ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mahir1108

Tier 1 Extension Query

Post by Mahir1108 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi All,

If a candidate is on T1Ent visa which is valid for 3 years.
In between those 3 years he tried to switch to T2 General visa and got refused. Obviously his T1 Ent visa will be still valid.

My question will this T2 General Refusal have any impact on his T1 Ent Extension if he fullfills all the required points for extension.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Extension Query

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Not necessarily unless the reason for refusal was that you broke some immigration rules, committed fraud or tried to deceive HO
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mahir1108

Post by Mahir1108 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:02 am

So any refusal as long as it is not due to fraudrent activities or cheating etc. should not effect Tier 1 Extension if the candidate fulfills all the extension requirements.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:34 am

No, a refusal due to ineligibility should not affect your future visas
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mahir1108

Post by Mahir1108 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:41 pm

One final clarification please Zimba,

Immigration rule 245DE states
no employment, other than working for the business or businesses which he has established, joined or taken over, but working for such business(es) does not include anything undertaken by the applicant pursuant to a contract of service or apprenticeship, whether express or implied and whether oral or written, with another business
Bearing the above point, what effect will it have on Tier 1 Ent Extension with a Tier 2 General refusal.

I mean can this be a point of refusal for Tier 1 Ent Extension.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Yes but this is relevant to Tier 1E rules not a Tier 2 general. You need to give the reason for your Tier 2 General refusal if you want accurate advice. If the reason for refusal was that your were working without permission or against the rules, then obviously you broke the law and your extension application falls under general grounds for refusal.

Mahir1108

Post by Mahir1108 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:32 am

The reason for refusal of T2 General is RLMT not done correctly.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:00 pm

Mahir1108 wrote:The reason for refusal of T2 General is RLMT not done correctly.
Then that is not a reason for your to be refused in future