ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrested and cleared.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HulkForILR
Newly Registered

Arrested and cleared.

Post by HulkForILR » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:22 pm

in 2013 I was falsely accused of sexual assault by a woman and the police briefly arrested me on suspicion purely on her accusation. Anyway, after the investigations by Detective Inspector london met police it was decided that there will be "No Further Action" against me as there were no evidence(obviously) The case was closed and I was informed and sent out a letter confirming the same.
Now the question I want to ask is whether
a) I have to mention about this on my ILR application?
b) If yes this shouldn't effect my application right?

I'll be making my ILR(10 year continues route) next month.
Thank you!

k7501

Re: Arrested and cleared.

Post by k7501 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 pm

The exact question is " Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been
arrested and charged in any country with any criminal offence
and are awaiting, or are currently on trial?"

Given that they didn't use "or" instead of "and", this allows you to answer no if one of the constituents statements is false. Hence you can put "no" if there were no charges against you

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:24 am

it says arrested and charged
so u were not charged, so u dont have to say yes,

jst put no and mention that in cover letter and u can also send that letter from met if u have any that shows u were cleared
k7501 wrote:The exact question is " Have you or any dependants who are applying with you been
arrested and charged in any country with any criminal offence
and are awaiting, or are currently on trial?"

Given that they didn't use "or" instead of "and", this allows you to answer no if one of the constituents statements is false. Hence you can put "no" if there were no charges against you

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:24 am

it says arrested and charged
so u were not charged, so u dont have to say yes,

jst put no and mention that in cover letter and u can also send that letter from met if u have any that shows u were cleared
HulkForILR wrote:in 2013 I was falsely accused of sexual assault by a woman and the police briefly arrested me on suspicion purely on her accusation. Anyway, after the investigations by Detective Inspector london met police it was decided that there will be "No Further Action" against me as there were no evidence(obviously) The case was closed and I was informed and sent out a letter confirming the same.
Now the question I want to ask is whether
a) I have to mention about this on my ILR application?
b) If yes this shouldn't effect my application right?

I'll be making my ILR(10 year continues route) next month.
Thank you!