ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mana1

Re: EEA2 Appeal - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by mana1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:35 pm

shaaki.fabi wrote:
mana1 wrote:Good morning forum members I just want to give a bit of update about my case and today I have received my hearing date thank God.it will take place on 5th of September.

Hey mana1 keep us update my hearing date is on 20 September, do you have any solicitor for your case? i am doing all by myself. just want to ask one question my wife needs an interpreter whose responsibility is to arrange interpreter.

Thanks
@shaaki.fabi I will keep the forum update definitely,yeah I have got a solicitor and it's the tribunal's responsibility to arrange an interpreter you just gotta let the tribunal know that you need one and which language you want to be interpreted as soon as possible

maxpayne131
Newly Registered

Post by maxpayne131 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:06 pm

@mana1 how did the appeal go? Would you mind sharing the questions they asked (if any). My application recently got rejected and I have appealed against the HO decision. The tribunal fees have been deducted from my account on 4/08 and I do not know what is going to happen next.

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:46 pm

mana1 wrote:
shaaki.fabi wrote:
mana1 wrote:Good morning forum members I just want to give a bit of update about my case and today I have received my hearing date thank God.it will take place on 5th of September.

Hey mana1 keep us update my hearing date is on 20 September, do you have any solicitor for your case? i am doing all by myself. just want to ask one question my wife needs an interpreter whose responsibility is to arrange interpreter.

Thanks
@shaaki.fabi I will keep the forum update definitely,yeah I have got a solicitor and it's the tribunal's responsibility to arrange an interpreter you just gotta let the tribunal know that you need one and which language you want to be interpreted as soon as possible

Any response mana. ???

Josh37
Newly Registered

Post by Josh37 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:56 am

Hello i have just joined this forum and seems to be very helpful. I got married in Oct 2014 and our application was rejected and we logged appeal against HO decision and our hearing is on 28th Sep. Can somebody please tell me what kind of questions they do ask in the court and what kind of atmosphere they create to make panic for applicants. Please share your answers. It will be very helpful. Let me know if anyone need more information about the case. Thanks

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Josh37 wrote:Hello i have just joined this forum and seems to be very helpful. I got married in Oct 2014 and our application was rejected and we logged appeal against HO decision and our hearing is on 28th Sep. Can somebody please tell me what kind of questions they do ask in the court and what kind of atmosphere they create to make panic for applicants. Please share your answers. It will be very helpful. Let me know if anyone need more information about the case. Thanks

Look like mana dont have good news.
I wish people could share their fail stories aswell .
My hearing date is on 30 sept

mana1

Post by mana1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi all forum members I haven't forgotten about updating on the outcome of my hearing but I'm still waiting for my decision so soon as I get you will be the first ones to know.God bless

shaaki.fabi

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:32 pm

I had appeal hearing on Thursday.
Before the hearing we tested DNA results for me my wife and son just to show paternity. Judge only took 10 minutes to finish the case because of DNA he shouted at HO lawyer for not cancelling appeal and giving me visa , he gave him a good lecture for 10 minutes and HO lawyer was speechless,
The judge allowed the appeal and was very happy.

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:36 pm

Just a quick summary we choose not to have solicitor because we had a son, in our interview at Liverpool HO staff was very ride with us . They separately ask my wife that your husband is not dad of the baby girl and to me as you are not dad of the baby. That actually wantes to scare us so we leave uk on our own and if my wife is helping me she will leave me.

mana1

Post by mana1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:16 pm

shaaki.fabi wrote:I had appeal hearing on Thursday.
Before the hearing we tested DNA results for me my wife and son just to show paternity. Judge only took 10 minutes to finish the case because of DNA he shouted at HO lawyer for not cancelling appeal and giving me visa , he gave him a good lecture for 10 minutes and HO lawyer was speechless,
The judge allowed the appeal and was very happy.
@shaaki.fabi congrats well done I hope the HO don't play funny games with you,should give u ur visa as suggested by the judge.im still waiting for my decision I hope I get it this week and I wish I done a DNA test with my sons.please update the forum when u get ur visa.thanx

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Josh37 wrote:Hello i have just joined this forum and seems to be very helpful. I got married in Oct 2014 and our application was rejected and we logged appeal against HO decision and our hearing is on 28th Sep. Can somebody please tell me what kind of questions they do ask in the court and what kind of atmosphere they create to make panic for applicants. Please share your answers. It will be very helpful. Let me know if anyone need more information about the case. Thanks

Hi would you like your timeline?

mana1

Post by mana1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:03 pm

@shaaki.fabi hi,have u had ur written decision yet?myself I'm still waiting it's 5weeks now after the judge suggested that will get his decision within 3-4weeks but here I am still waiting.this is mental torture. bless

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:24 pm

mana1 wrote:@shaaki.fabi hi,have u had ur written decision yet?myself I'm still waiting it's 5weeks now after the judge suggested that will get his decision within 3-4weeks but here I am still waiting.this is mental torture. bless

Hi mana1 , yes after just three days i got the letter from court that i won the appeal and everything that happened in the court was written there, i already knew that i won appeal but this was just confirmation, i suggest you to please call at court with your appeal number they will help you with that,
Please also keep us updated.

mana1

Post by mana1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:50 pm

shaaki.fabi wrote:
mana1 wrote:@shaaki.fabi hi,have u had ur written decision yet?myself I'm still waiting it's 5weeks now after the judge suggested that will get his decision within 3-4weeks but here I am still waiting.this is mental torture. bless

Hi mana1 , yes after just three days i got the letter from court that i won the appeal and everything that happened in the court was written there, i already knew that i won appeal but this was just confirmation, i suggest you to please call at court with your appeal number they will help you with that,
Please also keep us updated.
@shaaki.fabi thanx for ur reply am phoning the tribunal after every the other day but they keep saying that the decision is still reserved with the judge,i even sent them an email but they said the same as in the phone conversation so I suppose I just gotta wait till there ready and I won't forget to update the forum as soon as I get some new developments in my case.bless

mana1

Post by mana1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 pm

@shaaki.fabi;hi mate any update yet from the HO!!myself am still waiting for my decision from the Ftt and I'm getting p----- off coz the judge informed me at the beginning and the end of my hearing that I will receive his decision within 3-4weeks but it's over 6weeks and I'm still waiting the flipin tribunal is just as bad as the HO don't standby their word.i av written to the Ftt president and I'm yet to get a reply that's if I get one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:00 pm

mana1 wrote:@shaaki.fabi;hi mate any update yet from the HO!!myself am still waiting for my decision from the Ftt and I'm getting p----- off coz the judge informed me at the beginning and the end of my hearing that I will receive his decision within 3-4weeks but it's over 6weeks and I'm still waiting the flipin tribunal is just as bad as the HO don't standby their word.i av written to the Ftt president and I'm yet to get a reply that's if I get one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi mana nothing from HO office yet, first the FFT will fk us then there is HO, i have heard some cases where HO take longer then six month to issue RC,, this is because the fact that they think if we have paid to EU sponsor he/she will leave until that time,
And this is the reason they are rude at Liverpool interview, they want to scare EU sponsor so he she run away.
All we have to do is to wait wait and wait. someone told me from solicitors if you think your marriage relationship is real then cool down and relax and wait for visa, even if you don't have visa you are legal under EU rules until HO come and challenge relationship in court.

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 pm

I think we are only two left in EEA2 appeal, i don't know why other people not share anything. I went to the immigration courts in central London there were lots of cases like EEA2.
Anyone going to hearing i request them to visit the court atleast one week before sit there and see how things work there. I went there with my wife for 2 days we checked everything and all court rooms, this gave a little bit confidence, because first time in new place can make things wrong.

Petanque
Newly Registered

Post by Petanque » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi all, I have received a refusal in July 2016 and submitted for appeal within 2 weeks (early August). Looking at your timelines I don't think my hearing date will be before August 2017 and am very worried that Brexit may impact my case (as they plan to trigger Article 50 in March). I wonder if I am better off by simply submitting a new application before this happens? In my initial refusal letter I was given the right of appeal and resubmission. I thought will go for appeal first and resubmit again if not successful, but now I am very worried I won't have the time. Please help / share your views. Thank you!

maxpayne131
Newly Registered

Post by maxpayne131 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi Pentaque,

I am in a similar situation to yours, my application was rejected in June and have applied for an appeal, however my appeal did not go through the tribunal system because of some silly fax error. Long story short it is accepted now and I am waiting for a hearing date. My lawyers have indicated that you generally get a hearing date in six months time, but yeah looking at the stories of members here I am not too sure if six months is enough or its going to take longer. Whatever it is we have to wait until we get the hearing date. I would recommend staying positive and have faith that they will give you a date in six months time.

About the Brexit, in theory it should not affect us as we have filed an appeal/application when UK is/was technically in the EU. But this is just a thought and I do not have anything to back it up. I have been through tremendous stress in past few months because of all this, was refused a great job as I could not produce a valid work permit and the company refused to accept the COA, stating they need proof of my stay for the whole duration of contract which was two years, guess this is life. I am not thinking about all that now and just waiting for hearing date letter to arrive. Will keep everyone here updated.

PS: Congratulation shaki.fabi, and I hope you get your appeal approved mana, you have been a genuine advisor on the forum, please keep posting about your situation.

mana1

Post by mana1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:44 pm

maxpayne131 wrote:Hi Pentaque,

I am in a similar situation to yours, my application was rejected in June and have applied for an appeal, however my appeal did not go through the tribunal system because of some silly fax error. Long story short it is accepted now and I am waiting for a hearing date. My lawyers have indicated that you generally get a hearing date in six months time, but yeah looking at the stories of members here I am not too sure if six months is enough or its going to take longer. Whatever it is we have to wait until we get the hearing date. I would recommend staying positive and have faith that they will give you a date in six months time.

About the Brexit, in theory it should not affect us as we have filed an appeal/application when UK is/was technically in the EU. But this is just a thought and I do not have anything to back it up. I have been through tremendous stress in past few months because of all this, was refused a great job as I could not produce a valid work permit and the company refused to accept the COA, stating they need proof of my stay for the whole duration of contract which was two years, guess this is life. I am not thinking about all that now and just waiting for hearing date letter to arrive. Will keep everyone here updated.

PS: Congratulation shaki.fabi, and I hope you get your appeal approved mana, you have been a genuine advisor on the forum, please keep posting about your situation.
@maxpayne;thanx for ur kind words and after a long battle wiv da HO I av acquired a bit of knowledge and were it's needed by the forum members I'm quiet happy to help coz we're all in the same boat.Hope u both get your hearing soon as u said it's a matter of waiting and staying positive in these dealings wiv da gov departments u have too.bless

shaaki.fabi

Post by shaaki.fabi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Everyday 12 o'clock is coming post in our town my eyes are on the door all the time but still nothing .

Justice delayed is Justice denied.

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:26 pm

My friend field his appeal for last February and he still waiting a hearing date :(
My 6months waiting for ROR is due 07/12/2016
I saw on timeline people with COA dated after mine like 3weeks and they reviewed their RC ,I'm thinking that they are putting my file on the side while they chase a reason for refusal
So pessimism :(

JCP3012
Newly Registered

Post by JCP3012 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: Petanque -

I went through the same thing exactly, my friend. I have been applying and appealing for almost 7 years now - really!!! I finally got sick of the 'paper-hearing' circus and decided to have my day in court, which hapened early October. The H.O. representative tried everything he could to get me to walk out of the building before even having my say. He tried intimidation tactics in a private room and insisted I was wasting my time and that there was no way I could possibly win. I ended up telling him that he was wasting his breath and that winning the appeal was not as important to us as having our say in front of a judge was. My final words before the hearing - "Let's you and me go into that courts and argue, because I can not wait for this!" After an hour of intense discussion, I left him a dishevelled shell of the bombastic man who had an hour earlier insisted I couldn't win. Of course I could win. And I did!

My point is, if your application was genuine and if you honestly feel that you CAN win, then follow through with the appeal process. The whole system is a money-grabbing exercise and designed to MAKE you give up on your beliefs. Don't let them do that to you! The judge (as, I understand, most of them are) was friendly, sympathetic and ended up being dismissive of the H.O. officer. The H.O. was embarrassed by the end of it all. Now, I fully expect the HO to appeal the judges decision out of sheer spite, due to the battering he got which was borne out of 7 years frustration and anger on my part, but regardless, I had my say, I beat him and I loved every minute of it!

My advice to you: Prepare your case until you think you can prepare it no more - then prepare it MORE. There wasn't a question the HO could ask in cross-examination that I didn't have an answer for - my answers were designed not only to tell the truth but also to show the H.O. up for being what they are...pen-pushers with a power disorder.

If you decide to apply again, make sure everything they used for a reason to deny you is covered and fixed where it needs to be. If you can, be patient and prepare yourself thoroughly. The only thing they hate more than granting visas is being made to grant them after a lengthy appeal. It's most gratifying, trust me.

If you need any help or advice, feel free to contact me. These people need holding to a MUCH higher standard!
Good luck!

mana1

Post by mana1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi forum members;I would like to share my gd News after I received a phone call yesterday from my solicitor that my appeal has been Allowed,at least for now I get to relax a bit while I wait and c what step the HO will be taking for the next 2weeks.thanx to everyone on this forum the old and new.bless

mana1

Post by mana1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:53 pm

@shaaki.fabi hi mate I know how that feels waiting for the post man every morning but it won't be long now and u will be sorted.i would like to ask something,did u get a reward from the Judge and if u did how long did it the HO to put it in ur bank account.thanx

Noexit
Newly Registered

Post by Noexit » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:18 am

yazz wrote:Well I like to share my timeline , and need some advice if possible, Applied eea2 on September 2014 , got refused may 2015 , reason not exercising treaty right , appealed in end of May 2015 , hearing date was early May 2016 , appealed allowed the same day , got determination from court end of May 2016 , it's almost a month haven't heard from home office , any idea how long more to wait and even brexit happend , will it effect my applications and what is maximum time they will take to issue RC or there is no maximum time , just wait and wait and wait for nothing , plz help and advice
Hi hope you are well. I know its long time ago. But if you dont mind to help me regards the exact resons explaining how you have failed to exercise your treaty rights. I.e Long gap between employment. Thanks