ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Total Fiasco - Please advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vanity
Newly Registered

Total Fiasco - Please advise

Post by vanity » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Hello. Something really strange has happened.

I submitted my FLR(IED) in August 2004 and waited very patiently for my passport to arrive.

In December when the Tsunami struck parts of Asia, I had a death in my family and I request "Urgent Treatment" of my application. I told the HO I was due to travel on 19th January. Furthermore, I got all my travel plans arranged for 19th January.

The HO called me on Friday 14th January 2005 and said that my Documents were ready and I should get a courier company to collect it if I required it ASAP.

I arranged for DHL to collect my Passport and travel documents from the HO and have it delivered on Saturday 15th January 2005.

The HO confirmed the collection and sent me the Courier Company receipts.

Now its been 3 days since I been waiting for my Passport and Travel Documents and I been going to every DHL Office in London asking about my Passport and documents. And I am due to travel tomorrow.

It seems like DHL has lost my Passport and Travel documents and I can't travel tomorrow.

How can I get a new FLR (IED) stamp on my passport after I get a new one from my Embassy?

And if any one can inform me of any solicitors to sue DHL for all the inconvenience and distress.

Thanks very much

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Total Fiasco - Please advise

Post by Chess » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:23 pm

vanity wrote: How can I get a new FLR (IED) stamp on my passport after I get a new one from my Embassy?

Sorry about the loss and problems with DHL.

Once you get a new passport - go to any PEO and they will put a new Visa in your passport. Unfortunately, you will have to pay for this.

Strange that your FLR-IED was submitted in August 04 and you had not recieved a reply despite the fact that they are dealing with October 04 applications
Where there is a will there is a way.

Blessings
Newly Registered

Post by Blessings » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:39 pm

Try log on to DHL website (www.dhl.co.uk), click on TRACKING and insert the Waybill number from the HO (I hope you have it). You might be able to get some useful information as to where your travel documents are.

Good luck

vanity
Newly Registered

Post by vanity » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:06 pm

DHL found it....Im travelling tomorrow!!! Wahhhoooooooo