ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 to ILR Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iqkhanuk

TIER 1 to ILR Questions

Post by iqkhanuk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi All,

Can someone pls help on queries below

1- I am looking to apply in person for ILR and my family will apply later by post due to LIUK test.
Is there any restrictions we dependents apply later. T1 valid till 2018

2- Does my wife need to demonstrate english language requirements or is this for citizenship.

Thanks

Hola2015

Re: TIER 1 to ILR

Post by Hola2015 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm

iqkhanuk wrote:Hi All,

Can someone pls help on queries below

1- I am looking to apply in person for ILR and my family will apply later by post due to LIUK test.
Is there any restrictions we dependents apply later. T1 valid till 2018 No, your dependants can apply later as long as their T1 is still valid

2- Does my wife need to demonstrate english language requirements or is this for citizenship. Yes, she will need to meet the requirement of english language in addition to LIUK before she can apply for ILR

Thanks

iqkhanuk

ILR Set O Form English requirements

Post by iqkhanuk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:08 am

Hi

I have UK masters degree and working full time since 5 years.\

In section 4 re LIUK and english lang requirements

I am confused that which one to fill in Do I need to take the test in previous T1 applications I attached masters degree as proof of english language and it has been accepted.

A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above
from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to
question 4.5 below); OR
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the
recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or
PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was
taught or researched in English; or
˗ the qualification was taught or researched in the UK
or a majority English speaking country (other than
Canada); OR
▪ You are a national of a majority English speaking country
(as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)
SET(O) Version 04/2016 Page 16
4.4 If you and/or your partner have not obtained one of the relevant qualifications, are you
claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you
from taking the Life in the UK test or doing a speaking and listening qualification in English?
You Your partner
Yes No Yes No
If you and/or your partner are claiming exemption, you must provide a doctor’s letter or similar
evidence confirming that you and/or your partner are unable to take the test or obtain a speaking
and listening qualification. An exemption will only be agreed exceptionally. If you have
answered yes to this question go to Section 5.
4.5 Please provide details of your English language test:
Tick to confirm which body awarded your test:
IELTS SELT Consortium
Trinity College London
Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body: