ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GEGE_OO

Visit abroad

Post by GEGE_OO » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:31 pm

hi,
I have sent my naturalization application on the 10th of August and my bio-matric is done on the 26th of August. I want to visit my country but in that case I wont be able to return my residence card back to HO if my application is approve within one month.
I do not know what should I do ? please advise

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Visit abroad

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:39 pm

I'd be amazed if you get a decision by end of October or mid-November. Maybe you should consider postponing/changing your travel plans. BC is important, that's why we are on here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:41 pm

GEGE_OO wrote:hi,
I have sent my naturalization application on the 10th of August and my bio-matric is done on the 26th of August. I want to visit my country but in that case I wont be able to return my residence card back to HO if my application is approve within one month.
I do not know what should I do ? please advise
There is no way your application will be approved within one month;
even if it is you are not a citizen until you attend an oath-taking ceremony and that may occur up to 3 months after receiving approval.
Until then your BRP is valid.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:42 am

alterhase58 wrote:I'd be amazed if you get a decision by end of October or mid-November. Maybe you should consider postponing/changing your travel plans. BC is important, that's why we are on here.
No need to change plans. As pointed out, one does not naturalise as a British Citizen until the ceremony is attended. Even if the approval letter came, makes no difference. BRP still valid until ceremony attended.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided