ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chirag85

Tier 2 General Questions

Post by Chirag85 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:28 am

Hello,

I know a lot of people may have already asked this question but i am unable to find it on the forum. It would be great if anyone can advise the list of documents i would need to submit for Tier 2 Extension with same employer & same job code.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Chirag

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Documents for Tier 2 Extension Same Employer

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 am

Chirag85 wrote:Hello,

I know a lot of people may have already asked this question but i am unable to find it on the forum. It would be great if anyone can advise the list of documents i would need to submit for Tier 2 Extension with same employer & same job code.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Chirag

You dont really need much for extension. You sponsor should get a new CoS and assign to you and also ensure the right SOC is used and you are paid experienced salary as required. Your sponsor might also be able to guarantee finance for you so you dont have to submit bank statement and you dont need to submit academic certificate either.
Once you have completed your application, you should find a list of supporting documents required.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:53 pm

All you need to do is fill the application online, pay the Health Surcharge and put the reference on the application, print the confirmation page after you submit the application, and send this along with your passport, BRP and a photo with your name written on the back.

Once you fill the application, the confirmation page will list the mandatory documents you need to send. It clearly states that you don't need to show any maintenance as you are already on Tier 2.

Chirag85

Post by Chirag85 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 am

Thank you

Chirag85

Timeline for Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by Chirag85 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 am

Hello,

My company solicitor has applied for Certificate of Sponsorship to extend my tier 2 visa but it has been over 3 weeks but she hasn't heard from home office yet. Please can you advise how long does home office take to issue the certificate? My visa runs out in 2 weeks and i m really concerned.

Thanks
Chirag

hopeforall9
Mood:

Re: Timeline for Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by hopeforall9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 am

are you talking about the COS allocation? Ours took 4 weeks, which is apparently the current average time for them to be allocated.

Chirag85

Post by Chirag85 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:58 am

yes COS allocation, this is the 4th week so hopefully i should hear from home office. fingers crossed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 am

Chirag85 wrote:Hello,

My company solicitor has applied for Certificate of Sponsorship to extend my tier 2 visa but it has been over 3 weeks but she hasn't heard from home office yet. Please can you advise how long does home office take to issue the certificate? My visa runs out in 2 weeks and i m really concerned.

Thanks
Chirag
No need to start a new topic with every question you have on the same application. Topics merged, keep all questions in one thread (this one)

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General Questions

Post by hopeforall9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:31 am

have you guys emailed the help desk to ask for an urgent treatment to the allocation? You can email them when your visa gets to within 15 days of expiring and ask them to treat it as an urgent case. Be sure they provide a scan of your visa so the date of expiry can be proven.

BusinessHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Chirag85

Re: Tier 2 General Questions

Post by Chirag85 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:40 pm

thanks a lot