ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alibahi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by alibahi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:01 pm

devi2211 wrote:
Titou25 wrote:
devi2211 wrote:Hi Titou25,

I have applied on 25 April and submitted bio metrics on 20th May and waiting,..

Thanks
Devi
I have applied on 22 and still waiting :(

Hi Titou25,

Any update on your application?
As I have received a letter today from UKVI saying that they need some more time to process my appliaction.

Thanks
Hi
I also applied on 25th April and bio-metric on 20th May so for no news still waiting

devi2211

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by devi2211 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Alibahi,

Do you have any self employment income in your visa(initial or in extension or now)?
If yes, any amendments?

Thanks

Titou25
Newly Registered

Post by Titou25 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi devi2211
I didn't receive any update im still waiting and waiting .... :( :cry:

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:16 pm

devi2211 wrote:
Titou25 wrote:
devi2211 wrote:Hi Titou25,

I have applied on 25 April and submitted bio metrics on 20th May and waiting,..

Thanks
Devi
I have applied on 22 and still waiting :(

Hi Titou25,

As I have received a letter today from UKVI saying that they need some more time to process my appliaction.

Thanks
I applied on 30th April, Biometrics done 11th May, still waiting, no contact from UKBA so far

TheStruggleIsOver
Newly Registered

Post by TheStruggleIsOver » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 am

Hello been watching over this forum for some time and just made an account to update you with my good news. I have received my indefinite leave. Mother just delivered the news (lawyer called to tell us this morning).

I will hopefully update with more specific/accurate dates as I am currently at university.

We sent our application on: 05/05/16
We received our letter for biometrics and another letter about additional circumstances on 17/06/16,which the lawyer seemed worried about. It instructed us to fill in any additional grounds that we may have missed on the application - we had nothing to add so we sent it with no further additional grounds. Our biometrics and the aforementioned letter was sent off on 21/06/16

We finally received the good news of being granted indefinite on 03/10/16, I will hopefully be able to update with more specific dates and details in the near future. Just wanted to post so other know that May applicants are starting to receive the good news, so good luck everyone.

God is good!

nasir639

Post by nasir639 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:23 pm

shahmir wrote:This is unbelievable. 6 months waiting even after interview. They're so unfair. Taking fee of a highest level. These fees do not match or come closer to any same sort of service in the UK or Europe. Whereas the service level and delays also not this poor in anything else. Is their any body in the UK who could look at this. Can anyone not take notice. Are these caseworkers free to do whatever they want to. Can we complain to ombudsman? Coz I think that's where one should complain if a department is dealing unfairly. Is there any way all effected people could get together and act jointly? Honestly we should come out againt this. Otherwise they'll never stop. This is emotional blackmailing. They know we came from various countries. They know we have families back home who may need us anytime in emergencies. But they don't bother and keep passports for months and years and if you need it for emergency travel then too they take several days to return and also your application is considered as withdrawn. Means your clock has stopped. Now get new visa from your country. And if your parents decide to visit you here, they are just taking visa fee and handing over refusals to them too. Even those being refused who have previously visited UK for four to five times and always left coutry on time without doing anything illegal. Also they have removed right of appeal for them. Means they're decision makers and they are acting like courts themselves with ARs only.

People argue that this is their coutry. I understand this is their country. But according to economic policies of their own country, they introduced us their points based migration program and we fulfilled their criteria. We have sold properties back home to settle here. We paid fees which are nowhere in other departments for any services. We didn't enter this country through hidden route. We came through proper chanel exactly as they wanted us to. We paid our role which they expected. We didn't take a penny from benefits as they wanted. We were not criminals so have clear records. We paid massive taxes to meet their requirements. What else now?

Waiting, waiting and waiting? They're just looters. Their forefathers looted us by entering in the name of trade. Now they enter only in oil rich countries along with their alliances. But since they found we can be used as cheap labour for their economy, they initiated programs for us. They have used us well. Now the message is simple. "You have paid taxes and fee. Thankyou! But now leave"

We should get together to stop this. Unfortunately all of us want others to go out for our rights. But we must understand that we should do it for ourselves and for our children. And we must do NOW. A thousand people should go outside parliament, once or twice, to raise this unjust. Their justice system is not bad. But we have to come out with louder voice to tell the media that we are also human beings but are being treated very badly. Please come out. We should discuss this to initiate a campaign. Please!

Very well said. Can't agree with you more!

espérer
Newly Registered

Post by espérer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:36 pm

strada wrote:
omokehinde wrote:
omokehinde wrote:Hello all,

Below is my application details;

Category ILR / Tier 1 / 5 year route
No of applicants Main + 1 Dep
Applied 3rd Feb 2016
Delivered 4th Feb 2016
Fee taken 8th Feb 2016
Biometric letter 10th Feb 2016
Biometric submitted 12th Feb 2016
No email or letter confirmation afterwards.

Still waiting. Do you think its a good time to call up customer to find out why the delay? :?
So i just called the HO customer care to get a status update. I was informed that "No decision has been made" and that i should get a letter advicing me that the application has passed service time.

Has anyone experienced this? what should be my next line of action?
Hi Omokehinde,

What's the update on your application? Mine is now going 7 months
Hi strada,
Any update on ur application?
It's been 6 months today on mine and from the posts it looks like we won't be able to know when they take the decision, is there anything we can do?

strada

Post by strada » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Esperer,

Still no update on my application. It's now 7 months 2 weeks since I applied. I am a loss as to what to do as well. I thought of the fast track option available for £400. But after all these times of waiting, not really sure what to do. Have you tried call them and did you do tax amendment?

espérer
Newly Registered

Post by espérer » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:34 am

strada wrote:Hi Esperer,

Still no update on my application. It's now 7 months 2 weeks since I applied. I am a loss as to what to do as well. I thought of the fast track option available for £400. But after all these times of waiting, not really sure what to do. Have you tried call them and did you do tax amendment?
Hi Strada,
I haven't called them as I thought they ll answer the same as I read on the posts that we can't give a time and I'm expecting a letter to say they will take more time.

When did u get that letter? Before or after the 6 months finished?
Do you mean the premium upgrade? We applied for it and got rejected as they said it's already under processing.

Yes we did tax amendment.

SRSmith
Newly Registered

Post by SRSmith » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I have applied for my son on SET(F) by premium service on the 18/04/2016, they didn't interview us made us wait for 5 hours on that particular day but called us and gave us a letter saying that they need to make additional inquiries. I waited for four months and approached my local MP who wrote to them and they replied saying it s still under process and the inquiries haven't been done yet.I wrote to them twice as my son uni has already started and the 14/10/16 is his last day of enrollment if not he will miss a whole year, thee uni wants to see his passport before they can offer him the course. I'm so desperate i don't know who to go to. :| :| any advice for me please.?????

strada

Post by strada » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:51 am

espérer wrote:

Hi Strada,
I haven't called them as I thought they ll answer the same as I read on the posts that we can't give a time and I'm expecting a letter to say they will take more time.

Do you mean the premium upgrade? We applied for it and got rejected as they said it's already under processing.

Hi Espirer,

I never got a letter form them, I only called them after 6 months. The upgrade I meant is the link below. Is it the same one you used.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application

strada

Post by strada » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:01 am

SRSmith wrote:Hello everyone,
I have applied for my son on SET(F) by premium service on the 18/04/2016, they didn't interview us made us wait for 5 hours on that particular day but called us and gave us a letter saying that they need to make additional inquiries. I waited for four months and approached my local MP who wrote to them and they replied saying it s still under process and the inquiries haven't been done yet.I wrote to them twice as my son uni has already started and the 14/10/16 is his last day of enrollment if not he will miss a whole year, thee uni wants to see his passport before they can offer him the course. I'm so desperate i don't know who to go to. :| :| any advice for me please.?????

Hi SRSmith,

I understand your predicament, but unfortunately the Home office don't care about us that much to consider that these Passport can be needed at any point in time. I believe the Biometric information letter should be sufficient to show the Uni and the Uni can make their enquiries. Am sure they have had other cases like that. Even at my work when they asked I showed it to them and that was it. We are Foreigners and at some point, we will need to submit our passport to the home office and they should understand

kash_zia
Newly Registered

Post by kash_zia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:17 pm

TheStruggleIsOver wrote:Hello been watching over this forum for some time and just made an account to update you with my good news. I have received my indefinite leave. Mother just delivered the news (lawyer called to tell us this morning).

I will hopefully update with more specific/accurate dates as I am currently at university.

We sent our application on: 05/05/16
We received our letter for biometrics and another letter about additional circumstances on 17/06/16,which the lawyer seemed worried about. It instructed us to fill in any additional grounds that we may have missed on the application - we had nothing to add so we sent it with no further additional grounds. Our biometrics and the aforementioned letter was sent off on 21/06/16

We finally received the good news of being granted indefinite on 03/10/16, I will hopefully be able to update with more specific dates and details in the near future. Just wanted to post so other know that May applicants are starting to receive the good news, so good luck everyone.

God is good!
Hi @TheStruggleIsOver Congratulations. Did you already receive the passport, BRP and documents back?

Has anyone else who has applied in May,2016 received response yet?

I applied on 13th of May,2016 (5 year route from Tier1 to ILR)
Biometrics done on 28th of May,2016
On 19th September,2016 I tried to upgrade my application to premium, but received reply the same day that my application was not eligible for upgrade and will continue to be processed in postal route.
No update since then...
i also wrote a letter to the case worker last month but did not receive any response.

I read in this forum that upgrade to premium service is rejected once the processing has already started in normal postal route, whats the source of this information?

Regards,
Kash

kash_zia
Newly Registered

Post by kash_zia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Some one told me that the documents and visa + BRP are usually posted on Thursday/Friday and we receive them on Friday/Saturday. This means that there is no chance to get any reply during the week from Monday to Thursday...

Can any of you guys who have received response confirm this information as well?

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Dear Kash,

I have got the same message when I applied for the premium upgrade and the message was from the premium upgrade team. I don't think that it didn't seem that the rejection was due to my application in the process of being decided since my application has been approved more than 2 months after I made the premium upgrade application.

kash_zia
Newly Registered

Post by kash_zia » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:36 am

shark118 wrote:Dear Kash,

I have got the same message when I applied for the premium upgrade and the message was from the premium upgrade team. I don't think that it didn't seem that the rejection was due to my application in the process of being decided since my application has been approved more than 2 months after I made the premium upgrade application.
thanks @shark118.

Can you share on which day did you receive Passport and BRP as well? Someone suggested that the docs are posted only on Thursday/Friday to be received on Friday/Saturday.

shark118
Newly Registered

Post by shark118 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:27 pm

kash_zia wrote:

thanks @shark118.

Can you share on which day did you receive Passport and BRP as well? Someone suggested that the docs are posted only on Thursday/Friday to be received on Friday/Saturday.
Kash,
My application has been approved on Tue and arrived on Wed but my case wasn't normal as I have requested an early decision due to family emergency. However, I've heard from my friend he's received his documents on Mon.

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:13 am

Hi Titou25, shanybaba1974, Alibhai,

Thanks

kash_zia
Newly Registered

Post by kash_zia » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:45 am

shark118 wrote:
kash_zia wrote:

thanks @shark118.

Kash,
My application has been approved on Tue and arrived on Wed but my case wasn't normal as I have requested an early decision due to family emergency. However, I've heard from my friend he's received his documents on Mon.
thanks shark118 ...

kash_zia
Newly Registered

Post by kash_zia » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:46 am

Anyone else who has applied in May,2016 got response yet?

Titou25
Newly Registered

Post by Titou25 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi devi2211
Nothing yet still waiting almost 6month !!!

balagee
Newly Registered

Post by balagee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi

I recently applied my ILR based on Tier 1 5yr route on June 2016, I understand that case worker might take long time ~6 months to make decision but I just need some clarification, every month I used to get automated email from UKV&I but this month October I didn't get that email and I also tried Premium service on 29th September and they came back with "Unfortunately your application is not eligible for an upgrade and will therefore continue to be processed in the postal route. "

Is there any one who has come across with the same scenario ? and what has happened to your case ?

Thanks

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:50 pm

devi2211 wrote:Hi Titou25, shanybaba1974, Alibhai,

Thanks
NOTHING YET :(

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:22 pm

hi
no news so for going to 6 month on 25oct
waiting :(

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shanybaba1974 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:34 pm

strada wrote:
espérer wrote:

Hi Strada,

Hi Espirer,

I never got a letter form them, I only called them after 6 months. The upgrade I meant is the link below. Is it the same one you used.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application
Hi Strada

Any idea how much are the chances if we opt for fast track, i mean do they usually allow fast track?