ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by imi99999 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:43 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hi All,
My wife is applying SET(LR) Same day service.
Question: Do I need to fill up Payment Sheet of the form as I have already paid online full Payment ?
Question: My wife never worked on spouse depandant visa, is it worth taking my P60's with bank statement ?
A swift reply will be appreciated.
NOTE: Going same day service in Croydon
Add Up More:
Is my Marriage Certificate from Nadra Pakistan, English and Urdu, Acceptable?

bandesha10

Post by bandesha10 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Mikal82 wrote:
Tvkumar wrote:Hi all,
I need some advice please. I am hoping I will get a response this time as none of my previous requests had any response.
I am going for PEO appointment on 2nd Nov 2016 for SET (LR) visa.
My problem is between May 2013 and July 2014 I went through an appeal process and won at first tier tribunal. I dont have any visa stamp or residence permit card showing my proof of stay during this appeal process.
I appealed via solicitor and all the appeals were in time and were never over deadlines.
What proof do I show for this? Do they need proof for this at HO? I have the "Notice of Decision" from First Tier tribunal judge confirming the outcome of my appeal.
Please can anybody suggest.

Regards
Wat i think is write evrything in your covering letter about all ur visa history including this appeal process details and attach a copy of that decision ,ull be fine if 10 years are not broken in case.I think nothing to worry about HO has their own data as well so thy gonna double chk it.
(Its not a professional advice i m also a member here)
Cheers
Hi
Your all record is with HO. once case worker put your reference ID in their system they can see all your immigration record, Either you mention in your cover letter or not doesn't make any difference. But for your own satisfaction you can write a cover a letter.
Good luck

Jamestewart1
Newly Registered

Post by Jamestewart1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi
I need urgent advice!!!
I have been in the UK for 11 years now. I have an appeal pending on 3rd nov 2016. However i have booked my appointment to make a new application (set LR) this week. Could you please suggest should i withdraw my appeal before the appointment day or instruct my solicitor to withdraw the same day? As my solicitor has adviced to fax it the same day when the caseworker asks to withdraw it.
Please please advice asap.

jainsumeet
Newly Registered

Post by jainsumeet » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Dear All,

My wife and I are applying separately for Long Residence ILR. She has a degree from a British University which she will use to show the English requirement. However, we don't have the original transcript and degree certificate with us. The University can't issue a new transcript in time for our appointment, however they have produced a customized 'letter of award' with details of the degree and the fact that it was conducted in English. Does anyone have any sense if this will be sufficient? Or should we postpone and await the transcript?

Best wishes,
Sumeet Jain

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi everyone, I got my ILR (10 years long residence) today at PEO Croydon. My history is straightforward so I was confident of no issues. Thanks for all the info on this site.

I will now apply for Citizenship next week via NCS as married to a British citizen.

Details:

1. Category. SET(LR)
2. Number of dependents. None
3. Total cost. £2375 aka daylight robbery!
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
All originals only:
a) Passports (old + current)
b) 2x pictures
c) Form
d) Checklist/online payment sheet
e) Life in UK pass letter
f) Masters degree certificate
g) Days out of UK excel calculation sheet
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. No
7. Any Additional Comments.
Major roadworks in front of PEO so pedestrian crossings are far away as subway closed and traffic can clog up. Bear in mind if driving there. My appointment was at 9.20 but I only reached at 9.30 which wasn't an issue. As soon as I went to reception at 9.40ish I was called for case registration and then immediately for biometrics i.e. by 10am I was waiting for case outcome! It took a while and got my decision at 12.15pm. No questions were asked of me at any point.

Mikal82

Post by Mikal82 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi

Congrats and thanks for the.update.Could u plz tell us that wat was your last visa u extended from?

Many tyanks

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:00 pm

Mikal82 wrote:Hi

Congrats and thanks for the.update.Could u plz tell us that wat was your last visa u extended from?

Many tyanks
Cheers! I was on spouse FLR(M) which I only got in Feb, but since I completed 10 years I could switch to ILR so early into it.

KT316
Newly Registered

Post by KT316 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions and really hope any of you could help. Firstly, my visa history is as follows:

Sept 2006 - March 2010 - 2 student visas
March 2010 - March 2012 - PSW
March 20012 - April 2017 - 4 Tier 2 visas

So, the issue is I cannot find scan/photo copies of a couple of the previous BRP cards (1 student & 2 Tier 2) I held. I have contacted my previous employer and University to find out if they would have this information on their files. I didn't see any section in the application requesting this information however is there a need for me to provide this information in the cover letter? I would assume that HO would have my file which should have all this information but is it still necessary for me to provide this? I have the 2 passports I held in the last 10 years and current BRP. Will this suffice?

Is the timeline for response the same irrespective of which PEO you attend? I wanted to submit at Croydon however they have got no dates for the next 42 days but Sheffield has dates.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

The application form mentions other supporting documents, I did

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:10 am

KT316 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions and really hope any of you could help. Firstly, my visa history is as follows:

Sept 2006 - March 2010 - 2 student visas
March 2010 - March 2012 - PSW
March 20012 - April 2017 - 4 Tier 2 visas

So, the issue is I cannot find scan/photo copies of a couple of the previous BRP cards (1 student & 2 Tier 2) I held. I have contacted my previous employer and University to find out if they would have this information on their files. I didn't see any section in the application requesting this information however is there a need for me to provide this information in the cover letter? I would assume that HO would have my file which should have all this information but is it still necessary for me to provide this? I have the 2 passports I held in the last 10 years and current BRP. Will this suffice?

Is the timeline for response the same irrespective of which PEO you attend? I wanted to submit at Croydon however they have got no dates for the next 42 days but Sheffield has dates.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

The application form mentions other supporting documents, I did
Ukvi have your record and they are able to see your immigration history so it is not necessary. However, you need to provide all passports you held during your time in the UK and current BRP. All PEO will take same time and it is on case worker.

KT316
Newly Registered

Post by KT316 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:09 am

Thanks KhanNW.

Do you think UKVI will give me this information if I ring them? I got news from my university that they didn't keep copies of student visas in 2008 so can't get that information from them however hopeful that my previous employer would have the details for the Tier 2 visas.

The issue is that I don't have the dates of when I held each of the visas. Do applicants tend to provide this details in the cover letter?

Many thanks again to the lot!

KT

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:43 am

KT you don't need to provide all your previous visas etc. copies to UKVI! This is not a requirement and they are the issuing authority so they obviously have all this information on your records. I had many visas too but got my ILR just yesterday without providing details or copies of my previous visas.

Just give your passports and supporting documents.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:27 am

Hi
My other half is in a same scenario. On FLR(M) since May 2015. Applying for SET(LR) at Croydon PEO. and as i got my Passport this year. She will be applying for Naturalization straight after.
If you could please update the date you receive BRP as I want to book NCS Wandsworth ASAP.
also please tell me if you drive there and where did you Park.
Shame!! I was a bus driver in Croydon for 5 years and now control buses in Croydon but have very limited knowledge.
cyborg001 wrote:Hi everyone, I got my ILR (10 years long residence) today at PEO Croydon. My history is straightforward so I was confident of no issues. Thanks for all the info on this site.

I will now apply for Citizenship next week via NCS as married to a British citizen.

Details:

1. Category. SET(LR)
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
All originals only:
b) 2x pictures
c) Form
Major roadworks in front of PEO so pedestrian crossings are far away as subway closed and traffic can clog up. Bear in mind if driving there. My appointment was at 9.20 but I only reached at 9.30 which wasn't an issue. As soon as I went to reception at 9.40ish I was called for case registration and then immediately for biometrics i.e. by 10am I was waiting for case outcome! It took a while and got my decision at 12.15pm. No questions were asked of me at any point.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:42 am

Advice needed
Applying for my 2 minor daughters on SET(LR) as they spend 10 years in UK. They are aged 13 and 12 now. One Parent British National and Other Applying for SET(LR) same day at Croydon PEO.
Filling Form if some one can Help with Following questions.

Page No 23 (Daughter's application)
Question 1: Section 3 - Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
As they are minor(Under 16) this section doesn't apply so do I need to mention N/A or leave it Blank.

Page No 26(Daughters Application)
Question 2: Section 5 - Consent for The Home Office to Request Verification Checks
"documentation that I have supplied to the Home Office from a bank or utility company is correct."

As they are minor and have no bank account or Utility bills on their name, do I need to name and sign and date at the bottom or just mention N/A

Page No 27 (For My wife's Application)
Question 3:If the account with the bank or utility company is in the joint names of the applicant and
other people, each of those others should sign the following declaration :

At the Bottom of this page it ask for the Name and Address of the applicant and Sign and Date.

My Assumption is that it is asking the name and address of Joint Account Holder and Sign and date.(Not the applicant)

Your assistance will be appreciated.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:31 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hi
My other half is in a same scenario. On FLR(M) since May 2015. Applying for SET(LR) at Croydon PEO. and as i got my Passport this year. She will be applying for Naturalization straight after.
If you could please update the date you receive BRP as I want to book NCS Wandsworth ASAP.
Shame!! I was a bus driver in Croydon for 5 years and now control buses in Croydon but have very limited knowledge.
Haha happens to the best of us! I'm hoping my BRP arrives this week as my appointment is next Saturday at H&F council. They say 7-10 days so should be OK. Parking is very easy, Whitgift mall NCP car park literally just across the road.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Answers in-line below.
imi99999 wrote:Advice needed
Applying for my 2 minor daughters on SET(LR) as they spend 10 years in UK. They are aged 13 and 12 now. One Parent British National and Other Applying for SET(LR) same day at Croydon PEO.
Filling Form if some one can Help with Following questions.

Page No 23 (Daughter's application)
Question 1: Section 3 - Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
As they are minor(Under 16) this section doesn't apply so do I need to mention N/A or leave it Blank.
Just write 'N/A as minors'

Page No 26(Daughters Application)
Question 2: Section 5 - Consent for The Home Office to Request Verification Checks
"documentation that I have supplied to the Home Office from a bank or utility company is correct."

As they are minor and have no bank account or Utility bills on their name, do I need to name and sign and date at the bottom or just mention N/A
No need if not supplying any bank statements. I didn't and left this declaration blank.

Page No 27 (For My wife's Application)
Question 3:If the account with the bank or utility company is in the joint names of the applicant and
other people, each of those others should sign the following declaration :

At the Bottom of this page it ask for the Name and Address of the applicant and Sign and Date.

My Assumption is that it is asking the name and address of Joint Account Holder and Sign and date.(Not the applicant)
Yes, for LR applications you don't need any bank statements so if not supplying leave it blank.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Have a faith
Newly Registered

Post by Have a faith » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well

Need some advise. I applied for SET (LR) on 01st Sep 2016.
Payment taken by HO on 05th Sep 2016
Bio-metric received and done 12/09/2016

Now on 10/10/2016 received the following email

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible."

Has any one had this experience? Is it a standard practice? What does this mean?
Please share your experience.

Many thanks

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Have a faith wrote:Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well

Need some advise. I applied for SET (LR) on 01st Sep 2016.
Payment taken by HO on 05th Sep 2016
Bio-metric received and done 12/09/2016

Now on 10/10/2016 received the following email

"We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible."

Has any one had this experience? Is it a standard practice? What does this mean?
Please share your experience.

Many thanks

Standard reply as now under consideration. Just wait and watch, nothing to worry.

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Post by Saman.NJ » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Hello,

I was just reading through the posts and noticed yours, wonder if you or anyone can help?

My wife has just got her British passport (after ILR 10 years and 12 months naturalisation) and I've just applied for my ILR (10 years). We've been living together in the UK for 10 years. Based on your post, can I also apply for naturlisation/British passport immediately after getting ILR? can you direct me to the right guidelines?

Thanks,
cyborg001 wrote:Hi everyone, I got my ILR (10 years long residence) today at PEO Croydon. My history is straightforward so I was confident of no issues. Thanks for all the info on this site.

Details:

1. Category. SET(LR)
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
All originals only:
b) 2x pictures
c) Form

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi
Your spouse needs to be British and you can apply as Spouse of UK British National with 3 years residency. In your case and in my case as well, soon you have ILR. Send your naturalization application
Saman.NJ wrote:Hello,

I was just reading through the posts and noticed yours, wonder if you or anyone can help?

My wife has just got her British passport (after ILR 10 years and 12 months naturalisation) and I've just applied for my ILR (10 years). We've been living together in the UK for 10 years. Based on your post, can I also apply for naturlisation/British passport immediately after getting ILR? can you direct me to the right guidelines?

Thanks,

Details:

1. Category. SET(LR)
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
All originals only:
b) 2x pictures
c) Form

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Post by Saman.NJ » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks. That's great news :) :) . Yes as I said she got her citizenship about a month ago. Do you know of any document/guideline that I can read further and be certain about this? Is there any premium service for naturalisation service as well?

Thanks in advance :D
Your spouse needs to be British and you can apply as Spouse of UK British National with 3 years residency. In your case and in my case as well, soon you have ILR. Send your naturalization application
Saman.NJ wrote:Hello,

Thanks,
My other half is in a same scenario. On FLR(M) since May 2015. Applying for SET(LR).....[/b]
[/quote]

fnoman786

Post by fnoman786 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:58 am

Hello My Friends,

I have a question with regards to my wife's application for 10 years lawful residence. She arrived in the UK in Jan 2006 and constantly she's getting dependent's visa through out the course of period up until 2009 as being my dependent my PSW visa was curtailed as well as her visa was curtailed as well, this is was due to a deception on my application (which I could not justify due to not having enough evidence) we had to go through number of appeals and hearings and few appeals were granted as well luckily HO decided later in 2014 (after 5 years of appeals) our family was granted with the discretionary leave under route to settlement (10 years one, 30 months). I have 2 kids agred 10 and 7 born here in the UK as well.

My questions are:
1- Would she write that she used deception on her application? as deception was on my application but she was my dependent.
2- All this period would it count towards her lawful residence? as we were went through number of appeals and hearings we were never over stayed.

I would really appreciate your early reply, I did spoke to the barrister about this situation but he was unaware as well.

Please guys! help me out here.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards,

sajid_016
Newly Registered

Post by sajid_016 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Just need a quick advice plz. Came to UK 01st Oct 2006, applied set lr on 10 years basis on 10th July (last visa TIER-I Gen exp 12th july) but 10 years completing 01 oct. I missed couple of biometrics n done my biometric on 27th Sep. Now as I can legally apply for Set lr my solicitor asked me to post a new Set lr with new fees saying, Once it will be acknowledged we can withdraw first application.
Posted 2nd Set LR on 8th Sep with fees (Deducted after a week) and getting Biometric letter for this application which I am ignoring.
Wrong advice from lawyer has messed up my case. Was I covered under 3C for the gap with first SET LR application. Was there any need of sending 2nd application with new fees? Can I withdraw 2nd application if I am covered under 3C? Will I get fees back?
What would you suggest?

regards

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 pm

there was no need for 2nd set lr, u shld have gone throg with 1st one, but i wonderhowcome 2 same application in process, when u have 1 pending application , u can vary with diferent on like flr to set lr, but u did from set lr to set lr.
but anyway u were covered by 3c,as long as u made in time 1st application.

can u pls tell me how many times home office sent u biometric reminder, and did u email them to get reminder bio letter or they sent it byself??
as i am in same situation.
thx
sajid_016 wrote:Just need a quick advice plz. Came to UK 01st Oct 2006, applied set lr on 10 years basis on 10th July (last visa TIER-I Gen exp 12th july) but 10 years completing 01 oct. I missed couple of biometrics n done my biometric on 27th Sep. Now as I can legally apply for Set lr my solicitor asked me to post a new Set lr with new fees saying, Once it will be acknowledged we can withdraw first application.
Posted 2nd Set LR on 8th Sep with fees (Deducted after a week) and getting Biometric letter for this application which I am ignoring.
Wrong advice from lawyer has messed up my case. Was I covered under 3C for the gap with first SET LR application. Was there any need of sending 2nd application with new fees? Can I withdraw 2nd application if I am covered under 3C? Will I get fees back?
What would you suggest?

regards
Last edited by paru.org on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:25 pm

sajid_016 wrote:Just need a quick advice plz. Came to UK 01st Oct 2006, applied set lr on 10 years basis on 10th July (last visa TIER-I Gen exp 12th july) but 10 years completing 01 oct. I missed couple of biometrics n done my biometric on 27th Sep. Now as I can legally apply for Set lr my solicitor asked me to post a new Set lr with new fees saying, Once it will be acknowledged we can withdraw first application.
What would you suggest?

regards
there was no need for 2nd set lr, u shld have gone throg with 1st one, but i wonderhowcome 2 same application in process, when u have 1 pending application , u can vary with diferent on like flr to set lr, but u did from set lr to set lr.
but anyway u were covered by 3c,as long as u made in time 1st application.

can u pls tell me how many times home office sent u biometric reminder, and did u email them to get reminder bio letter or they sent it byself??
as i am in same situation.
thx

fnoman786

Post by fnoman786 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:24 am

fnoman786 wrote:Hello My Friends,

I have a question with regards to my wife's application for 10 years lawful residence. She arrived in the UK in Jan 2006 and constantly she's getting dependent's visa through out the course of period up until 2009 as being my dependent my PSW visa was curtailed as well as her visa was curtailed as well, this is was due to a deception on my application (which I could not justify due to not having enough evidence) we had to go through number of appeals and hearings and few appeals were granted as well luckily HO decided later in 2014 (after 5 years of appeals) our family was granted with the discretionary leave under route to settlement (10 years one, 30 months). I have 2 kids agred 10 and 7 born here in the UK as well.

My questions are:
1- Would she write that she used deception on her application? as deception was on my application but she was my dependent.
2- All this period would it count towards her lawful residence? as we were went through number of appeals and hearings we were never over stayed.

I would really appreciate your early reply, I did spoke to the barrister about this situation but he was unaware as well.

Please guys! help me out here.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards,
I'm still waiting for a response. Please HELP!