ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship with debts

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nel974

citizenship with debts

Post by nel974 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Casa wrote:Without judging, but looking at this from a moral point of view....you would be using someone else's money to pay for your BC application. :|
Well I have somewhat similar situation, I have been working till Feb 2016, but was fired due to home office letter to my employer,telling them my EEA2 visa has been expired, although being EEA family member I didn't had to renew my permission to work anyway I lost my job.
Now after getting my PR for the period 2010-2015, I have applied for my naturalization in August 2016, but I have debts of almost 5500 pounds, I have been paying my debts through a debt management company till the time I was working.
Now I have again started paying my debts off,through another debt management company. I have no other issues.
I thought it is ok to have default as long as I do not have CCJs. I am worried now

nel974

Re: citizenship with debts

Post by nel974 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:40 pm

noajthan wrote:Dig into such vital questions here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _D_v02.pdf
Thanks for your reply, there are few things went through my sight in debt section. First of all I have paid all my council taxes, TV licence fees etc. Secondly I am paying my debts through debt management company. Thirdly I have not taken any benefits even when I am unemployed. I am unemployed for the last 10 months and have not taken any benefits and paying my all council and other taxes.
Lastly I have saving and can pay my debts off in one payment but I got PPI problems with my bank and want to clear it first.
I have been offered a job in bank and they are satisfied with my default arrangements.
Do you think I have to explain that to HO please advise?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nel974

Post by nel974 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:00 pm

noajthan wrote:To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
thanks for that but can you pls advise ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Explain it all in cogent cover letter to show you are being proactive about this.

I'm just a moderator, stand by for others to contribute too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 pm

nel974 wrote:
Casa wrote:Without judging, but looking at this from a moral point of view....you would be using someone else's money to pay for your BC application. :|
Well I have somewhat similar situation, I have been working till Feb 2016, but was fired due to home office letter to my employer,telling them my EEA2 visa has been expired, although being EEA family member I didn't had to renew my permission to work anyway I lost my job.
Now after getting my PR for the period 2010-2015, I have applied for my naturalization in August 2016, but I have debts of almost 5500 pounds, I have been paying my debts through a debt management company till the time I was working.
Now I have again started paying my debts off,through another debt management company. I have no other issues.
I thought it is ok to have default as long as I do not have CCJs. I am worried now
My comment on morality was intended for Angie77, the member in the original thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.