ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS Allocation process time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srick
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS Allocation process time

Post by srick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi,

My Visa expires 24th October 2016 in two weeks time. I have finished already 3 years on Tier 2 General VISA sponsored my current company. Now the current company forget to request the allocation to create a COS for me before april. They have requested to allocate on October 7th 2016 only.

How long will it take them to get a reply from UKBA to assign a COS for me before my VISA expires.

What are the chances I got now?

I would be really grateful if someone telling me the options to continue staying here.

Thank you very much in advance

Sri

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Unrestricted COS Allocation process time

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:28 pm

they need to send email and call them daily.. send a copy of your current visa to them in email telling that it is expiring soon, hence need new allocation.
It takes between 2 days to 2 week.. however, currently taking longer. make sure they call every day till they get it.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi Srick,

I have same issue, We basically were creating a new Unrestricted COS for my extension and when we were about to assign we encounter an error saying "we didn't have COS allocated". Therefore, we submitted for 1 COS Allocation. It didn't show me anything like pending or Done (Don't know if it notifies you). It just came as "Outstanding COS Allocation" something like that. with 1 Allocation and date.

Does anyone have information on this.

Srick, do let us know if you have any news and I will notify in detail if I get answers.

Regards,
dragon

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply. My HR sent an email to the Home Office already but no reply so far. I will update this post if I get any luck.

If I don't get the cos allocation before 24th of this month, what are my options? I have been here since 2010 and completed 3 years in Tier2 general visa. This is my last two years before apply ILR.

If I go back to my country then what are the chances of getting ILR If i get a chance to back here. How many days I can be there out from UK?

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:40 pm

if you leave the uk, u have to serve 1 year cooling off period and cant come back within that time. All routes to ilr will then have to restart.
Even if it doesnt come till 24, u can still apply within 28 days of your visa expiry date and u will not be classed as over-stayer.
Keep asking hr to make regular calls and emails.

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks iworker.

Does that mean I have to send my application before 24th to UKBA or I can send after my current visa expiration? Can I send my application without a COS instead adding a cover letter from my HR will help my case?

Thank you very much
Sri

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Srick and iworker,

I just did some reading and it says that this year 2016, the COS allocation should have been applied before april or else they would need to wait for april 2017 to get renewed again.

Is that true or can employer still request for COS allocation and get it approved.

http://smithstonewalters.com/2016/03/03 ... ation-now/
http://www.fergusonsnell.com/news/uk-im ... reminders/

Can someone please advise if COS Allocation can be still made or if there is anyway.

Regards,
dragon

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:18 pm

you cant send your application without cos.. all applicaitons are done online, and till u fill your cos number in, you wont be able to see the next screen.
It just means u can apply up to 28 days after your expiry date and you are still fine.
@draon, stop hijacking posts.

cos for the next years is applied in feb for april to april. However, more can be requested during the year as well.

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Thanks iworker. I will keep posted if I do any progress.

Many thanks

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:44 am

Hi Srick,

First of all, I wasn't trying to hijack your post.

I have been researching a lot and found out that you can still get UCoS allocation but you need to ask your HR to call and email them stating your VISA is going to expire and tell them that you need allocation right away.

Telephone: 0300 123 4699
Email: businesshelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hope you get UCoS soon as I am in same boat, my UCoS allocation request was made on 11th OCT 2016.

Hope you can keep me posted with your process.

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:56 am

Thanks Dragon,

When is your visa expires? My HR didn't get any response from Homeoffice yet.

Regards

Sri

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi Srick,

My visa expires in 7th of JAN 2017 but I am traveling in 2nd of Dec till 30th. And I wanted to sort everything out before traveling.

My HR made request on 11th of OCT and She called UKVI yesterday and guess what they're saying it will take 18 weeks for allocation. However, I told my HR to keep calling them and send email after a week or 2.

Because your visa expires soon, please ask your HR to call and email them everyday and you need to ask your HR to check SMS everyday because you don't get notified if they allocated COS. Hope you get COS soon.

In my scenario, It has been only 2 days so let's see what happens. I will keep you posted with my activity and if you could do so please do update me. Really stressed out.

Regards

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Srick,

Any news, did you get your COS?

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi dragon,

Not yet. My HR sent an email to homeoffice three days before. She said "Yesterday I received a message that they would try to expedite our request, but that they could not guarantee anything. I have not heard anything so far today. I will keep you updated and will continue to chase.".

So worrying and expecting any good to happen.

Regards

Sri

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Good stuff srick,

I hope you get it soon and like iworker mentioned you still have 28 days after your visa expire therefore, let's hope for the best and hope you get your COS soon.

And please do make sure your everything is correct in your "COS" and your "Application form" because this will be the last chance.

I'll update you if anything happens.

Cheers.

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi iworker and dragon,

I spoke about the 28 days grace period with my HR and she replied the following:

I have spoken with our advisor regarding the 28 day grace period and the information seems to suggest that this relates to the extension of time to apply for a Visa, whereas we are waiting for a new certificate rather than making an application for the Visa. We believe you need to check the position out with an immigration adviser if you are using one before relying on the 28 days to stay.

Is that true?

Thanks

Sri

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Sri,

I cannot advise 100% if they are right or not but hopefully senior moderator can comment on it.

But as far as I understand you have 28 days to apply for a visa and that's exactly what you're doing. You're waiting for your COS and as soon as your COS comes you will apply for visa (extension).

I hope I am not wrong that's what I understood from my research and reading.

srick
Newly Registered

Post by srick » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi dragon,

Good news :-)

My HR called me(sunday) and said she got reply from Home office to let my company to create and assign COS for me. I can't believe the cos allocated before my last day.

So, My company requested on October 7th and got successful reply 22nd of October. Ofcourse inbetween My HR called and sent plenty of emails to HOME OFFICE to made it happen.

So good luck for your visa and am sure you will get sorted out everything before the deadline.

Thanks @iworker for the suggestions which gave me a boost and confidence.

All the best.

Sri

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi Srick,

I am very happy to hear that and best of luck.

And thanks for updating, Please do reply and let me know if you get your visa done.

My HR hasn't made any calls yet but she said she will start after it is 2 weeks and 2 weeks will be on tuesday 25th OCT.

can you tell me what did your HR actually write in his/her emails.

Regards,
dragon

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 am

Mine took exactly 4 weeks!

Here is our timeline:
requested - Tuesday 27th September
Cos allocation granted - Tuesday 25 October

I would say ATM its about 4 weeks on average for an allocation. Good luck to everyone else getting one.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:41 am

Hi Hopeforall9,

First of all, Congrats and good luck for future.

can you please tell me in meantime within those 4 weeks did your HR make frequent calls and send email.

Mine has been 2 weeks and still waiting.

Thanks.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:18 am

we actually didn't call or email them at all. The only thing we did was just log in everyday and look to see if the allocation appeared at the bottom of the Licence Summary. Our request was approved today (although we did not receive an email about it, so be sure to log in to view the request), so hopefully yours will come soon. Although it can't hurt to email and call them, especially since you said you will be traveling right before the visa expires.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:32 am

Thanks for your help hopeforall9,

One last question, when is your visa actually expiring?

And All the best man

Take care.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Mine isn't expiring until February (will be doing my extension app early November cause of the 3 months prior rule). But i am however doing my extension early because of the holidays and travel with work at the beginning of the year, which somewhat similar to your situation.

Although we didn't say anything about that in the request, just that we need to renew our Cos Allocation due to my extension coming up.

Are you planning to the the premium or priority service? Im going to be doing priority service, but i would recommend you do one of these if you need the visa to arrive by a certain time (just a suggestion if you havent already thought about it).

Best of luck!

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi,

Yes, I am planning to do 1 day priority service.

Anyways, thanks for all your help and Good luck

Regards,
dragon