ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avva78
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by avva78 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm

hi,

I used below link, same as Lilly...

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

Regards,

makaron
Newly Registered

Post by makaron » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:41 am

Hi noajthan, Thank you very much for the quick reply and advice.

Tanya2007
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2007 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Hello,
I am going to apply for PR for myself and my daughter who is 10 yrs old.Do i need to fill separate form for her or i just need to add her to my form as a family member.Some people advise separate forms and i am really confused.
Thank you in advance.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Same form, put her down as your dependant.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

jotoia

Post by jotoia » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi everyone
do you guys know what is timeline for prc for eea people? before the referendum it was around 3 mnts,
i beleive it increased cos of amount of people aplying increased since then.
thank you all

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:28 pm

From looking at this timeline thread, the average now seems to be 4/4.5 months for EEA applicants.
However, there are EEA applicants who had a significantly shorter or longer wait - it's all up to your caseworker, the complexity of your case and, most of all, luck :D.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Post by ramapuku » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:50 am

Dear friends,

I would like to share my timeline for EEA document certifying permanent residence with you :

Application sent : 23.06.2016
Application received: 24.06.2016
Payment taken : 29.06.2016
Confirmation email : No
DCPR : Still waiting

Now, all good so far, exept that after reading some of posts here I started getting a bit anxious about my application.
The reason is that 20 days after I sent my application to the Home Office I changed my address. A friend of mine helped my filling the form up. At that time I already knew that I was going to move and I knew my then future now present address. My friend advised me to put my old address on the home adress section of the form, but to put my new address on the contact address in the form. In addition I added a hand written letter to my application informing the case worker about my upcoming home move.

Now my question to any gentle person in this forum is, do you think the precautions I have taken have been enough to avoid my application being sent to the wrong place and what else would you do in my shoes in order to be on the safe side?

Also, do you reckon calling the Euro visas number would be helpful? Do they provide any information that might be useful to me?

Thank you very much for taking time for reading my rather long post.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:58 am

It is surprising that you have not received confirmation email with your reference number. Did you check your email incl junk / spam folder. My time lines are same as you (sent application on 24/6) and I received confirmation email after one month. I also moved my address after sending the application. But, I sent new address with proof of address to the same address where we sent application by quoting my reference. I also have redirection at my old address. You should immediately send letter with new address along with evidence such utility bills or tenancy agreement.

Looking at recent confirmations, hopefully, we can expect decision in 1-2 weeks.

Can I also ask you about your current citizenship ?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:39 am

No one knows if the precautions re address were enough, do you not have a re-direction at your old address?
This is the official form to update your address, definitely works: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

Can also try and phone the helpline to see if they can confirm anything, however, they are usually pretty useless...

As for the email, don't worry too much about it, several people on this forum didn't get a confirmation email and their DCPR came through just fine.

Quiqui
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi,

I've just got an email form the HO.

This is my updated timeline:

Application sent: 30/09/2016
Received by the HO (according the Royal Mail): 03/10/16
Payment taken: Postal Order
Confirmation email: 17/10/16
DCPR dated: ?
DCPR received: ?

Thanks

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi guys it's me again. Was here 2014 and 2015. Now I want to apply for PR by March next year. I married 2009 got my 5 yrs 2011 July. I divorced 2014 Aug and HO gave me retention or right ROR after my divorce. The ROR was till 2020 another 5 yrs.

I need advice here, what do I apply for now? PR or British citizenship since I will be 6 yrs into the EEA route by next yr.

Pls help.
Thanks.

Tanya2007
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2007 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:02 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Same form, put her down as your dependant.
Thank you very much

Tanya2007
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2007 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi all,
Here is my husband's timeline:

Application sent: 02/07/2016
Application received: 04/07/2016
Payment taken: 07/07/2016
Confirmation e-mail: 08/08/2016
ID requested: 07/10/2016 and still waiting
DCPR issued: waiting...
DCPR received: waiting...

Hopefully will receive them soon

almighty_horse
Newly Registered

Post by almighty_horse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi,

I am an EU national applying for Permanent Residency in the UK based on a 5-year qualification period. I arrived as a student in September 2011 and had a home country (Poland) issued EHIC card for either 6 or 12 months (can’t remember). I need to prove I held Comprehensive Sickness Insurance throughout the qualifying 5-year period, but unfortunately threw the card away - it expired in 2012 and I did not expect I would need to use it in the future.

I never renewed the card, but I also commenced work on 27/02/2012 - initially it was to support my studies, but by June 2012 I was spending significantly more time working than studying, and work became my main activity, so I hope I will be able to demonstrate I did not need EHIC afterwards?

What can I do?

I have contacted the EHIC issuer in Poland, but they cannot certify I held the card, unless the request comes from the Public Institution that requires it. They quote EU law (Article 6 of Regulation EC 883/2004 and Article 12 of Regulation EC 987/2009) forbidding them from issuing that confirmation to an individual (or my employer, I tried), saying that if the Home Office requires it, they should request it themselves. Only then, the issuer will issue form E104 directly to them.

Your ideas will be much appreciated - thanks a lot for your help!

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Post by ramapuku » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Dear @ChIrl and @LilyLalilu, thank you a million for your quick replies.

ChIrl, I am not very worried that I did not receive the confirmation e-mail as I have a couple of friends who never received it and it went all fine for them. It would have been useful to have a reference number although, I am pretty sure they will able to find the application by Name and DOB as well. I am very glad that I found you as our timelines are very similar, please keep me posted of the date you receive you DCPR , I will do the same. My nationality is Latvian , I made an entry to the UK in 2009 as WRS worker and been here ever since.

LilyLalilu, Yes I do have a mail re-direction from my old address, although I am not very sure how reliable the service is. I followed your advice and used the link for change of address- on the field asking me for my passport number though, I put my ID number, as my passport is with the Home Office and I don't know the number on it. Do you think that will be fine ? Tomorrow I will also try to call the number, fingers crossed they would have some of the answers I need.

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Uk2715 wrote:Hi guys it's me again. Was here 2014 and 2015. Now I want to apply for PR by March next year. I married 2009 got my 5 yrs 2011 July. I divorced 2014 Aug and HO gave me retention or right ROR after my divorce. The ROR was till 2020 another 5 yrs.

I need advice here, what do I apply for now? PR or British citizenship since I will be 6 yrs into the EEA route by next yr.

Pls help.
Thanks.
Somebody help pls.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Uk2715 wrote:Hi guys it's me again. Was here 2014 and 2015. Now I want to apply for PR by March next year. I married 2009 got my 5 yrs 2011 July. I divorced 2014 Aug and HO gave me retention or right ROR after my divorce. The ROR was till 2020 another 5 yrs.

Pls help.
Thanks.
PR.
As per new rules, PR card now required before shooting for privilege of citizenship.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

italiannational0509
Newly Registered

Post by italiannational0509 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 am

Quiqui wrote:Hi,

I've just got an email form the HO.

This is my updated timeline:

Thanks
Hi Quiqui, You're the closest to my application date, So please keep me updated. I still haven't received my confirmation or have my money taken out of my account but i'm two weeks behind you. (Application sent 04/10/2016)

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:28 am

Hi all,

My 5 years visa as eea spouse will expire on 26/06/2017. I would like to prepare my application and I need to know when I should send it. is it 6 months before?or just 28 days before expiry? I am doing my life in UK test next month, do I need to do English test as well?

Thank you in advance.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 am

nikicibaba wrote:Hi all,

My 5 years visa as eea spouse will expire on 26/06/2017. I would like to prepare my application and I need to know when I should send it. is it 6 months before?or just 28 days before expiry? I am doing my life in UK test next month, do I need to do English test as well?

Thank you in advance.
There is no visa on EU migration route.
Application for what?

Quiqui
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:51 am

Hi all,

I received the Biometric letter for my husband (non-eu) yesterday. Unfortunately he is on a business trip until the 04th of November. So, we cannot progress this until he is back.

Timeline updated:

Biometric Letter: 18/10/16

nikicibaba, I will keep you updated :)

Thanks and regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 am

Quiqui wrote:Hi all,

I received the Biometric letter for my husband (non-eu) yesterday. Unfortunately he is on a business trip until the 04th of November. So, we cannot progress this until he is back.

Timeline updated:

Biometric Letter: 18/10/16

nikicibaba, I will keep you updated :)

Thanks and regards
Note: 15 business days within which to enrol biometrics.

Quiqui
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi noajthan,

Yes, the 04th of November is the last day that we can submit it. Luckily he gets here at 10am so we have time to do it on that day.

Thanks for your note :D

Regards,
Quiqui

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Quiqui wrote:Hi noajthan,

Yes, the 04th of November is the last day that we can submit it. Luckily he gets here at 10am so we have time to do it on that day.

Thanks for your note :D

Regards,
Quiqui
Nothing like dealing with HO for living on the edge; feeling 'alive'.
Good luck.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:02 pm

noajthan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 am
nikicibaba wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.

There is no visa on EU migration route.
Application for what?
Hi Noajthan,

I am non-EU and I have 5 years visa as the spouse of a EU national. my visa will expire 26/06/17 and wondering when I should apply for PR 6 month before expiry or only 28 days?

Thank you