ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the UK to an EEA national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Child born in the UK to an EEA national

Post by ramapuku » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:05 am

Hello friends,

I have a lovely son, born in the UK on the 12 Feb 2016. I am an EEE citizen. The father is also an EEA citizen of another member state, but we are not married, never been. I registered in the UK as a WRS worker in 2011. My WRS certificate sais - Started work - 13 Jan 2011 and the certificate itself is dated 10 Feb 2011. I also have a DCPR dated Oct 2016.

My questions to any kind person here is : Is my child automatically a British citizen providing the above facts and If he is, what is the procedure for his registration? Is he eligible for a British passport and how can I apply.

Thank you warmly

noajthan

Re: Child born in the UK to an EEA national

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:39 am

ramapuku wrote:Hello friends,

I have a lovely son, born in the UK on the 12 Feb 2016. I am an EEE citizen. The father is also an EEA citizen of another member state, but we are not married, never been. I registered in the UK as a WRS worker in 2011. My WRS certificate sais - Started work - 13 Jan 2011 and the certificate itself is dated 10 Feb 2011. I also have a DCPR dated Oct 2016.

My questions to any kind person here is : Is my child automatically a British citizen providing the above facts and If he is, what is the procedure for his registration? Is he eligible for a British passport and how can I apply.

Thank you warmly
Based on above facts son is not automatically British because the date of issue of PR card is meaningless and WRS is nothing to do wih it.

But don't worry, lovely son may still be eligible to be registered British. Or he may be British.

The key question is when did you acquire PR status, that is when did your 5 year qualifying period start end?
(Not: what is the date of issue of DCPR).

If you (or father) had PR status (not card) before son was born then he is British. Apply for passport directly.
Form from Post Office.

If you (or father) acquired PR after son's birth then son is now entitled to be registered as British under section 1(3) of BNA.
Use form MN1.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Post by ramapuku » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:05 am

Hello, Thank you very much. I came to the UK in 2009 and studied for couple of years before start working in 2011 January, I think this is making me eligible for PR before my sunshine was born :)

We need the passport in order to be able to travel, do you know if the procedure of obtaining it is lengthy as most applications for non British citizens or this one is quicker? Do I need to send the Passport office all the documents i have from 2009 onwards - 3.7kg :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:35 am

ramapuku wrote:Hello, Thank you very much. I came to the UK in 2009 and studied for couple of years before start working in 2011 January, I think this is making me eligible for PR before my sunshine was born :)

We need the passport in order to be able to travel, do you know if the procedure of obtaining it is lengthy as most applications for non British citizens or this one is quicker? Do I need to send the Passport office all the documents i have from 2009 onwards - 3.7kg :)
PR may have been acquired as early as 2014 then, assuming you had CSI as a student.
So your son has smashed it.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

Note probably simplest not to submit your hard-earned DCPR as that may confuse a poorly-trained caseworker (who may misinterpret the date of issue).
So, yes submit a ton of documentary supporting evidence.
Follow the guide.

We did our passport applications some time ago, not sure on current timelines.
Check in forum timeline.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ramapuku
Newly Registered

Post by ramapuku » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:40 am

Thank you so much x