ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deduction of passport fees indicator of approval maybe?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kaba

Deduction of passport fees indicator of approval maybe?

Post by Kaba » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

I applied a few weeks ago through NCS for both citizenship and passport.

I did read on the letter that I got from my local council back, that the money for the passports will be deducted after naturalisation application is complete. If the naturalisation application is approved, then the passport office will continue with the passport. Otherwise, in application being rejected, the passport office will stop producing a passport.

My question though is: based on people's comments, do you think that if the passport money is deducted it is more likely for the naturalisation application being approved? I mean, has anybody paid for passports and see his naturalisation application being rejected?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Deduction of passport fees indicator of approval maybe?

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Deduction of the passport fee is not an indication of naturalisation application approval. If you applied for both together, and your naturalisation application is refused then you would forfeit the passport application fee. Both AN and passport application fee are taken upfront, but the passport application is only processed if the AN application is approved.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi there,

Well fair enough :) Makes sense what you are saying. I was just hoping to find an indicator showing that the application is approved before officially receiving the approval letter.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:34 pm

No such indicators to be found.

Internal operations of HO are an inscrutable black box.
May as well try divining with knuckle bones or chicken entrails.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:55 pm

hahahahahhaha I am looking everywhere online, I am checking people's past experience to come up with an indicator, but I guess nojathan that you are right :) I will just sit and wait now.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 pm

I think the timeline updates are a better indication as to when we can expect our applications to be approved - I see application being approved around now from early to mid-July.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.