ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by alecstrachan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:40 pm

yungbuk wrote:I used to contact with SAR department and they told me that entry and exit records only go back 5 years. I am wondering how do they check the 10 years immigration history/how long it will take? I have seen someone on this forum said the contact centre was useful but when I phoned them, they said they were not able to check my status with my case ID.
I think the only credible source to check periods outside of UK is through passport. Airline data is only kept for a certain time period depending on their policies. Apart from this I cant think of any other source that can be as legit as your passport for this verification.

Do you know how long does it take them to get the passports from their relevant department. I think hopefully in my case they only want to check my old passports that have been with them since sept 2014. What if they lose my passports and can't verify anything then I am in deep waters I suppose.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I have no clue at all. I will have a very important business trip by the end of this month but HO keep my current passport and biometric card. I paid for premium services and they were happy of my most documents. I don't know how long do they need if they only check the immigration history.

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 pm

jph wrote:Hi JP,

I had the same issue on the 14th of October as they were saying IT issues. However after 30 mins wait, the case worker gave me a further enquiries letter without asking me anything. Did u get this letter as well?
Hi Younbuk,

I haven't received any letter. I am in complete darkness.

regards,
JP[/quote]
@Jph , which PEO have you applied? I had a same issue @Sheffield PEO, no update yet

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Hey Guys, I would like to know your application time and status:
Mine: Premium service at Croydon on 23/09/2016

It is reasonable that we could know our status but not just a letter! What a bureaucratic structure!

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi, Has anyone got reply from HO who applied at PEO on 13/14 Oct ?

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi

Please help

My ILR appointment at Solihull premium centre was Thursday October 20th at 10.30 am. I expected same day result as I thought I covered everything and provided a lot of documents to proof my 10 year long and legal residency in the UK. I had 625 days absence but out of my control. I explained the reasons of my absences and provided all the documents. I thought I will receive the result same day in few hours. about 2 and half hours after my appointment I received a phone call that the case worker wants to discuss something with me. I was given a paper that my case has been referred to a senior adviser. The person told me that he was not authorised to assess my application because of my more than 540 days absences (625 days) . He did not say how long it will take . he just said a day or two maybe and all documents with the outcome letter will be posted to me.

It has been three days now that I have not heard anything from home office regarding my application and I have nothing to track it. I paid more to have same day result .

Does anybody know how long roughly this may take? would it be possible to take more than few days?sth like postal application?

Please somebody help me in this darkness

I appreciate it

Kind regards

Hanieh

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Not yet, I applied on the 14th. Not sure how long this might take. Is it treated as a normal postal application with respect to timescales?

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Who has completed 10 years only on student basis excluding any other visas such as PBS, Entrepreneur etc and as such applied for Long Residence through PEO/PSC. Also not exceeding the time limits for absences from UK. Please post your timelines here as I am trying to differentiate these cases from those that have tax issues to get an idea about the timescales. Ideally just copy/paste this format. Thanks

Applied at PEO: 14-10-2016
Further Check letter Received: 14-10-2016
10 year status: Only Student
Passports at the time of application: 2 with UKVI, 1 recent enclosed in application
Absences from UK: None/0
Breakage in Continues legal time over 10 year: None
Criminal/Civil convictions: None
Taxation Issues: None
Any other negative points: None
Outcome: Not received

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi all

My case is dfnt than others here but i am trying to apply for ilr after 6 yrs on DLR through refused asylum then granted stay on humanitarian protection.

Is it possible to apply for ilr thru PEO and also is it the sane process as those applying thru 10 yr route or tier 1-5.

Abt the numbers of days spend on holidays outside the country how many days in a yr are we allowed to travel also do we have to provide evidence for taxes or only this is for people on work permits.

Any information will help.

Many thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:59 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi all

My case is dfnt than others here but i am trying to apply for ilr after 6 yrs on DLR through refused asylum then granted stay on humanitarian protection.

Is it possible to apply for ilr thru PEO and also is it the sane process as those applying thru 10 yr route or tier 1-5.

Abt the numbers of days spend on holidays outside the country how many days in a yr are we allowed to travel also do we have to provide evidence for taxes or only this is for people on work permits.

Any information will help.

Many thanks
This isn't the appropriate thread for your question. Please desist from multiple posts with the same question and continue in your original thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1415609
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UserILR
Newly Registered

Post by UserILR » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:01 am

honey1985 wrote:Hi

Please help

My ILR appointment at Solihull premium centre was Thursday October 20th at 10.30 am. I expected same day result as I thought I covered everything and provided a lot of documents to proof my 10 year long and legal residency in the UK. I had 625 days absence but out of my control. I explained the reasons of my absences and provided all the documents. I thought I will receive the result same day in few hours. about 2 and half hours after my appointment I received a phone call that the case worker wants to discuss something with me. I was given a paper that my case has been referred to a senior adviser. The person told me that he was not authorised to assess my application because of my more than 540 days absences (625 days) . He did not say how long it will take . he just said a day or two maybe and all documents with the outcome letter will be posted to me.

It has been three days now that I have not heard anything from home office regarding my application and I have nothing to track it. I paid more to have same day result .

Does anybody know how long roughly this may take? would it be possible to take more than few days?sth like postal application?

I appreciate it

Kind regards

Hanieh
=======================
@honey1985. i have similar case .

Applied at Sheffield PEO: 06-09-2016
Further Check letter Received: 06-09-2016
Passports at the time of application: with UKVI, passport and BRP copies enclosed with application
Absences from UK: Maximum 75 days (in 2009 for 6 weeks and then in 2013 for 5 weeks)
Breakage in Continues legal time over 10 year: I believe None
Criminal/Civil convictions: I believe None
Outcome: still waiting No response received yet.

Not all cases take such a long time but i don't know why they are taking long time. the lady who took my application said we will contact you in 2 days. however, i was not contacted by HO. I wrote them letter as well as sent them email but they did not respond me back. I rang them three times twice they were not even bothered to take my case ID and said they don't have any record of Premium application. it seems that they lied to me as third time when i rang a lady told me it is in process after taking all my details. she also told me about my letter which I sent them by special delivery. they cant give me any more details. they cant even tell me how long more it is gonna take. i am planning to request MP to write them letter on my behalf.

@yungbuk did you get any response???

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:22 am

UserILR wrote:
No response yet. I rang home office and they told me that all applications are subject to the standard postal time once you get a further checks letter. I guess I might have to wait 6 months out now before I can contact them for my application.
Also were you on appeal? and Would a letter from MP going to be helpful?

uffaisal

Post by uffaisal » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi All:
I applied for ILR through Glasgow PEO on 7Nov 2016 through Set- O
I was on Tier 1 General from last 5 years. I amended my tax return for tax
Year 2010/2011 in 2016 and payed the remaining tax. I also attached the summary of last 5 years of self-assessments from HMRC, along with my application. But the case worker asked me the reason for amendment.
Then gave me a letter for further checks. Can you please suggest me that
How long it does usually takes to get reply from HMRC?
What are my chances as i amended the tax return for year 2010/2011 and payed the tax ?
thanks

UserILR
Newly Registered

Post by UserILR » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 am

yungbuk wrote:
UserILR wrote:
No response yet. I rang home office and they told me that all applications are subject to the standard postal time once you get a further checks letter. I guess I might have to wait 6 months out now before I can contact them for my application.
i was not on appeal. i don't know but MP letter might be helpful to know the actual reason of holding application decision.

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 am

UserILR wrote:
honey1985 wrote:Hi

Please help

I appreciate it

Kind regards

Hanieh
=======================
@honey1985. i have similar case .

Applied at Sheffield PEO: 06-09-2016
Further Check letter Received: 06-09-2016
Passports at the time of application: with UKVI, passport and BRP copies enclosed with application
Absences from UK: Maximum 75 days (in 2009 for 6 weeks and then in 2013 for 5 weeks)
Breakage in Continues legal time over 10 year: I believe None
Criminal/Civil convictions: I believe None
Outcome: still waiting No response received yet.

Not all cases take such a long time but i don't know why they are taking long time. the lady who took my application said we will contact you in 2 days. however, i was not contacted by HO. I wrote them letter as well as sent them email but they did not respond me back. I rang them three times twice they were not even bothered to take my case ID and said they don't have any record of Premium application. it seems that they lied to me as third time when i rang a lady told me it is in process after taking all my details. she also told me about my letter which I sent them by special delivery. they cant give me any more details. they cant even tell me how long more it is gonna take. i am planning to request MP to write them letter on my behalf.

@yungbuk did you get any response???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@userILR

Thanks for sharing yours case

I applied like you based on 10 year legal stay in the UK all on student visa.
Absence from the UK: 85 days
No 180 days out of UK
My current student visa expires on 10.January.2017

like you , I was told on my appointment day that I will receive the decision with all original documents in a day or 2 by special delivery. I have not heard anything yet and it has been 3 weeks now. I am very tired of this waiting but I have no other option of just waiting and staying positive.

I went to the service centre I applied from (Solihull) last week and I explained my story to the guy whom I believe was the security guy. He took my letter with him and after few minutes he came back and told me my application is in process and they are doing further checks and I will hear from HO in few days. that's it . no more information nor precise time-frame . no track number nothing.
I found a number on website as well which was useless.
in further check letter, it is written that we can contact a number above the letter regarding the progress of application but there is no telephone number. there is only a fax number. I tried to fax a letter regarding my application and concern but the fax number was useless too. The fax did not go through at all. I posted the letter to solihull premium centre via recorded delivery and I know now that they have received my letter last Thursday 03/11/2016. I have not heard anything yet . My solicitor advised me to write a complain and email it to the complain department if I do not receive decision by 11th November.

let's stay positive and pray to receive the good decision very soon :)
Shall I say ''No News Good News''

Please let me know if you receive the decision or if you find a way to track your application

Thanks

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:07 pm

yungbuk wrote:
UserILR wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you share the HO number you rang please?

UserILR
Newly Registered

Post by UserILR » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:36 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you share the HO number you rang please?[/quote]

Phone. Home office 03001232241
opening time:
9 am to 4:45 pm Monday to Thursday
9 am to 4:30 pm on Friday .

uffaisal

Post by uffaisal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:37 am

hi ALL:
any1 go reply from HMRC if his/her application was kept for further check because of Tax amendment ?

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:50 am

I just want to tell you ALL that it may worth to contact the MP of your area by email/telephone to chase your application with the home office( I have and from my friend's experience this is the best way to fasten the application process), As there is no tracking option for us and the HO do not respond to sent letters or faxes.

Good luck everyone and stay positive :)

uffaisal

Post by uffaisal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:11 am

honey1985 wrote:I just want to tell you ALL that it may worth to contact the MP of your area by email/telephone to chase your application with the home office( I have and from my friend's experience this is the best way to fasten the application process), As there is no tracking option for us and the HO do not respond to sent letters or faxes.

hi Honey1985:
did you have the same issue of tax amendment if yes than did you get reply after MP asked UKVI about your application ?

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:36 am

uffaisal wrote:
honey1985 wrote:I just want to tell you ALL that it may worth to contact the MP of your area by email/telephone to chase your application with the home office( I have and from my friend's experience this is the best way to fasten the application process), As there is no tracking option for us and the HO do not respond to sent letters or faxes.

hi Honey1985:
did you have the same issue of tax amendment if yes than did you get reply after MP asked UKVI about your application ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

No I did not have tax issues. I have been in the UK for 10 years with Tier 4 student visa (Masters and PhD) but regarding the MP , I advise you to email her/his and any email address you find regarding her/his office staff. My MP contacted me in few minutes after I emailed her. I explained my deferral story with all my application references and she emailed me back that she will check back with HO and let me know. This happened on Monday 14/11/2016 and I emailed her again asking for update today 18/11/2016. Her secretary responded that an emailed has been sent to HO on the same Monday and it takes about 2 weeks for the HO to investigate and respond.
In my opinion this is the best way to track and fasten your application if yours has been taken long like me (a month). This is the MP responsibility to help you .So do to not hesitate to contacting your MP.

Very good luck :)

uffaisal

Post by uffaisal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:42 pm

hi Honey1985:
thanks for the details currently they are taking 6-8 weeks to reply.. I waiting from last 2 weeks and you are waiting from 4 weeks so hopefully you will get the reply before me.. please let us updated with the outcome
thanks

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 pm

uffaisal wrote:hi Honey1985:
thanks for the details currently they are taking 6-8 weeks to reply.. I waiting from last 2 weeks and you are waiting from 4 weeks so hopefully you will get the reply before me.. please let us updated with the outcome
thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully this week. I will let you know if I receive anything.
Do not worry and stay positive.

uffaisal

Post by uffaisal » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:19 am

Hi Honey1985:
Thanks :) hopefully you will get positive reply .. Did you use any solicitor to prepare your application ??

k7501

Post by k7501 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:04 pm

I have not sent any additional documentation since the appointment. I have got a call from my caseworker and it has cleared up the fact that I have not received a letter from them that was sent to me on the 10th of October. They did thankfully accept this to be the case and I have now received a duplicate, also dated the 10th of October. At least that explains why the Home Office has been waiting for my response, while I was waiting for theirs, which effectively cost a month of waiting.
Nevertheless, I have to now submit extra evidence to show my continuous lawful residence between 2006 and 2011. What concerns me is that the letter itself is an edited template, the purpose of which was to ask for documents proving continuous residence (e.g. GP records, school attendances, etc), however the part which my caseworker added there referred to me having to prove my absences rather than residence. The list of suggested documents on the template, therefore, will not help her. Therefore I am not sure whether to go with proving the continuous residence or the absences, and if it is the latter – nothing in the suggested list would help.

Would be grateful for any comments or thoughts

iffu
Newly Registered

Post by iffu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:47 pm

hello everybody...

I apply set(lr) same day service at Croydon on 2nd December 2015 and case worker lady told me that it will take 2 to 3 week time for decision but still waiting for decision ...

anybody tell me ,if any solution to solve this situation.....
nearly 1 year completing, no result