ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TEMPLATE for a letter to MP re Naturalisation Delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mg543
Newly Registered

Need HELP plz re Naturalisation DELAY of more than 8 Months

Post by mg543 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:43 am

Hello respected members, could somone help me please and advise re how to proceed with the delay in my naturalisation application as it has now been 8 months since i applied :o . Not sure what the delay is. I contacted UKVI customer services on 20th August via phone and an email. Haven't still received any response to my email but received a call from the UKVI customer services on 25th August saying the case is still pending decision. Don't know where to go from here tbh. Thinking about going to my MP (but not sure how useful that can be) or shall I just keep calling the UKVI customer services? Below is my timeline. Thanks

Eligibility criteria: 5 years tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life In UK Test + MSc Degree
Nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 8th February 2016
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12th February 2016
Date of acknowledgement: 17th February 2016 (email)
Date money left account: 16th February 2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 16th March 2016
Biometrics done: 19th March 2016
Date of approval: - (Still Waiting)
Date of ceremony: -
Date applied for passports: N/A
Date passports received: N/A

WR1

Re: Need HELP plz re Naturalisation DELAY of more than 8 Mon

Post by WR1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 am

To be honest, there really isn't much that can be done to speed up the application. Each case is decided on its own individual merit. The Home Office do not have a deadline by which they need to give a decision. It's a wiating game.

There are plenty of other people in the same boat as you whom have been waiting several months, over a year and even since Feb 2014.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi, have you tried contacting your MP?

ANother way, keep phoning HO and keep emailing HO until you receive the decision

mg543 wrote:Hello respected members, could somone help me please and advise re how to proceed with the delay in my naturalisation application as it has now been 8 months since i applied :o . Not sure what the delay is. I contacted UKVI customer services on 20th August via phone and an email. Haven't still received any response to my email but received a call from the UKVI customer services on 25th August saying the case is still pending decision. Don't know where to go from here tbh. Thinking about going to my MP (but not sure how useful that can be) or shall I just keep calling the UKVI customer services? Below is my timeline. Thanks

renifer
Newly Registered

Post by renifer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:30 pm

The only other thing you can do apart from contacting your MP is send a signed for letter to HO... but they know that you're waiting as they called you in August as you mentioned.
I did biometrics the same week as you did and I only just received my decision this week (per email, almost as an afterthought..).
Fingers crossed!

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi DId you mean you had received the approval via email?

Did you try contacting local MP or emailing HO by yourself ?
renifer wrote:The only other thing you can do apart from contacting your MP is send a signed for letter to HO... but they know that you're waiting as they called you in August as you mentioned.
I did biometrics the same week as you did and I only just received my decision this week (per email, almost as an afterthought..).
Fingers crossed!

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi

Have you received any updates

mg543 wrote:Hello respected members, could somone help me please and advise re how to proceed with the delay in my naturalisation application as it has now been 8 months since i applied :o . Not sure what the delay is. I contacted UKVI customer services on 20th August via phone and an email. Haven't still received any response to my email but received a call from the UKVI customer services on 25th August saying the case is still pending decision. Don't know where to go from here tbh. Thinking about going to my MP (but not sure how useful that can be) or shall I just keep calling the UKVI customer services? Below is my timeline. Thanks

mg543
Newly Registered

Post by mg543 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:55 am

I have contacted UKVI Customer Services again on the 23rd Oct and they said the same thing that the decision is still pending. They also advised me to write to the HO. I am now thinking to write to my MP.

Is it possible for someone to provide me a template for a letter to the MP please??? Hoping for a response soon now as it's almost 9 months now.

mg543
Newly Registered

TEMPLATE for a letter to MP re Naturalisation Delay

Post by mg543 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:00 am

Hi Respected Members, can someone possibly provide me a template so I can write to my MP regarding to chase my naturalisation application which is with the HO for almost 9 months now??? Otherwise I will have to spend a long time thinking about the right words :) Thanks... Or any other help would be appreciable as always.

holaiker

Re: TEMPLATE for a letter to MP re Naturalisation Delay

Post by holaiker » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:45 pm

after more than 7-months wait, i have received the approval letter and ceremony invite today.

i contacted UKVI twice and my local MP helped as well.

To those who have not received the approval, good luck and never give up. Keep contacting UKVI and ask your MP to help.

mg543
Newly Registered

Post by mg543 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:30 pm

holaiker wrote:after more than 7-months wait, i have received the approval letter and ceremony invite today.

i contacted UKVI twice and my local MP helped as well.

To those who have not received the approval, good luck and never give up. Keep contacting UKVI and ask your MP to help.
Glad to hear that pal. 9 month passed for me and i am still waiting. I have contacted my MP now.

mg543
Newly Registered

Post by mg543 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:06 am

Finally, after 51 weeks wait (yeah almost a year) i have finally got the approval on the 1st Feb and booked my citizenship ceremony on the 21st... huhhhh... the wait is finally over... good luck to all those who are still waiting.