ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Extension with different SOC code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bhed
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) Extension with different SOC code

Post by Bhed » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Hello All,
I am working in UK with Tier-2 (General) visa since November 2013. My current visa is expiring in December 2016 hence I need to apply for extension of my current visa. While issuing the COS for the previous application my employer had used SOC 2126 (Design and Development engineer). While assigning new COS for extension application my employer realised that SOC code 2127 (Process and production engineer) is more appropriate for my job role hence my employer has assigned a new COS with SOC code. 2127 While my job role has not changed much,Can change in SOC code from previous COS cause a problem in visa approval? SOC code 2127 which is more relevant to my job role is in shortage of occupation list,

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 (General) Extension with different SOC code

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:14 pm

Normally, change of SOC code means RLMT needs to be conducted and you will be treated as a new applicant. However, since your new SOC code is in shortage occupation list, the sponsor is exempted from conducting RLMT. However, you will still be treated as a new applicant i.e. it will be a switch application and not an extension application. As long as your sponsor can provide justification about your responsibilities to UKVI (if asked), it should be fine.

shuaibmammu
Newly Registered

Post by shuaibmammu » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:47 pm

@moonlight - Since its a new application for a different SOC code, which salary should he be looking for ? New Entrant or experienced?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Experienced

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:15 pm

HI guys,

Hoping someone can clarify this for us (we did call the helpline about this, and got a weirdly mixed answer to this). I will be doing my extension soon and when it comes to the the RLMT , we are a little unsure of what to put in the text box.

This is what they put on my initial Tier 2 application (PSW to Tier 2):
' Post study work visa holders are exempt from RLMT'

With the extension coming up, HR wants to put this so will and is unsure if this will be satisfactory:
'Application is currently a Tier 2 visa holder and is extending in the same role within our organisation, therefore is exempt from RLMT'

Is that alright for them to put or should we put something else? Or, does that box even appear if you choose the option of extension?

Thank you

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:10 pm

hopeforall9 wrote:
With the extension coming up, HR wants to put this so will and is unsure if this will be satisfactory:
'Application is currently a Tier 2 visa holder and is extending in the same role within our organisation, therefore is exempt from RLMT'

Is that alright for them to put or should we put something else? Or, does that box even appear if you choose the option of extension?

Thank you
That's similar to what my boss wrote in the box for me. But maybe put "applicant" instead of "application". :wink:

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:56 pm

[quote="ShrutiBlue"][quote="hopeforall9"]

Thank you[/quote]

That's similar to what my boss wrote in the box for me. But maybe put "applicant" instead of "application". :wink:[/quote]

awesome, thank you :D

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 pm

ShrutiBlue wrote:
hopeforall9 wrote:

Thank you
That's similar to what my boss wrote in the box for me. But maybe put "applicant" instead of "application". :wink:

you can just make this easy for yourself by asking your HR to use the same code as in your current visa. Changing the code does not add anything to you in terms of salary or task.