ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I use b1 test result for language instead of degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

trek

Can I use b1 test result for language instead of degree

Post by trek » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:58 am

Dear Moderators/Experienced members,

I hope you can address my query below & guide me.

I Applied after 5 year stay for settlement using premium service and got ILR in Feb 2015 . That time I proved language requirement using my masters degree and pbs calculator printout. My Indian university is reputed and masters degree instruction was in English.

Now I am Applying through nationality checking service for citizenship oct/Nov 2016.
I plan to submit b1 test instead of my degree to prove language requirement.

My questions :

1. Can I do a trinity college SELT GESE B1 grade 5 English test for citizenship and submit it as language proof, instead of degree/letter ?
2. In settlement I used degree but now in citizenship I use b1 test result to prove English will it be a problem?
3. Lastly , if submitting b1 result and selecting it's checkbox do I still need to select check box saying language already proved in settlement. (Page 6,7 an form)?
4. In case of above do I still need to submit my degree?

Background:
Even if the AN form has a checkbox saying I proved my English during settlement after 28th sept 2013. People in nationality checking service insist (to be safe) that i should have my degree verified for language by U.K. Naric red route , since pbs calculator printout cannot be used for this purpose after 6 April 2016.
In various forum, I also found cases where applications were rejected stating language requirement reason.

My marksheets also mention medium Of instruction is in English. But On checking with U.K. NARIC they say I need to submit scans of degree+Transcript/marksheet+Original Letter from university registrar/controller of exams (letter from central administrative body) confirming medium of instruction and gov.uk website says with application I need to submit unaric language certificate and the Original Letter from university and degree when submitting the application .

My problem is getting a medium of instruction letter and transcripts from my university in my home country, after 11 years of passing degree will be challenging and I don't know how much time it will take and may face bureaucracy.

Getting a b1 degree is 30 mins test for speaking and listening English and saves from so much hassle.

Therefore I plan to submit b1 test instead of my degree to prove language requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Trek

WR1

Re: Can I use b1 test result for language instead of degree

Post by WR1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:18 am

You can use the English B1 test, no issues.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided