ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business premises in UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cappachino
Member of Standing

Business premises in UK

Post by cappachino » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Hello all
As per guidance on page 47,
To prove the following
1. Business
premises in the
United Kingdom

Your registration with
HMRC to
show that the business is
based in the UK.

Can we submit HMRC welcome letter containing the UTR number for the above?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Business premises in UK

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Current Appointment Report shows the address of your business which is an acceptable form of evidence to prove 3 things in once, which can show
- you became a director within 6 months of entering the route
- you are still a director
- your business is a UK business with a UK address
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 pm

zimba88 wrote:Current Appointment Report shows the address of your business which is an acceptable form of evidence to prove 3 things in once,
-you became a director within 6 months
- you are still a director
- your business has UK address
Thats true but I was referring to a sole proprietor/trader business

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:11 pm

In that case, you need to submit the welcome letter from HRMC when you registered as a self employed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:18 pm

zimba88 wrote:In that case, you need to submit the welcome letter from HRMC when you registered as a self employed
So,
The Welcome letter can be used to show that the business is registered with HMRC and hence it proves that the business is a UK business

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:57 pm

cappachino wrote:
zimba88 wrote:In that case, you need to submit the welcome letter from HRMC when you registered as a self employed
So,
The Welcome letter can be used to show that the business is registered with HMRC and hence it proves that the business is a UK business
Yes, I guess it is written with company directors in mind to be honest. Self employed individuals technically have no business entity. I say the wording should have been 'being registered in the UK with HMRC as a self employed person' instead. The bottom line is that the welcome letter will do the job

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:06 pm

zimba88 wrote:
cappachino wrote:
So,
Yes, I guess it is written with company directors in mind to be honest. Self employed individuals technically have no business entity. I say the wording should have been 'being registered in the UK with HMRC as a self employed person' instead. The bottom line is that the welcome letter will do the job
THANKS