ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Ncs appointment experience

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Star30

My Ncs appointment experience

Post by Star30 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello all my freinds
I would like to share my Ncs experience for ppl who worry about they are missing p60 or missing payslips or missing anything
First u have to take into account that Ncs staff helping and he is not good in advices all they will do just make sure all application was filled . So don't worry about the application if u r not sure about any point leave it to Ncs day they will do it
Second : u don't have to bring all ur decuments with u the reason for that Ncs didn't see any decuments or asked me any question all they care about
All passport to cover 5 years period ( two )
Liuk will take original
Copy knowledge of Uk certificate
Make sure fee slip including
So I wondered how ukvi will check my 6 years period
I got all the original and all staff for 6 years !!!!

In my open ion if u send the application by post more easy to ukvi and faster than Ncs .

alterhase58
Germany

Re: My Ncs appointment experience

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:32 pm

It seems the experience of members here with NCS is variable, depending on which council you use.
I chose the one where I work because of distance (5 mins walk), and they had a web based booking and payment system. The web site clearly stated it's not an advice or legal service, but also had helpful information as to the documents required for AN application.
The lady I dealt with was very knowlegable and dealt with all my questions very competently. She checked that all documents were included and made copies. Also called her HO contact to clarify a point. All was to my satisfaction. Lets hope I get my decision in a reasonable time.
Appointment cost £60, which includes taking certified copies of everything, which is worth the money alone, and was also useful because I was travelling abroad two weeks after the appointment, as I kept my passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:16 pm

NCS experience will vary depending on council and even the fees.

I only used NCS for two main reasons otherwise I would have applied by post.

1. Apply using JCAPS which can only be done via NCS. Quicker passport application, no interview to attend and no need to send Naturalisation certificate to passport office once you become a BC.
2. Keep all original documents
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Star30

Post by Star30 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:47 pm

In my appointment the lady looked the my application Nd asked why u didn't write u national insurance number I said because it's only self employment and I'm an employer so my section is next page she said ooo yes then asked about my passport to cover 6 years I said yes two one expired and one valid then she said do u have ilr I said permanent card she checked hold on u have to wait one year after this PR issued I said no then. I had with copy of ukvi which explain that u don't have to wait one year after card issued so she read it said oook so she asked do u know exact date of ur acquiring PR status I said yes I gave my SAR paper which confirm the date of aquaring Nd she copied the SAR Paper and I asked her u won't need copy prove of my NI or my P60 she said no Nd she said if ho need any ducemtnts they will send you
So now I'm preparing for my reconsideration because i know o will get refused :(

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:29 am

Dear Star30,

Can you please send me the link to this so that I can bring it along to my NCS appointment when I am due to apply for BC.

I had with copy of ukvi which explain that u don't have to wait one year after card issued

Unquote

Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Zhonor wrote:Dear Star30,

Can you please send me the link to this so that I can bring it along to my NCS appointment when I am due to apply for BC.

I had with copy of ukvi which explain that u don't have to wait one year after card issued

Unquote

Thanks.
NCS should be trained and up to speed on this as the concerned clerks and officials are supposedly OISC (level 1).

This is covered in guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2016.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Thank you :)

Just in case I get one that don't understand the regs