ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by nikicibaba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:08 pm

noajthan wrote:
Quiqui wrote:Hi all,

I received the Biometric letter for my husband (non-eu) yesterday. Unfortunately he is on a business trip until the 04th of November. So, we cannot progress this until he is back.

Timeline updated:

Application sent: 30/09/2016
Received by the HO (according the Royal Mail): 03/10/16
Payment taken: Postal Order
Confirmation email: 17/10/16
Biometric Letter: 18/10/16
DCPR dated: ?
DCPR received: ?

nikicibaba, I will keep you updated :)

Thanks and regards
Note: 15 business days within which to enrol biometrics.
Hi Quiqui,

Good luck for your husband.

May I ask when his 5 years visa will expire? as I know we can send application as from 6month before expiry but my friend been advised by legal adviser to send it only 28 days before visa expire. Which is making me confuse when to send mine.

Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:15 pm

nikicibaba wrote:Hi Quiqui,

May I ask when his 5 years visa will expire? as I know we can send application as from 6month before expiry but my friend been advised by legal adviser to send it only 28 days before visa expire. Which is making me confuse when to send mine.

Thank you
What are you talking about? There is no EEA visa and you can't apply for residence documentation until you are eligible. It is not like ILR under the UK immigration rules where you can apply early.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:21 pm

ohara wrote:
nikicibaba wrote:Hi Quiqui,

Thank you
What are you talking about? There is no EEA visa and you can't apply for residence documentation until you are eligible. It is not like ILR under the UK immigration rules where you can apply early.

Hi

To clarify is a resident card as a family member of an EEA national.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:31 pm

EEA residence card is not a visa. Your right to reside in the UK depends entirely on your sponsor's status regardless of when the card expires.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 pm

ohara wrote:EEA residence card is not a visa. Your right to reside in the UK depends entirely on your sponsor's status regardless of when the card expires.

Yes but after 5years you can apply for a PR, if you are entitle. Which is my case.

Icol13
Newly Registered

Post by Icol13 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:45 pm

nikicibaba wrote:Hi all,

My 5 years visa as eea spouse will expire on 26/06/2017. I would like to prepare my application and I need to know when I should send it. is it 6 months before?or just 28 days before expiry? I am doing my life in UK test next month, do I need to do English test as well?

Thank you in advance.
Hi!

I understand that you've got residence card of family member of an eea national, you acquired this due to your eea spouse.
This is eea residence card not a visa. You can apply PR if you have lived in the U.K. for 5 yrs based an eea rules not U.K. Immigration rules. You need to consider as well your eea spouse if he/she exercising his/her treaty rights as eea national.
To apply PR you don't need to take life in the U.K test and English test. You will need this when you will apply British citizenship.
Good luck!

Quiqui
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 am

nikicibaba wrote:
noajthan wrote:
Quiqui wrote:Hi all,

I received the Biometric letter for my husband (non-eu) yesterday. Unfortunately he is ...
Thanks and regards
Note: 15 business days within which to enrol biometrics.
Hi Quiqui,

Thank you
Nikicibaba,

As the previous posts stated, you don't have a visa, you have a residence card. After you have lived in the UK for 5 years with your EEA Spouse (She/he had to be here in the UK exercising his/her treaty rights as EEA national - you can read about this in the application guide https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf) you can apply for the PR.

I will give you my example:

We moved to the UK on the 11/09/11 my husband had a family permit until December 2011 when he got the residence card (the one that you have that expires in 5 years). Last month, on the 11/09/16 we have lived in the UK for 5 years so we decided to apply for the PR, but my husband's residence card expires in December 2016. So you have to do the math and see when you can apply.

I hope that makes sense.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Quiqui

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 am

Quiqui wrote:Hi noajthan,

Yes, the 04th of November is the last day that we can submit it. Luckily he gets here at 10am so we have time to do it on that day.

Thanks for your note :D

Regards,
Quiqui

Hi Quiqui,
Sorry slightly personal question, you mentioned your hubby is a non-eea and is out on business travel, presume he's travelling on his passport, can you please advise us when your hubby requested your passport back and how long it took HO to return the passport before issuing the Bio-metric letter?

I'm on the same boat and has applied for EEA (PR) as non -EU, but in need of my passport so just checking if it's possible to get the passport back before HO issues the Bio-metric letter or in that matter COA.

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 am

[/quote]

Nikicibaba,

As the previous posts stated, you don't have a visa, you have a residence card. After you have lived in the UK for 5 years with your EEA Spouse (She/he had to be here in the UK exercising his/her treaty rights as EEA national - you can read about this in the application guide https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf) you can apply for the PR.

I will give you my example:

We moved to the UK on the 11/09/11 my husband had a family permit until December 2011 when he got the residence card (the one that you have that expires in 5 years). Last month, on the 11/09/16 we have lived in the UK for 5 years so we decided to apply for the PR, but my husband's residence card expires in December 2016. So you have to do the math and see when you can apply.

I hope that makes sense.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Quiqui[/quote]

Thank you Quiqui,

We have been living together in UK since 2009, However we only got married on 14/12/11, and i applied for my residence card on December 2011, and i received my passport back with residence card on it on 21/06/2012.
If i do the math as per your example, I can apply as from 14/12/16. am I right?

To answer to a previous reply, yes my wife is exercising her treaty right and she even applied for her permanent resident last year and received it within 21 days. she can even apply to British Citizen now, but a lawyer advised us if she apply now, my application will be considered under British regulation and Not EU regulation. She is waiting until i got my PR than she will apply for Citizenship. if someone have different information please share with us.

Thank you All

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:51 am

nikicibaba wrote:Thank you Quiqui,

We have been living together in UK since 2009, However we only got married on 14/12/11, and i applied for my residence card on December 2011, and i received my passport back with residence card on it on 21/06/2012.

To answer to a previous reply, yes my wife is exercising her treaty right and she even applied for her permanent resident last year and received it within 21 days. she can even apply to British Citizen now, but a lawyer advised us if she apply now, my application will be considered under British regulation and Not EU regulation. She is waiting until i got my PR than she will apply for Citizenship. if someone have different information please share with us.

Thank you All
Normally someone who becomes British loses the ability to sponsor family members on EU route.

However as you had the foresight to marry and obtain a RC in UK before a key date in 2012 the McCarthy transitional arrangement would apply to you if spouse/spouse became a BC.
However its a tricky area and caseworkers are not all fully aware; if your nerve holds (what with Brexit and so on) it may still be simpler to wait until you have your confirmation of PR in the bag first (before spouse naturalises).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 pm

noajthan wrote:
nikicibaba wrote:Thank you Quiqui,

Thank you All
Normally someone who becomes British loses the ability to sponsor family members on EU route.

However as you had the foresight to marry and obtain a RC in UK before a key date in 2012 the McCarthy transitional arrangement would apply to you if spouse/spouse became a BC.
However its a tricky area and caseworkers are not all fully aware; if your nerve holds (what with Brexit and so on) it may still be simpler to wait until you have your confirmation of PR in the bag first (before spouse naturalises).
Hi noajthan,

Thats why my wife did not apply to naturalise and she is waiting until I get my PR.

I am still confused do i apply as from December 2016 or i need to wait just couple of months before my 5 years residence card expire 21/06/2017.

If to calculate 5 years leaving together is already over 5 years as we living together since december 2009.
If since we got married (december 2011) than I can apply from now/December 2016.
If since i got my residence card than i will have to wait and just apply before my residence card expire by couple of months.

Thank you all

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 pm

nikicibaba wrote:Hi noajthan,

Thats why my wife did not apply to naturalise and she is waiting until I get my PR.

I am still confused do i apply as from December 2016 or i need to wait just couple of months before my 5 years residence card expire 21/06/2017.

If to calculate 5 years leaving together is already over 5 years as we living together since december 2009.
If since we got married (december 2011) than I can apply from now/December 2016.
If since i got my residence card than i will have to wait and just apply before my residence card expire by couple of months.

Thank you all
5 years since marriage.

Count 5 years from latest of:
  • arrival in UK;
    getting married;
    sponsor starting exercising treaty rights (if not settled);
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:01 pm

noajthan wrote:
nikicibaba wrote:Hi noajthan,

Thank you all
5 years since marriage.
Thank you noajthan for your reply.

Quiqui
Newly Registered

Post by Quiqui » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:49 am

nikicibaba, I would say that you could apply in December. However, I'm not an expert and each case is different. You said that you have spoken to a lawyer - you can ask him and confirm. Also, you should read the guidance (link in my previous post) and see if you qualify.

Ikonkar, we didn't send his passport. As he had to travel, we asked the company's layer to help us with this and they gave us a copy of my husband's passport with a wet stamp and signature confirming that the copy was as per the original (he did this with the front page of the passport as well as the residence card and the family permit that were in the passport). He also gave us a letter from the company explaining the reason why they needed my husband to travel and we also wrote another letter explaining the situation. Again, this is my particular situation and it might not work for everyone (I don't even know if it is going to work for us :shock: ). I hope that helps.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks & regards,

Quiqui

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:58 am

Quiqui wrote: Ikonkar, we didn't send his passport. As he had to travel, we asked the company's layer to help us with this and they gave us a copy of my husband's passport with a wet stamp and signature confirming that the copy was as per the original (he did this with the front page of the passport as well as the residence card and the family permit that were in the passport). He also gave us a letter from the company explaining the reason why they needed my husband to travel and we also wrote another letter explaining the situation. Again, this is my particular situation and it might not work for everyone (I don't even know if it is going to work for us :shock: ). I hope that helps.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks & regards,

Quiqui

Thank you Quiqui... I received my passport too for business travels, and has just provided my bio-metrics this morning, so hopefully I'll have my COA and may be PR card(wishful thinking) before I go. but I must say my MP has been really supportive who provided me with supporting letter as I frequently travel abroad and plans are made right at the last minute.

Good Luck
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

italiannational0509
Newly Registered

Post by italiannational0509 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm

italiannational0509 wrote:
Application sent: 04/10/2016 (signed and recorded-signed by the HO on 05/10/16)
Documents received: ?
Payment taken: ?
Confirmation email: ?
Just a quick update, just received my confirmation email from HO to say they've received my application. See timeline below:

Application sent: 04/10/2016 (signed and recorded-signed by the HO on 05/10/16)
Documents received: ?
Payment taken: ?
Confirmation email: 21/10/2016

Can anyone please advice when i can request my document back, now i have a reference number should i request it back now? or wait till the payment is taken out and then request it then?

Right
Bulgaria

Post by Right » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:35 pm

These confirmation emails really are taking a lot less time nowadays. I have been waiting for 3.5 months now and was hoping for <4-month wait but it seems it was not to be.

PolkaLND
Newly Registered

Post by PolkaLND » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi all,

First time posting on this board, but I’ve used it A LOT when putting together my EEA PR application – so thanks to all posting info and also their timeline updates.

I have just spoken to the Home Office about my application and asked for an approx timeline. They told me that they are inundated with thousands and thousands of applications, and are currently allocating to case workers applications that have been submitted on 28th of June. That means that if you submitted after that (as I have), your application is not even with a case worker yet... The person I spoke to said that for my application – submitted first week of July – they’d expect me to hear back within 'at least 1, max 2 months'... (That was their guess not knowing anything about the application)

Hope this helps others to guesstimate their own timelines...

(By the way, I only got to talk to them because they keyed in my address wrong into the system and subsequently posted the return of my ID to the wrong address…!)

Good luck all.

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Post by ramapuku » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Hello All,

An update from me ,

Application sent: 23/06/2016
Application received: 24/06/2016
Payment taken: 29/06/2016
Confirmation: None
DCPR received: 21/10/2016 with an issue date of 18/10/2016

Thanks to everybody for their advices and Good luck to all those waiting for their DCPR. Just to sum up, it took the Home Office 4 months less 2 days from sending to receiving.

Johnik
Newly Registered

Post by Johnik » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:37 pm

Hello,
I applied for PR on the 7th of July and have had my email confirmation and money taken etc. At the beginning of this month I requested the return of my passport as I need to travel at the end of November and completed the online request To date I haven't received anything back. I did a progress request but still no answer. Does anyone have a telephone number for HO?
TIA
J

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:40 am

Congrats ramapuku. I submitted mine with similar timelines (day later). I will wait for mine now. I changed my address and communicated to them with pre-paid envelop.

Did they send it to your new address ?
ramapuku wrote:Hello All,

An update from me ,

Application sent: 23/06/2016
Application received: 24/06/2016
Payment taken: 29/06/2016
Confirmation: None
DCPR received: 21/10/2016 with an issue date of 18/10/2016

Thanks to everybody for their advices and Good luck to all those waiting for their DCPR. Just to sum up, it took the Home Office 4 months less 2 days from sending to receiving.

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Post by ramapuku » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:15 am

Hi Chlr,

They sent it to my new address. I used the online change of address form as advised by you and another user on the board. I am not sure if they sent it to me before or after the form as i filled it up on the 17th of October in the late night and the PR was issued on the 18th.

I think you should receive yours next week. Best of luck x

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks. I also updated my address online as well. Hoping to receive mine next week. It is interesting to note that i submitted my application immediately after Brexit results :)
ramapuku wrote:Hi Chlr,

They sent it to my new address. I used the online change of address form as advised by you and another user on the board. I am not sure if they sent it to me before or after the form as i filled it up on the 17th of October in the late night and the PR was issued on the 18th.

I think you should receive yours next week. Best of luck x

ying688
Newly Registered

Post by ying688 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:31 am

Can't find my original post, I received all my documents back yesterday in the prepaid envelope I supplied. It was a joint DCPR and PR application :)

Application sent: 29/04/2016
Payment taken: 03/05/2016
DCPR and all document received: 21/10/2016
PR card: will take another 10 working days

Noexit
Newly Registered

Post by Noexit » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:39 am

[Hi all,

My timeline as EU national single application with many jobs and addresses changed over a years.

Application sent: 13/06/16
Application received: 14/06/16
Payment taken: 16/06/16
Confirmation e-mail: none

Letter confirming PR dated: 11/10/2016
PR card dated: 6/10/2016

I didn't request ID back at any point.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for an advise. I will move to British citizenship forum from here.
Many Thanks ]

Hi "avva78",
First of all congratulations on your application. I have a quick question regards your application as you have mentioned you had Many jobs and did you have gaps between the employments? If yes how did you address it in the applicatio. I know you are busy but if you please can shade some light that would be really helpful for me as I am in the same boat with multiple employment. Thanks