ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension Issue for Child Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Issue for Child Dependent

Post by Scorpio76 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi,
My husband is on Tier-2 General Visa and me and my kids got the Tier-2 Partner and Dependent visas accordingly. However, all our visas will expire in mid Jan, 2017 except for my daughter's visa which will expire on the 1st of Dec, 2016. It would have been no issue, if my husband is staying with the same employer. However, my husband is changing his employer to start his new job in 1st of Feb, 2017.
What shall we do if we didn't get the new COS number before her visa expires? Is there an option to extend her visa only for 1.5 month on the current employer COS without paying 664GBP ? I don't want her to stay illegally in UK and then gets refusal.

P.S. My daughter is 3 years old and my family hold Canadian Passports.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Extension Issue for Child Dependent

Post by paradoxical » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Your other option would be to travel to Canada, and stay there for a couple of months and then apply for new dependant visas together. I suspect that would cost more than the visa fee itself, with the added inconvenience etc. I think you will have to apply for a dependant visa, even if it is this short period and unfortunately, pay the full fee...

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Also I am wondering as to why did your daughter get a visa expiry date which is before yours and your husband's expiry. A dependant child and partner are supposed to get their visa in line with the main Tier 2 visa holder. In case, it was an error in the past, perhaps you can explore about ways to correct that.

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio76 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks paradoxical for your reply.

My daughter was born after we got our initial Tier-2 Visa. When she entered UK she got Leave to Enter Visa and to change it to Tier-2 Visa, we had to go outside UK and apply for her new visa. Although it was mentioned in her application that her father's visa will expire in Jan, 2017, she was given the a different expiry date. If there is an error, how can we fix it? This happened in Feb, 2015.

As for travelling outside UK, it is not easy for 2 reasons: 1. We are tied to my son's school and we have to ask for permission and approval from school. Also, the visa process time can take up to 15 business days. 2. It is quite expensive as well.

Kind Regards,

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:27 am

Okay, it does sound like an error then. A dependant visa should have had the same expiry as the main Tier 2 visa. I would imagine that once the application was accepted and returned back then in February 2015, there would have been a letter asking to check everything. Anyway, this definitely does sound like an error on the part of UKVI. I am not sure whom can you contact to sort this out, perhaps UKVI helpline unless someone from here have any idea. It might be worth finding the letter that must have arrived with your daughter's BRP and it would probably have some contact info....

Scorpio76
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpio76 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi,
You are absolutely right. Yesterday, while I was checking my husbands Tier-2 visas the previous one had an expiry date of 1st of Dec although it was superseded by the leave to remain visa which he got after that and before she gets her Tier2 visa. So, yes, it was a mistake for overlooking his current visa and using his previous one.
I also called the Home Office yesterday, and I was told that there is nothing they could do and I have to apply for her separately with the current COS (before her visa expires) until we get the new COS number. Then we will reapply again for her with the new COS. This means double the fees for her.

Many thanks for your feedback and advice.

Kind Regards

Dr_Lincoln
Newly Registered

Post by Dr_Lincoln » Mon May 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Scorpio, what happened in the end?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Dr_Lincoln wrote:Scorpio, what happened in the end?
Member Scorpio76 hasn't visited the forum since Nov 06, 2016
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.