ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India - Visa on Arrival

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NOG
Member of Standing

India - Visa on Arrival

Post by NOG » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:49 am

Hello all, been on the forum after a long time.
Question of behalf of someone else:-
Is it really necessary to have a return/outgoing flight out of India booked to obtain visa on arrival? Has anyone been asked to provide proof of this at the airport? My understanding is that with VOA, one must leave before 30 days. While we have all intentions to leave for Thailand from India before the 30 days expire, we haven't booked the outgoing flight since we want to leave plans somewhat flexible. Anyone granted entry without a return flight booked?
Thanks! 8)

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: India - Visa on Arrival

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:52 pm

When I recently went to Dubai they didnt ask me for my return flight.

When you visit any country if you are going to stay to stay more than 30 days you have to report at the local office for foriegners after the due date.. ( as per my expereince in Dubai. )

In India you have to visit the FRRO office. ( Foreigners Regional Registration Office ) present only in the capital city of the states.

Based on this option I suppose you may not need a proof.. but please check with others I am not sure.

call up the Indian visa helpline number 0203 793 8629.. They are open from 9am UK time

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:16 am

IndiMarshall, thanks for your reply.
I have a British passport and OCI so have no problems but the question is on behalf of my partner who is a Spanish national. She has visited India previously for over 30 days (normal visa procedure in Madrid) and once in India we did not visit any FRRO to register.
I am just wondering whether proof of an outbound flight is required for her to receive the TVOA for 30 days at Mumbai Airport. I have checked the official Indian TVOA website and as far as I can make out there is no requirement to show a confirmed outbound ticket, however, I have come across blogs where a confirmed return/outbound ticket has been specified as one of the requirements.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:59 am

NOG wrote:IndiMarshall, thanks for your reply.
I have a British passport and OCI so have no problems but the question is on behalf of my partner who is a Spanish national. She has visited India previously for over 30 days (normal visa procedure in Madrid) and once in India we did not visit any FRRO to register.
I am just wondering whether proof of an outbound flight is required for her to receive the TVOA for 30 days at Mumbai Airport. I have checked the official Indian TVOA website and as far as I can make out there is no requirement to show a confirmed outbound ticket, however, I have come across blogs where a confirmed return/outbound ticket has been specified as one of the requirements.
I suggest you call up the helpline number I have mentioned.. better to be very sure in your case for a hassle free travel..