ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Correction on BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DAJ
Newly Registered

Name Correction on BRP

Post by DAJ » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Good day

I have applied for BRP correction on my name on the 24th of March 2016. Home Office says corrected BRP will be send back within 10 working days. Does Home Office contact you in connection with status of BRP correction. Do they give you any tracking number for the secure mail send back. Is there any contact number which I can call for a status update.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

BigPun
Newly Registered

Re: Name Correction on BRP

Post by BigPun » Wed May 18, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi DAJ,
Did you get your corrected BRP yet? I also sent through my documents and wanted to find out from you how many days from when you sent it did it take them to acknowledge that they have received the documents you sent?

The email instruction says that its 10 working days after acknowledgement. I have a dilemma because I already have travel booked and I can see mine was delivered to their office on monday. Please let me know how long it took you from when you sent the documents to them to acknowledge receipt of your documents and if you got your corrected BRP back, how many working days it took to get it after the acknowledgement.

Thanks.

meli12345
Newly Registered

Post by meli12345 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi BigPun,

Did you get your documents back on time? How long did it take for you to get it back? Did they sent you a letter of acknowledgment that they received your documents?

Regards,

Pamela

Adityakuma1
Newly Registered

Post by Adityakuma1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 am

Hi all,

I know this topic is 6 months old but just want to know outcome and how long they have taken to send corrected brp.

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:51 am

Hello guys,

I think I am in the same position as you. Can I ask you a question: Does the biommetric letter says your name rightly? or it is just the biometric card that contains incorrect name?

My situation is the fullname is "A B C" with the current surname "A" on passport/previous visa but the biometric letter implies "C" as the surname (I guess this because it says "Dear Mr. C") although the letter does state the fullname "A B C".

My concern is if that is ok to proceed the biometric information with the letter or should I ask and wait for new letter?

Best regards,
ABC

sukubutsu
Newly Registered

Post by sukubutsu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:12 am

Hi ilovebeatles or ABC,

I am in the exact situation as you. Passport shows A B C as name with no distinction btw given name and surname. BRP came with C as surname and A B as given name.

I've contacted the BRP team and they have responded asking to return the BRP and "any copies of supporting documents (e.g. permit holder's passport)"

I am confused if I should be sending a full photocopy of my passport or my original?

What was the outcome of your issue?