ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted refund of NHS Surcharge

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JS28
Member of Standing

ILR Granted refund of NHS Surcharge

Post by JS28 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:46 pm

HI,

can someone please direct me to the correct email address or telephone number for refunding remaining NHS surcharge. Paid for it until 2019 but I already achieved my ILR last month. I have been told by what to do they know that I can refund it but not sure how.

Many thanks

saj626

Re: ILR Granted refund of NHS Surcharge

Post by saj626 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Dear forum members
I made an application for FLR (O) on 20th April 2016 then varied to SET (LR) on 3rd May 2016. On 28th June 2016 my application for SET (LR) approved. I have received refund for FLR (O) application fee however I haven't received refund IHS.
It has been more than 90 days since SET LR approved but no refund I have made sevrals calls to UKVI all they said write to caseworker to get refund however I have sent few letters to UKVI but not luck as yet.
There isn't any email address to contact IHS team.
Please share your experiences.
How to get IHS refund quickly ?

Many many thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:02 pm

How do you contact caseworker?

saj626

Post by saj626 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:17 pm

JS28 wrote:How do you contact caseworker?
Please write to your Caseworker at the address on the most recent correspondence you have received from the case working area.

saj626

Post by saj626 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:06 pm

just an update today i have received IHS refund after i have sent a letter to caseworker.

Many thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi

I applied via one day service so not sure how I'd contact them?

saj626

Post by saj626 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:26 pm

JS28 wrote:Hi

I applied via one day service so not sure how I'd contact them?
Dear JS28

If you look on your ILR decision letter. Decision letter should have address on it. Please write to that address.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:22 pm

HI,

I misplaced the letter unfortunately :( Is there any other way of contacting UKBA for refund?

saj626

Post by saj626 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Dear Js28

Don't you remember ? Which PEO did you go?

Did u vary your application or u had valid leave ?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:45 pm

If done via PSC then email pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for all refunds related issues.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:48 pm

saj626 wrote:just an update today i have received IHS refund after i have sent a letter to caseworker.

Many thanks
Hi Saj, so you posted a letter to caseworker? What did you say/write specifically?

I was also told that IHS may not be refunded as it is your choice to vary your leave category. Did you get full amount back?

olgachilds
BANNED

Post by olgachilds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:25 pm

To be fair I do not think there is an intention in this system to refund IHS to anyone who later made and been granted a different application, such as the topic starter.

It does come to think of it catches out particularly unfairly those who had to make a "second extention" under PBS rules shortly before applying for ILR. But it was ultimately your choice to apply, and not like iHS made sense in the first place!

The case of a later poster who applied for something else but VARIED to ILR, however, IMHO should receive an IHS refund. But I think you should contact the IHS people, not HO caseworking teams.

saj626

Post by saj626 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:23 pm

cyborg001 wrote:
saj626 wrote:just an update today i have received IHS refund after i have sent a letter to caseworker.

Many thanks
Hi Saj, so you posted a letter to caseworker? What did you say/write specifically?

I was also told that IHS may not be refunded as it is your choice to vary your leave category. Did you get full amount back?
Dear cyborg001

I had spoken to several call handler at UKVI contact centre all of them advised me to write to your Caseworker at the address on the most recent correspondence you have received from the case working area.
In my case I made FLRO ist then varied to SET (LR). I varied my application after 18 days. I have received full refund.
So what I did I have sent one letter to Sheffield.This is because for FLRO I had received acknowledgement letter from Sheffield.
On the letter simply I had written my Name, Full address, Date of Birth,Nationality, IHS reference number case ID for FLRO and sent a copy of acknowledgement letter and Copy of ILR BRP. Then polite request them to refund IHS.
2nd letter to Liverpool this is because my SET (LR) was granted at Liverpool address. I have posted both letters via special delivery post.

This is how I got refund.
Many thanks

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Guys, I have an update. I just got a response back from that PSC Refunds email address telling me that my full £500 IHS refund has been processed and money should be back on my card inside 28 days!!

As per the above they shouldn't since I switched to ILR nearly 8 months after my spouse visa (which was granted) for 2.5 years! :?

But anyway, if this works then wonderful example of public sector efficiency and worth a shot for other PSC applicants as well.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:37 pm

It's happened! They refunded my full £500 IHS that I paid back in January for spouse visa hahaha!

Get in! :lol: 8)

oluddemc
Newly Registered

Post by oluddemc » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:13 pm

cyborg001 wrote:Guys, I have an update. I just got a response back from that PSC Refunds email address telling me that my full £500 IHS refund has been processed and money should be back on my card inside 28 days!!

As per the above they shouldn't since I switched to ILR nearly 8 months after my spouse visa (which was granted) for 2.5 years! :?

But anyway, if this works then wonderful example of public sector efficiency and worth a shot for other PSC applicants as well.
Hi Cyborg001,

I am due to apply for ILR (LR) by December but I'll be on spouse visa for 11 months by then, do you think I'll be considered for a refund?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:19 pm

oluddemc wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:Guys, I have an update. I just got a response back from that PSC Refunds email address telling me that my full £500 IHS refund has been processed and money should be back on my card inside 28 days!!

Hi Cyborg001,

I am due to apply for ILR (LR) by December but I'll be on spouse visa for 11 months by then, do you think I'll be considered for a refund?
Mate, there's only one way to find out right? Email them on that address I posted above with the transaction details and hope for the best.

Let us know what happens.

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Great info guys.
Great success story @Cyborg.
I have emailed them as well as I switched to ILR only after 12 days of my visa granted.
Let's hope

AAONO
Newly Registered

Post by AAONO » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:08 am

As far as I understood the letter seems to be quite efficient right?
In this case how can I send them a letter if I don't have received anything from them?

My case is a little different because I applied for a Tier 2 Visa and IHS surcharge was for 5 years. I was only granted 2 years, so a partial refund should have been applied since June this year.

Many thanks

Alex

JamesBlack

Post by JamesBlack » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:27 pm

@cyborg1
Hi Guys i Have been denied the refund of IHS of 400£. i got the visa for 2 years Tier1 and then 12 days later i got ILR via 10 years long Residence.
i requested after reading your success in a similar situation as of mine, however i have been refused a refund which i believe is very unfair ;(as i only stayed on that visa for 112 days so where did the IHS funds been allocated to in space may be ;)
Following is the reply:
Dear Sir/Madam,

IHS payment, IHS2....., was “used” with your successfully granted T1 Entrepreneur visa.

As it was your choice to apply for SET(LR) only a few weeks later, this does not entitle you to any IHS refund for your previous successful visa.

Yours sincerely,

PSC Refund Team""

What should be the next course of action, should i raise a dispute that on what ground of written law they are not giving this money back?, should ask for legal explanation?

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi mate, hmm that's definitely different then! Another example of random inconsistency. Hard to say which case is correct tbh it could be that I got really lucky as the person refunding didn't check my history.

Perhaps email them fresh again with all details and just saying PSC staff said to email to get the refund and nothing more. Maybe a different person processes and refunds :wink:

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:38 am

hi saj
did u gott ur flr O full refund when u varied ur application? if yes, how?
thx
saj626 wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:

Many thanks

Dear cyborg001

I had spoken to several call handler at UKVI contact centre all of them advised me to write to your Caseworker at the address on the most recent correspondence you have received from the case working area.
In my case I made FLRO ist then varied to SET (LR). I varied my application after 18 days. I have received full refund.
So what I did I have sent one letter to Sheffield.This is because for FLRO I had received acknowledgement letter from Sheffield.
On the letter simply I had written my Name, Full address, Date of Birth,Nationality, IHS reference number case ID for FLRO and sent a copy of acknowledgement letter and Copy of ILR BRP. Then polite request them to refund IHS.
2nd letter to Liverpool this is because my SET (LR) was granted at Liverpool address. I have posted both letters via special delivery post.

This is how I got refund.
Many thanks

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:00 am

saj
plz share liverpool address u have on ur letter.
thx[quote="paru.org"]hi saj
did u gott ur flr O full refund when u varied ur application? if yes, how?
thx

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:04 am

dear saj,

could u pls share the letter u wrote to get ur IHS refund as i am in same boat.

many thx

Many thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:38 pm

I sent an email and letter and stiill not received any response or refund!I am annoyed