ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted CoS renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sibychan007
Newly Registered

Unrestricted CoS renewal

Post by sibychan007 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:33 pm

My HR applied for the annual allocation ( 2016 - 2017) for Unrestricted CoS in March and she also requested an additional CoS. Home Office send HR an email requesting for further clarification on the additional CoS as she did not specify the reason correctly. Unfortunately, she missed that email and we did not follow up with Home Office as well. Eventually UKBA dropped our request - think so.

My HR again applied for a CoS as my Tier2 General visa is coming up for renewal in April 2017. Its been 18 days today since we applied for the CoS but have not had any response from UKBA. As far as my knowledge, normally they take 2-3 weeks but I am bit worried as they have not issued one yet. Any thoughts?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Unrestricted CoS renewal

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:39 am

sibychan007 wrote:My HR applied for the annual allocation ( 2016 - 2017) for Unrestricted CoS in March and she also requested an additional CoS. Home Office send HR an email requesting for further clarification on the additional CoS as she did not specify the reason correctly. Unfortunately, she missed that email and we did not follow up with Home Office as well. Eventually UKBA dropped our request - think so.

My HR again applied for a CoS as my Tier2 General visa is coming up for renewal in April 2017. Its been 18 days today since we applied for the CoS but have not had any response from UKBA. As far as my knowledge, normally they take 2-3 weeks but I am bit worried as they have not issued one yet. Any thoughts?
If your Visa is not expiring soon, UKVI might not treat your case as urgent. Some other members of the forum with close visa expiry got their Cos Allocation in 2 weeks.

When exactly do you plan to renew your visa? if your visa expiry date is in mid to end of April 2017 then you might still be able to renewal your visa using CoS allocation for 2017/2018.

The allocation your HR is requesting for now will expire early April 2017. So it must be used before then.

You might want to apply to extend your visa by January/ February 2017. There's a lot of time for your HR to get the CoS allocation.

Don't panic.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sibychan007
Newly Registered

Post by sibychan007 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. We have been granted with the CoS today. Seems like all sorted..

sekarr
Newly Registered

Post by sekarr » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:51 pm

I am Awiting for Unrestricted COS. Hi sibychan007 , It will be great, if you specify when did your hr requested to UKBA and when you got the COS.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:05 am

sibychan007 wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. We have been granted with the CoS today. Seems like all sorted..

That's good and thanks for the update. All the best in your visa extension.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 am

sekarr wrote:I am Awiting for Unrestricted COS. Hi sibychan007 , It will be great, if you specify when did your hr requested to UKBA and when you got the COS.
Took my boss a 2-3 weeks to get a new unrestricted allocation, and after that getting a CoS is a matter of minutes. This was in August and my visa is expiring in December.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:36 am

Mine took exactly 4 weeks!

Here is our timeline:
requested - Tuesday 27th September
Cos allocation granted - Tuesday 25 October

I would say ATM its about 4 weeks on average for an allocation. Good luck to everyone else getting one.