ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 General to ILR after 5 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

premc
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 General to ILR after 5 years

Post by premc » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 am

Hi,

I am extending my visa for tier 2 general in December and the cos will be issued for 3 years. As i have already finished 3 years i need to be in UK for another 2 years to be eligible for ILR.

1. According to the new Rules i need to earn £35000 per Annum.

2. Do i need to earn £35000 in my Last year or Should i ask my employer to issue COS for £35000 when i applying for extension.

3. for Example if my employer issue COS for £31000 per annum if i do overtime and make sure that i reach £35000 is it fine or ILR.

Thanks In Advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier 2 General to ILR after 5 years

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:09 pm

you need to earn 35k at the time of ilr. how you do it, is between you and employer.
you will need a letter from employer stating your particulars, which should generally include salary too. that is where it needs to be. besides employer saying he needs u for future too

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier 2 General to ILR after 5 years

Post by paradoxical » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Just make sure that the CoS issued to you has a salary at least as much as is required according to your SoC code for getting tier 2 (not ilr).. And at the time of ILR, you need to be above the greater of x and the salary specified for your soc code. The x at the moment is 35k, but I remember seeing a table with increases every two years or so.. I think it will 35,500 from 2018 if I remember correctly..