Newly Registered

Post by elocin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Good news received my PR today :) finally the big wait is over

Application submitted: 14 April
Payment Taken: 21 April
Biometrics requested: 16 May
Certificate of Application: 24 May
Request passport: 25 May
Passport received: 10 June
BPR: 05 October

Rbekkenutte
Newly Registered

Post by Rbekkenutte » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Zhonor wrote:
JuanMT wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to respond to the request for other April applications from non-EEA nationals but unsure if I am doing this right...
I've been reading these posts for awhile, so thought I would also add my timeline into the mix. I am a non-EEA national who is applying for EEA PR as the wife of an EEA national who has been in the U.K. And exercising treaty rights for about 15 years.

My timeline is:

Application sent: 15 April, 2016
Application received: 18 April, 2016
Payment Taken: 18 April, 2016
Biometrics requested: 17 May, 2016
Biometrics taken: 17 May, 2016
Certificate of Application: 23 May, 2016

Decision: ??

Does the 6 months start from the date the application is received or from the date of the COA?
As many have said before, the waiting is terrible. We'd like to get a home but can't get any mortgage until I have the PR card. We also have a 7 month old boy that we want to show off to our families but we can't travel without passports, and we can't apply for a passport for our boy without our passports or proof of my residence.
Will post as soon as I have something back from the Home Office. Hopefully that will help someone who is also waiting.

Rbekkenutte
Newly Registered

Post by Rbekkenutte » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Rbekkenutte wrote:[quote

Hi,
I'm trying to respond to the request for other April applications from non-EEA nationals but unsure if I am doing this right...
I've been reading these posts for awhile, so thought I would also add my timeline into the mix. I am a non-EEA national who is applying for EEA PR as the wife of an EEA national who has been in the U.K. And exercising treaty rights for about 15 years.

Updated: My timeline is:

Documents returned with letter stating PRC to arrive in 10 working days: Received 13 October, 2016

Decision: PRC to arrive in 10 working days

Does the 6 months start from the date the application is received or from the date of the COA?
As many have said before, the waiting is terrible. We'd like to get a home but can't get any mortgage until I have the PR card. We also have a 7 month old boy that we want to show off to our families but we can't travel without passports, and we can't apply for a passport for our boy without our passports or proof of my residence.
Will post as soon as I have something back from the Home Office. Hopefully that will help someone who is also waiting.

Rbekkenutte
Newly Registered

Post by Rbekkenutte » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 pm

[quote="Rbekkenutte"][quote="Rbekkenutte"][quote

Updated: My timeline is:

Documents returned with letter stating PRC to arrive in 10 working days: Received 13 October, 2016 (slight delay in receiving as we moved during the application process and post was redirected).

Just had a separate courier deliver my residence card!!!!!!!

PRC received: 13 October, 2016

I am sooo relieved and so happy!!!! Start to finish was almost exactly 6 months.

JGNS25

Post by JGNS25 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Guys,

I am still waiting for my permanent residence card, I am married to a British national as well but still is taking long. Any idea how long it could take?

I come from EU country. I have been living in the UK for 6 years.

I filled up the application, sent all the documents for the last 5 years . I made sure that all the details from the goverment guidance where enclose. some of them where missing like letters confirming employment.however I have added for each one of my previous emploiments alternative evidence(p45, contract of employment and p1).As well, I have added a cover letter explaining why some of the letters confirming employment where missing.

Application was delivered on 10/08/16 ( I sent it by special delivery day earlier)
Payment taken on 12/08/16 under reference EURO LIVERPOOL GBR
Email from HO 08/09/2016
Permanent Residence Card :Waiting

MrsGreenside

Post by MrsGreenside » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:05 pm

At the moment the processing time is between 3 and 4 month. I am afraid you must be patient.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 am

have applied for my husband PRC as he is European living in UK for over 6 years.

delivered on 22/06/2016
received the confirmation email about a month later
Still waiting for the PRC.

Has anyone who applied in June for PR received it already?